019

You, Me and Us

 

Sorry for the wait!

 

```

 

“Chanwoo are you ready?” I called out and he came running. In his hand he held his favourite car from Changjo.

“Ready!” he cheered and it made me smile. He became more cheerful when I mentioned that Teen Top is coming back today. I know inside he is still sad about Kris but he isn’t showing it. We took the lift down and just outside the building was a black van.

“Hello oppa.” Their manager waved and Chanwoo waved back making him smile.

“They should be arriving soon, we should get going.” he pointed to the van and we boarded. It was his idea for us to surprise them. He heard from the other manager complaining that they never stopped talking about us and that he was tired from all the talk. So they ganged up and planned a surprise for them or a prank. This is how it will go, first the manger with them will tell them that I’ll be waiting for them at the arrival hall. This will keep them anticipate but the truth is I won’t be waiting there as much as I want too but there are too many fans. Instead, we will be hiding in the van waiting for them to board and give them a surprise. We are in contact with the other manager who is updating us about their reactions and the plan.

“Your uncles are coming back, are you excited?”

“Yes!”

“I just got a message, they just arrived at the airport. They will be getting their luggage before coming out.” he looked at me through the front mirror and I nodded. That marks the start of the plan. We reached the airport and parked the car outside. Taking the blanket, I wrapped both me and Chanwoo inside preparing for their entrance when my phone rang.

“It’s from Byunghun oppa.” I looked at the manager and he frown. We couldn’t let out plan fail.

“Hello?”

“Angel! Where are you? We are back!”

“What do you mean? I’m at home.” I tried to sound tired hoping that he will think that I just woke up.

“Huh? But hyung said you will be here.”

“Wait, you came back today?” I sounded shocked and looked back at the manager who gave me a thumbs up. I signalled to Chanwoo to not make any sounds. “I thought it’s tomorrow! Oh my goodness, wait for me I’ll come right now.”

“No, it’s okay. We already came out.” I could hear fans screaming over the phone.

“Sorry oppa, I forgot.”

“It’s okay.” There was a tinge of disappointment and I heard groans from the other members. “We will see you later.”

“Okay. Sorry!”

“See you later angel!” and I hung up with a smile. They fell for it.

“They are coming out.” I quickly sat to one corner and cover us leaving a gap for me to peek out. Crouching low, I looked out the tinted window and the fans spilled out, in the middle of the sea of fans were Teen Top.

“Chanwoo ah, uncles are coming. Remember this is a surprise.” He looked up at me and nodded. We bend down as they approached the van and the door open. They came in one by one and someone sat next to me.

“Argh, I’m so tired!” I heard CAP exclaim and the door closed.

“Hyung, what is this?”

“Oh, that is just something I’m bring out.” taking that as my cue, I silently counted down.

3.

2.

1.

I pulled the blanket away and Chanwoo jumped on the person next to us make them all jump and shout in shock.

“Surprise!” we both shouted and they just stared at us. I looked at all of them and there wasn’t any reaction. “Am I not welcomed? Oppa, drop me off at the nearest station!”

“Noona!” I got enveloped into Changjo’s arms while the others started shouting and they all spoke at the same time.

“Okay, enough!” I said loudly and they stopped. “One at the time please, you are giving me a headache.” I said and rubbed my temples. I forgot how noisy they can get.

“D-did you just raise your voice?” Changjo let go of me.

“And glared at us?” Ricky asked in a disbelieving voice. I turned to them and stared at them for a while.

“Yes, you got a problem with that?” I asked as I raised my eyebrows. 

“Oh my goodness, what in the world happened to you? You are not Rin are you?”

“What are you talking about oppa?”

“You-your expressions…” he trailed off and I mentally hit myself. They don’t know about me getting back my emotions.

“Oh, about that, I got it back.” you smiled. “Surprise?”

“That is the BEST news I’ve heard!” Byunghun oppa wrapped his arms around me tightly and the rest cheered, the whole van sounded like a market place. Despite not being able to breath because of his tight grip and the noisy boys, you couldn’t help smile. You missed them being noisy, this was your life.

“Noona is smiling! She is so beautiful!” everyone stared at me.

“YA! Don’t just stare at her, don’t you know that my friend here is beautiful?” oppa wrapped his arms around me and smirked at them. “She was one of the best back in school.” You elbowed him and he doubled over.

“What?!”

“Nothing, just don’t go talking about things that didn’t happen.”

“But it’s true! You don’t know how many guy’s hearts you broke with just a smile! You were too oblivious to notice it.” he trailed off.

“Hyung, is it true?”

“Yes, I witnessed it of course.” He looked back at me and smiled. “She was called the goddess back then, her cold exterior was charming to all the males and if you got to see her smile you were considered lucky. Seeing her smile is like wanting to see an eclipse, it was that difficult. But once you showed your smile, the guys would just fall just like that. I bet you didn’t know how many guys were dying to be in my position. And a few of them even stalked you! You have no idea what I had to go through to protect you.”

“Protect me?” this is the first time you are hearing this from him. You didn’t notice what happened in school, all you focused on was my studies and working. “From what?”

“Fr—from t-the, I-I, those guys.” He stammered. I eyed him curiously.

“Oppa, when I met you, I was already trained to fight. I could defend myself then. Did you forget about that?” The others looked at him as well and he turned red, really red.

“You liked her right?” Chunji sat back and folded his arms. Oppa just coughed and looked away. “I’m right aren’t I? You liked Rin then!”

“WHAT?!” the others shouted and Chanwoo flinched in shock. I placed him on my lap and hugged him while the others tried to get an answer out of oppa. Back then, I knew he had something for me, even if I didn’t know, eonnie told me that it was so obvious. He was really nice to me and I only liked him as a friend, nothing more than that. I didn’t want to hurt him which is one of the reasons I pretended not to notice his feelings for me.

“Noona, did you know about it?” Ricky turned to me.

“Yes.”

“What?!” he stared at me wide eyed. “You knew?” you laughed.

“Oppa, you were too obvious.”

“T-then why didn’t you-“

“I didn’t want to hurt you, I didn’t feel the same way and I wanted to remain your friend. But then again, didn’t you get over it fast?” you tapped you chin as you tried to remember. “What was her name, that transfer student, you were glued to her. Her name was h-“ he covered my mouth before I could say anything else.

“Don’t say it.”

“Why?” you pried his hand off. “She was pretty and after a while you guys went out forgetting all about me-“

“Stop!” he shouted and you laughed. It was nice to again.

“So what happen?” now they were all curious.

“He told me what they did on their dates so I knew everything even-“

“ENOUGH!” he said desperately covering my mouth again.

“You have to find out the rest from him.” I grinned and they groan. Glancing at oppa, his ears were really red. It reminded me of the time when I complimented him. Though we didn’t work out, we became the best of friends and that was one of the best things that ever happened in my life. I reached out to hold his hand making him look at me.

“Thank you for being my best friend.”

```

“This is for Chanwoo.” Oppa took out a bag and placed it in front of Chanwoo. “Open it.” slowly the wrapper came off and inside was a train set. His face immediately lit up. He has been asking me to buy him a train set for a while.

“What must you say?” I asked him.

“Thank you uncle!” he hugged oppa with a huge smile.

“No problem I hope you like it!” the others also took out their gifts, it ranged from clothes to toys to shoes. They just have to keep spoiling him. “And this is for you angel.” oppa held out a light purple box. I took it and he nodded asking me to open it. I pulled the ribbon off and took the cover off.

“Oppa!” I gasped once I laid eyes on the item inside. “This, it’s-“

“It’s for you. Don’t say that it’s expensive or anything because we bought it for you. You need to be pampered sometimes.” He smiled and I didn’t know what to say. I looked back down at the set of earrings he got for me, a simple design of a pair of wings.

“Thank you, I love it!” you smiled back at him and the others. “Thank you so much.” You whispered.

“Now noona is officially our angel. You got your wings.”  Everyone laughed at Ricky’s comment.

“To thank you all for the presents, I guess I’ll make dinner.”

“YES! I want noona’s kimchi chige!”

“Kimchi chige it is!”

I made food and we ate happily. They talked about their concerts and some interesting things that happened. They showed pictures as well, the places that they went to were really beautiful. Chanwoo was playing with his new toys while we talked.

“Eomma.” I looked at him. “When is appa coming back?” his that once sentence made you freeze. You have yet to talk about Kris to oppa. “I miss appa, I want appa to come home now.”

“Appa?” they all looked at me but I kept looking at Chanwoo.

“Didn’t I tell you that he is busy?”

“But I want to appa.” He started to cry and you looked down. Why did he have to mention about Kris right now? I’m not ready to reveal it yet.

“What is he talking about?” the others started to question me. “Who is this appa? Someone stayed with you?”

“Come here.” he walked to me and I hugged him. “He will come back soon.” you whispered for him to hear and comforted him.

“I want to play train with appa. Chanwoo won’t open until appa comes back.” he said as I wiped his tears away. He picked up his toy and ran into his room leaving me alone to face the music.

“Rin, is there something you want to tell us?” I took a deep breathe before facing them. They looked at me expectantly, they were waiting for an answer.

“I-I remember. Everything.” they just sat in silence.

“Everything?” oppa spoke first and I nodded.

“Everything.” I was really nervous. What will their reactions be? What will oppa do? “D-do you remember when I told you why I couldn’t feel?” they nodded. “I could feel again because I was with Chanwoo, he helped me. But for me to get them back with these few days, it’s the same way as to how I lost them.” my voice trailed off towards the end.

“Wait. So you are saying that you regained your emotions because….no!” oppa exclaimed and I just looked at him. “He found you?” I didn’t answer him but looked down.

“Rin, answer me! He found you and YOU LET HIM STAY HERE?” oppa raised his voice and I closed my eyes.

“Yes.” I whispered.

“Where is he?” oppa shouted and stood up. “WHERE IS HE?”

“He’s gone.”

“What? You let him stay and he left just like that?” I looked at oppa, and he was fuming mad.

“I can explain-“

“How COULD you? Don’t you know HOW MUCH he made you suffer? How could you let him STAY WITH YOU?”

“Oppa, I didn’t know.” tears fell and your lips quivered. “At first I didn’t know who he was. I couldn’t just let him go like that not after he saved me.”

“Saved you?” his eyes widened. “What happened? Are you okay?” he reached out to me.

“I really didn’t know who he was. I just wanted to thank him for his help. He was nice to me, Chanwoo stuck to him like glue and he helped me a lot. I had my relapse and he helped me, he didn’t leave me alone even after I took my meds. A few days ago, I had a dream and it was horrible, I woke up remembering everything. Everything including him.” I paused to take in a shaky breathe.

“I wanted him to leave, it hurts so badly but another part of me didn’t want him to go. He made me fall for him twice. I couldn’t let him go.” Oppa slumped down next to me as I cried.

“Why? Why Rin why?” oppa cried out.

“I love him. I love him so much I couldn’t let him go. Not after what he told me.”

“He made you go through all that pain!’

“He was in pain too. These 2 years, he didn’t forget about me. He was in pain too, he couldn’t sleep, and he couldn’t focus on anything because I was on his mind all the time. He said he almost went crazy. He isn’t the only one having a hard time. Jongdae, Kai and Lay my brother, they were weren’t doing well. My brother, he collapsed a few times because of me. I wasn’t the only one suffering, they were suffering along with me!” you looked at oppa. “He broke down in front of me, he cried his eyes out while telling me things I should have known, his thoughts. How can I let him go when I know how he feels the same way for me?”

“I love him oppa, I really do. I don’t think I can let him go again. It hurts too much, it will hurt the both of us.”

“Then where is he? Where is he now?”

“He has to settle something, Xue went missing.”

“Xue? That girl? He still cares for her?”

“As a sister yes, but he doesn’t see her as a woman. He is going to find her and break off the wedding. He doesn’t want to be with her.”

“Wedding?”

“He was forced by her parents. He doesn’t want to marry her. He tried to back out but they kept moving the date forward. He couldn’t do anything, they wouldn’t listen to him. He promise that he will come back. Oppa, please. I want to be with him.” I held unto his hand. “That’s all I want. I won’t ask for more. Just to be with him, that’s it.” I begged him as tears flowed uncontrollably. “That hole and emptiness, only he can fill it up.” I whispered as I kneeled down.Tears flowed down continously and he bend down next to me. He held my arm gently. 

“Rin. Are you happy?” he was crying as well. “Will you be happy?” not trusting your voice, you nodded vigorously.

“Are you sure?”

“He makes me happy.” Oppa closed his eyes and sighed. I looked down and cried softly, I don’t know what to expect. I know that he is worried for me, he did see me die before him. He knows what I went through when I was with them. I knows that he cares for me but it’s just as a sister. No brother would want to send their sister back to someone who hurt them, no one. Then his arms wrapped around me and gave me a hug.

“If it makes you happy, okay.” He whispered and you looked at him. He smiled. “I give you my “blessing. But if he ever makes you cry, I will not stand by and do nothing.”

“Oppa…”

“As long as you are happy. That’s all that matters.” You wrapped your arms around him tightly. Relief washed upon you and the burden on your shoulders was lifted. I felt stronger. I can now face whatever situation that comes at me. Even if it means I have to receive hurt and pain again, I know that I will always have someone to back me up and catch me when I’m falling.

Always.

“Thank you, thank you so much.”

After all the obstacles, we have a chance again. Now the only thing left to settle is the wedding before I can finally be with him.

 

~~~~~~`````~~~~~~

 

 

I'm super duper sorry for the long wait! The past two weeks were horrible, but I've cleared most of the big project reports, so I have more time to update and write. I didn't have time to write the last two weeks, the word doc will be open but I couldn't write anything:(. My apologies and a big thank you for staying with me. I know that waiting for a chapter to come out isn't very fun. Anyway, I'm finishing up the last two chapters or so. It might be a bit sad but then again, good things happen to good people:) I hope you enjoy this chapter! 

3/2/15

Random: Kris was here! Last week I think. Those fans that manage to see him are so lucky. He came when I was having hell week...I'm so sad, but hopefully he will come back again!