018

You, Me and Us

 

 

I shivered a little and pulled my blanket closer to me. Stretching my arms on the bed, I opened my eyes when I felt it empty. I sat up quickly but groan from the sudden blood rush to my head mkaing my vision blur. Once it went back to normal, I looked around. He in my room but the computer was on and my room’s door is open. Not to mention, there was a delicious scent floating in my room making my stomach rumble.

Where is he?

I swing my legs over the bed and was about to stand up when he walked in with a towel hanging around his neck.

“You’re up?”

“Morning.”

“Morning.” He smiled and walked towards me. I held out my hand and he pulled me up towards him before hugging me. I wrapped my arms around him for warmth and took in his scent. I sighed with a mixture of emotions. I’m really happy but then again, he is leaving today. The days he stayed here is too short.

“What’s wrong?” his voice rumbled through his chest and I shook my head. “Look at me.” he said softly and tilted my face to him. I rested my chin on his chest while we are still hugging. He carefully tucked my hair behind my ear as if he didn’t do it softly I’ll break. The way he looked at me was so endearing, I felt really loved. “I’ll be back before you know it. When I find her, I’ll break off the marriage and come back to you.” he smiled lightly. “Now go and wash up, I made breakfast.”

“Breakfast?” my mouth was dropping, he used his index finger and slightly pushed my chin back up closing my mouth for me.

“Yes.” he pulled me towards the toilet and closed the door in my face before I could say anything. “Come out soon.”

I turned towards the mirror and just stood there before letting out a soft laugh. He made breakfast. I didn’t expect that. After a while I came out with a towel over my wet hair, since it was a bit cold I speed walk to the room and dived into my blankets. My bed felt so comfortable and warm, I don’t want to leave it.

“I thought I saw someone walking by. There you are.” I peaked out from under the blanket and he sat by the side of the bed, dressed in his going out clothes.

“It’s cold.” my voice was muffled by the blanket.

“Then you shouldn’t let your hair stay wet. Come here.” he shifted and made me sit up. He sat behind me and took the towel in his hands, he began to dry my hair. With his body wrapped around me from behind, I lean against him wanting the warmth. I’m weak against the cold, I fall sick easily during winter. And when I fall sick, I get it bad. When I was younger, oppas had to make sure I was warm all the time.

I closed my eyes and felt his fingers on my scalp, occasionally giving me a short massage. Gathering my hair, he placed it on one side and rested his head on my shoulder. I could hear him breathing clearly and he placed a kiss on my shoulders and hugged me. I brought the covers up a little to cover him as well.

“You smell like me.”

“I think it’s the other way around. You smell like me.”

“I like it, smelling like you. You smell so good and it makes me want to cuddle with you.”

“I better thank the shampoo.” He laughed and placed a peck on my neck.

“Let’s get you food.” he whispered into my ears making shivers run down my spine. He helped me out and sat me down at the table. It was nicely set up and he placed a plate of pancakes in front of me. “It’s not my first time making it but I tried my best. Hopefully it’s okay.”

Looking down at the uneven sizes and shapes of the pancake made me smile. Him making me breakfast instead of me doing it was enough. Taking up my fork I cut up a small piece before dipping it into the maple syrup and placing it into my mouth. I have to say it wasn’t the best pancake I’ve had but he did it just for me making it taste even better.

“How is it?” I looked at him.

“Delicious.” He broke into a smile and he dig in as well.

“Did you manage to find anything?” he looked up and nodded after a while.

“I found some clues. I’m sure the others found more.” He shrugged.

“Do you want me to help with the search?”

“I don’t want you too. All you need to do is just wait for me.”

“Do you want me to ask my oppas?” he placed his fork down before reaching out for my hand.

“It’s okay, I’ll manage. We will manage. She didn’t treat you well in the past actually.” I know that. But the thing is, she is still somewhat related to me. She is still my cousin, still part of my family. I couldn’t imagine what they must be feeling for the second time, they are probably more anxious than before.

“I want to. The faster you find the clues, the faster you can come back.” my voice dropped a little towards the back of the sentence, I was a bit embarrassed from saying it. I really liked him a lot.

“If you really want too, then okay.” He said in the end. “I don’t want you to stay up doing all this okay?”

“I promise.”

We ate finish and I took the plates from him. He did make me breakfast so I’ll do the dishes. He stayed by my side until I finished and held my hand.

“My morning kiss.” He gave me a short kiss. “You taste sweet.” I bit my lip before throwing him a small glare.

“It’s the maple syrup.” I said and turned around but he pulled me back.

“I like it.” he kissed me again and I let him. He wouldn’t be round for a few days and honestly, I’ll miss this. All that cuddling, kisses and his warmth. But most of all, I’m going to miss him.

“If you find anything, you can just give me a call. Speed dial number 6.” He said.

“When did you-“ He cut me off with a peck on my lips.

“Secret. Remember, number 6. As much as I want to be your first, 6 is okay because it holds a special meaning.”

“What meaning?”

“Our birthday.”

That’s right. Zhang Yi Ning’s real birthday is on the 6 of November. I didn’t know we shared the same birthday. That makes it extra special. He must have found out from Lay. He looked down at his phone for the time and sighed. It’s time for him to go. Holding my hand, he walked into Chanwoo’s room and squatted down by the side of his bed. He pushed his hair back and place a kiss his forehead before smiling sadly.

“I’ll see you soon. Take care of eomma for me, I promise I’ll be back soon.” He lingered there for a while before standing up. Looking at me, he caressed my cheek. We didn’t need words to explain how we feel right now.

“You better get going.” I croaked softly and pulled him to the door. He wore his shoes and turn to face me and wrapped me in his arms.

“I’m going to miss you so much!” I hugged him back and held my tears in. He isn’t leaving permanently, he will come back. But I didn’t want him to leave.

“Me too.”

“I’ll call you whenever I can.” He released me and stared down at me and I smiled.

“Come back soon.”

“I will. Wait for me.” he placed his lips on mine and kissed for a long time. Neither of us wanted to let go. Slowly, he pulled away and hugged me one last time before opening the front door. He stared at me once more and I gave him a tiny wave and with that, he left.

I stood there at the entrance in silence, there was that empty feeling inside again. He was that missing piece that can make me whole again. I walked back into the house and as I looked back, he left a piece of him everywhere. His laughter in the living room, his figure in the kitchen and his warmth. He changed me, he made me weak and dependent on him. He turned my life upside down.

“Things he does to me.” I shook my head and went to my room. There is still an hour before Chanwoo wakes up, I better make use of it. Looking at the documents he left in my computer I realised that he found quite a bit of information. But they weren’t the decisive clues but just information. I enlarged the video and watched he get taken a way, it seemed like a normal kidnapping scene but something caught my eye. She only struggled outside but she stopped when she was in the car as they drove off. Normally a kidnapped victim wouldn’t stop struggling, they would want to get out. I zoomed in to check if she was drugged or anything but there wasn’t any evidence of her being drugged or being threatened. She was perfectly fine and it seemed like she went along with them.

This was really weird. Why wouldn’t there be people around that area? It wasn’t very late at night or very early in the morning. It was towards the evening, there should be people around. It made me suspicious because it seemed too fix. The details that Kris found, it was obvious that they were left there for them to follow. Is it a trap?

Wait wait wait.

What am I thinking? A trap? Seriously Rin, what are you thinking about? That’s his own fiancée! She wouldn’t stage her own kidnapping, would she?

I was confused. I continued to search for information and found out where the car is. It was a foreign car brand and it was rented. Hacking into that rental company’s records, I confirmed my suspicions. The person that rented the car was someone related to me.

Why are they doing this? Is it because they want to lure Kris out? Many thoughts flooded my head and I became anxious. Maybe I was thinking too much, there is no way she would do that. Who in the right mind would do that? I tried to shake the thought off but it obviously didn’t work. I stared at the computer, I really wanted to know why. I glance at the mouse, it was tempting. I could just start a full search and get some answers. But then again, I may not like the results. I gradually reached out for the mouse.

“Eomma?” my hand immediately dropped and I went out to find Chanwoo in the middle of the living room. He smiled as soon as he saw me and walked towards me.

“Good morning baby.” I gave him a big hug.

“Where is appa?” I looked at him and caressed his cheeks.

“Appa went home.” his face dropped immediately and I felt bad. “But he will come back soon. Appa is busy.” He frowned.

“When is he coming back?”

“I don’t know. I really don’t know.” I shrugged and my heart broke when he was about to cry. “Appa made you breakfast. He woke up early to make just for Chanwoo.” I carried him to the table and placed him in his chair before heating up the food. I glance at him, he wasn’t the smiley baby boy I see every morning. He is as affected by Kris’s leaving as I am.

I placed the plate of pancakes in front of him. Kris spend a lot of time making his. He made them in different shapes and sizes, he really worked hard making them. I placed his fork in his hands and pat his head. “Appa will be back, then you can tell him how nice the pancakes are.” Slowly he began to pick on the pancake.

“Your uncles are coming back today.” His eye lit up a little when I mention them and I smiled. “They will be back in the afternoon. Do you want to welcome them?” he nodded and smiled slightly.

That’s my baby. I thought. I watched him eat his food when my phone rang. Grabbing my phone from my room I looked at the caller ID. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

Your Handsome Husband.

I couldn’t help but laugh before answering the phone.

“Baobei? What took you so long to answer the phone?”

“I thought it was a spam call. I don’t remembering having a husband.”

“Ahhh that would be me. I wanted to save it as your boyfriend but kind of typed wrongly.”

“Should I change it then? Then I know who is calling.” I .

“I don’t think that will be necessary. Why change it when it will come true?” I laughed and he chuckled. It made me miss him more.

“Are you reaching home soon?”

“In another 20 minutes. I miss you so much.”

“Me too.” I whispered.

“Is Chanwoo awake?” I turned to Chanwoo who is focusing on finishing his breakfast. “Yes, and he is enjoying your pancakes. Do you want to talk to him?”

“Yes please.” I walked to the table and sat next to him.

“Chanwoo ah, appa.” I handed him the phone and he placed it at his ear.

“Appa?” I watched as they converse, they really seem like father and son. “Eomma.” He handed me the phone.

“I miss having you in my arms.” it made me blush and smile shyly. It was a good thing he couldn’t seem my face right now or he will start teasing me. Then he sighed over the phone.“I'm reaching home soon.”

“Oh I found something regarding the video.” I said, I didn’t know if I should tell him about the ‘staged’ kidnapping or not. I may not be correct, maybe I was over thinking. 

“What is it?”

“Just watch it again, and focus on her reaction. You should be able to find out.” I didn’t tell him directly. “You can find it if you look closely. It’s just a small clue.”

But a crucial one.

“Oh and the car is a rented one, it’s from K-rentals.”

“I got it. Thank you.”

“Come back soon. I’ll let them know since they are coming back today.”

“Okay.” He whispered and there was silence, neither of us mention anything else. We both know who both of us are feeling right now, the longing of wanting to be together. “I’ll call you again, probably tonight.” he said softly.

“Take care.”

“I will and babe?”

“Hmmm?”

“I love you.” the 3 words that made me elated, made me smile and know who much I’m being loved.

“Mmhh.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.” He hung up and I stared at the phone in my hand. “I love you too.”

 

~~~~~~`````~~~~~~

 

Sorry for the wait! School is killing me....it's 2 weeks of hell. I realised that I actually wrote Kris's birthday in the previous chapters as the 8th. I've changed it already. The story will be having some action again. I don't know when I'll be able to up date again:( But I think that after these 2 weeks, I'll have slightly more time and hopefully I can update again. Keeping my fingers crossed. I was thinking, maybe I should like reply on your comments personally, should I?

Once again, sorry! Subscribe and comment or upvote if you want:) I hope you enjoy it!!

25/01/15