Chapter 23

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v0rQ0A3Ukk

JungYup: Why did you come now

Seung Gi's POV

 

A werewolf's most powerful moment is during the night of the full moon. An unbearable amount of energy would surge through you, and you would feel refreshed and more alive, but also a little... exhausting. Like running after having 3 bowls of kimbab.

 

But the worst thing about the full moon.. is that you won't be able to control yourself, or your feelings. Wrecking things and killing would be the best way to fight off the pain, and that's what you would do, even if your brain tells you not to.


At the night of the full moon.. you would be at your strongest, but also your most dangerous.

 


And right now, it's exactly what I'm feeling.

I know it's Min-ah out there, but I couldn't help the terrible urge to tear off her limbs, and enjoy her strangled cry as I torture her. I my lips.

I charged at her just as Jong-suk followed my trail. I slammed my body at Min-ah lightly, a menacing smile forming at my lips at how easy my prey was.

But before I could go any further, I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I snarled, hearing another growl beside me. Hyo Joo was shot too.

"Stupid werewolves.." I heard someone mutter.

My head snapped up, my eyes focusing on four figures. One, I recognised as Ha-nuel. I turned my body and tugged on the arrow that was implanted in my body. I growled as it came off.

I looked up and frowned, but then my lips in anticipation. Their strong scent mixed in the air. More prey.

I stayed rooted on all fours above Min-ah. That stupid Ha-nuel was the one that shot me. I'll rip him apart! Make him regret ever being born!

I threw myself at him, my jaw snapping just above his head. He tried to pry my weight off him, but I pressed my paw hard against his chest.

I bent down to bite his arm, not noticing he had his fangs extended, about to sink his teeth into my fur.

Suddenly, I felt a hard shove, and before I knew it, I was flung to my left.

I got up, astonished to see Min-ah standing before me, facing Ha-nuel, arms spread. "Don't," She whispered. "Hajima!" She cried.

"Min-ah! What are you doing? Why are you protecting him? You're being bewitched by him. You've got to stop it! Min-ah! He's our enemy! He just tried to kill you," Ha-nuel growled.

Min-ah looked up at him with her tear-streaked eyes. "Because I let him. Ha-nuel. Jebal, Ka! Ka.."

I remained rooted to the ground, my head lowered. What did she just say? Why would she protect me? Why.. would she protect me, when I just tried to rip her apart?

I looked up at the thin, ragged figure before me.

He's weak! He's so weak, I can kill him with just one bite. And that's why I need to protect him.

 

Even though we're different... can you like me?

I felt my legs tremble as my chest ached.

"You're going to spoil the piano like that," Min-ah's voice shot me straight up, and I ran to hide behind the piano.

Min-ah swirled around, her hair sprawled across her face as she did so. "That, is what you call music."

 

"And then they kissed." My eyes widened. And then Min-ah's soft lips pressed against mine.

 

My eyes flung open as I saw Min-ah trying to fight Ha-nuel. I tried to fight the urge to lunge myself at Min-ah.

Then I remembered what I had said to Min-ah. You said you hated your parents for lying to you, but you would be no different if you killed a life.

My mother had told me that before, but I didn't believe in that anymore after they got killed.

But now... I could see that it was true. If I were to attack them, wouldn't it be like the last time, when the vampire attacked me and my parents? They were innocent. Like I was innocent.

I would be like the vampire.


Then I heard a voice as soft as a passing wind. Seung Gi... don't do it. It wouldn't be what I want.

I turned around desperately. Omma? Omma, eodiya! Omma!


I grit my teeth and slammed myself against a tree. I banged against it a few more times, and it fell onto the ground with a loud thump, sending clouds of dust in its wake.

I growled, calling for my mother desperately. Omma! Please save me! Save me...

 

 


I awoke, groaning as I felt my body in pain.

I got up, only to realise I was in the forest. Leaves stuck to my face and arms, but I didn't bother to swipe them off.

I looked around me. Hyo Joo and Jong-suk were sprawled on the wet grass, next to me.

I squinted my eyes. Min-ah was chatting softly with Ha-neul and another girl younger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter