Chapter 25

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


It felt like forever, and I hoped it would be. I wished I could stay like that in Min-ah's arms forever.

Finally, Min-ah pulled away, smiling at me dreamily. "Seung Gi -ah... I'm not dreaming, am I? You said you love me," She grinned.

I felt my heart thumming hard against my chest. "W-well.. that... I was just...caught up in the moment. I didn't want you to go there, that's all," I scratched my head uneasily.

Min-ah frowned. "Yah, you said you love me, then you said you don't. Do you love me, or not? Either way.. I'm still going back to the countryside. You can wait for me, right?"

"Bwo?! Yah. You can't. Andwae. The place where you used to live at... is in destruction. The higher ups are killing everyone in their way. You can't go there, not now."

"Ara. But thanks for your concern," She smiled.

"Ara?? If you know, why are you still going there? Michyeosso? It's too dangerous."

Min-ah looked down at our tangled hands. "I have to go. I need to find my parents. It's the only way."

"Ani. I'm not letting you go there. Jeoldae andwae. You might just get killed. I know you're their daughter and all, and that they might trust you with the deal they made with your parents, but it's too dangerous. My friend.. she died there. I won't let the same thing happen to you. I'll tie you up, anything. Just so you won't go there," I said, determined.

Min-ah looked up at me and pondered for a moment. A smile spread across her face. "Okay. I won't go. You're so cute when you're concerned about me," She beamed. "But you have to admit that you love me."

I looked away. Well... Saranghae.

Min-ah gave a naughty smile and let go of my hands. "What did you say? I didn't hear you."

I cleared my throat and faced her. "Sa. Rang. Hae."

Min-ah's face lit up. Grinning madly, she gave me a tight hug. "Nado! Nado neomu neumo joha!"


I smiled, sniffing in her scent. But there was something weird about it. She didn't smell like strawberries.

"Min-ah... did you change perfume? You smell different."

She nodded. "Yep. You said you hated strawberry, so I changed shampoo."

So that was it. That time I followed her, she had gone to the supermarket to get a new shampoo.

I smiled and patted her head. "Ani. I didn't like strawberry before, but now I do. So change back to the strawberry shampoo, okay?"

"Jinjja? Okay!" She smiled.

Just then they heard a low cough behind them. "Oh! Halabeoji!" Min-ah gasped in realisation.

"You rascals.. leaving me alone..." Min-ah's grandpa grumbled as we laughed.

 

We slowly made our way back, hand in hand, halabeoji grunting as we strolled.

"Oh. I have something for you, too! Chagakmanyo~" She chirped when we reached her house. She went inside for a moment, and a second later she was back out, carrying a small black box. It was so useful to have a fast moving girlfriend.

"Here," Min-ah grinned up at me, holdding the box out. "It's your birthday present. Happy belated birthday!"

"Eo-eottoke... how did you know about my birthday?"

"I looked it up in the school office," She lowered her head. "I wanted to give it to you, but you rejected me. I was really sad."

"Well, now that I have accepted you, I shall accept your gift too," I said, hoping to lift up the atmosphere.

I opened it, and in it was a shiny black watch. I don't know much about watches, but it was a Rolex brand, and had the initials L.S.G on the back. It sure do looked expensive. "I love it!" I said in awe. "My girlfriend has such great tastse. Here, help me put it on," I held out the watch. "But, when is your birthday? I can't believe I don't know your birthday when you know mine. I'm such a bad boyfriend."

Min-ah beamed at me, clutching onto the watch. "Your girlfriend? I'm really Seung Gi's girlfriend??"

"Why? Shilheo? Ah, molla! My girlfriend doesn't want me.." I pouted, taking the watch.

"Ani, ani!!" Min-ah snatched the watch back, and clicked the watch into my wrist. "Well... it's 13 May," She smiled. "You're not a bad boyfriend, you're just a reaaally stubborn one."

"Yah," I pouted.

"You accepting this watch, and wearing it, means that you're mine now," She grinned. "From now on, Lee Seung Gi is officially Shin Min-ah's boyfriend!" She hooked her arm around mine, and tiptoed to kiss my cheek.

 

 

 

The next day we went to school, hand in hand. I didn't realise how clingy my girlfriend could get! She had gotten to my house early to walk me to school.

"Shin Min-ah. My girlfriend," I said, tasting the words in my mouth, and liking it. I smiled. "Shin Min-ah! My girlfriend!" I said out loud.

"Yah!" Min-ah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter