Chapter 29

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The plane ride to the countryside was a long journey, and we finally alighted. Probably because Ha-nuel is sitting beside Min-ah and I just can't stop think about it.

I stepped out, breathing in the fresh(okay, not so, since the air in dustier) air. Although it was almost a year, it felt like it was too long ago that I boarded the plane to Seoul. The new life that I was supposed to have.

Ha-nuel bumped into my unmoving stature. "Yah, what are you doing? Move your ," Ha-nuel grunted.

"The thing is, where the hell do we to find the Higher ups? It's not like they would appear out of nowhere, right?" Minho voiced out.

 

But, it did. Suddenly, there was a bloodcurdling scream somewhere towards our left, and people were running in different directions. Everywhere was a chaos.

"What are you guys doing? Run! The huge wolf is headed in this direction. It's gona kill you!" A man shouted as he ran, motioning us forward.

I turned. There it was, standing on two feet, its front feet held up high, ready to strike. It had the most terrifying and chilling gaze ever. It moved its head a little, and caught my gaze. For a fleeting moment, I felt calm, and at peace. Safe. Suddenly, I felt a pang of sadness, and as I looked deep in its eyes, I almost felt... sorrow, for the creature.

But then the feeling passed, and it came down on all fours, claws screeching as it scratched the ground. It growled, baring its teeth.

I gulped, but ignored my fear. Somehow, I felt like it wanted help, it needed help. I slowly made my way towards it. It snorted, taking me in. It looked way bigger than a normal wolf, or even a werewolf.

I wanted to show that I could help it.

But then, all too suddenly, Ha-nuel shot an arrow in its arm. It growled, purple blood oozing out. Then, everything happened so fast.

The wolf lunged at Ha-nuel, and sank its huge teeth in his leg. Ha-nuel could only scream out in agony as we watched, terrified.

Min-ah grabbed the bow and shot another arrow in the creature's hind legs.

It whined a little, but didn't let go. It dragged Ha-nuel across the ground, and swung him around in the air. His limp arms flew across the sky, his face twisted in agony.

Minho and halabeoji quickly set to work, Hyo Joo and Jong-suk helping to set the candles in a straight line in front of them. They started chanting.

Only I was left standing there, not knowing what to do. I knew that it was a danger to us, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for it. I just couldn't bear to hurt it.

I held onto the bow Jong-suk had tossed to me, my palms starting to sweat. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just can't lift the freaking bow up! I've gone mad. Why am I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter