Chapter 41

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


-1 week later-

 

I went back to my house, hoping to clear the things up. But when I opened a drawer, I noticed a small paper in it.

I held it up.

The handwriting seemed rushed, but still legible.

Min-ah,

If you're seeing this... that means I'm no longer in this world anymore. There is always a time where a sacrifice is needed. My father had taught me this spell, but it is one of the most powerful and dangerous spell I have come acrossed. Ever since I learned about it, I tried to erase every though about it, but I can't deny knowing such a spell exists. This spell.. is able to strip away one's magic, without killing anyone. The process is painful and really powerful. No spell can block it, but the person that does the spell will have to give his life up. Don't be sad when you read this. Because I know what I'm doing, and whatever I'm doing is for the greater good. This is the most effective way, and if there is no other way, I have to do this.

Love,
Your halabeoji

 

The paper trembled in my hands as I cried.

Ever since Seung Gi's death, all I did all day was just cry.

And next week, it would be graduation day.

I couldn't imagine graduation without Seung Gi.

I couldn't imagine life without Seung Gi.

I went to the garden where we'd had our wedding. Just a few days ago, he had been there, kissing me tenderly.

Just a few days ago, he had been there, talking to me.

I burst into tears once again.

 

 

 

There was a series of rapping on my door. All week, I'd shunt everyone out, wanting to be alone.

I didn't know what to do now that Seung Gi was gone.

It was all so sudden. Even though we had a heads up on when he would die, there still wasn't enough time.

I slowly got up, and opened the door to someone whom didn't expect.

"Hi," Hyun-bin said awkwardly, giving me a small wave.

I nodded, and he came in.

"So... I've been thinking." Hyun-bin started. "And I realised that all along.. I was just a coward. I was just running away from the truth, afraid to face it. But now I understand that it's best to embrace the future, instead of harping on the past. Because no matter what I do, the truth will always remain the same, and now I'm ready to face the truth. And.. it's good to know that my parents are still alive soemwhere, and that I have you, Min-ah."

I smiled, and hugged him. "Thank you... oppa."

But, I wished the person I was hugging right now wasn't Hyun-bin, but Seung Gi.

I miss you so much, Seung Gi.

 

-

 

Jong-suk came back from work, grabbing a cup of water.

Now that Seung Gi... was gone, and Min-ah wanted to be alone in her house, he and Hyo Joo were the only ones left in the house.

Min-ah had packed his things for the funeral, and Hyo Joo was just tidying up his room.

Placing an arm on the door, Jong-suk watched at her. "I shouldn't have scolded him..." She muttered, hugging the bedsheet. "I miss him now.."

"We all do," Jong-suk said.

Hyo Joo looked up at him, and nodded. "Jong-suk.." She said, getting up. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't realise that you liked me, and... I really really hope we could still be friends."

Jong-suk looked at her hard for a long moment. "Just.. friends?"

"I... You must be really sad that I wasn't like you wanted me to be. I-"

But before she could continue, Jong-suk pushed her against a wall. He placed both hands on the wall, trapping her. "You.. just need to be you," He said, before pulling her in for a kiss.

He could almost feel her smile as he kissed her harder.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter