Chapter 2

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was a loud hiss as the train halted to a stop. The train doors opened and I lounged out the carriage.

"All right, here we are" Hyo Joo grinned.

 I looked at the huge plane before me. My father had promised me that we could take the plane back after the trip.

We didn't have enough money to take a plane to reach our destination, so we had to take days of train there.

My felt my eyes water as memories rushed back.

He had promised to take me on an airplane. But now he was gone. I know, i was going on one soon, like 5 seconds later, but this is different. Dad.. isn't around anymore. He isn't taking the airplane with me.

Then I remebered what Hyo Joo had told me 3 years ago. That a man like me shouldn't cry, as it will only show my weakness. I fought my tears, and nodded solemnly.

I had promised Hyo Joo not to cry so easily anymore, and I will keep that promise. No, not to cry ever again. No matter how bad things are, i promised myself to never cry again.

 

 

As I boarded the plane, I was told to sit at the far end of the plane. "There's no other seats, so you sit there," I heard Hyo Joo tell Jong-suk. He sighed and complained abit, then reluctantly made his way to the seat.

I looked to the ground. It only seemed that Hyo Joo was fine with me, while the rest seemed unhappy when i was around. I glanced at Jong-suk's annoyed face. Maybe.. no, I was imposing on them.

Suddenly, I felt a pang of guilt. All this time here, I had been doing nothing, only burdening them. They had given me shelter, and done everything they could for me. And i had done nothing for them. "Hey," I said, grabbing Jong-suk's arm.

He frowned and stopped. "Don't you hey me-"

"I'll sit over there," I told him, walking to the far end of the plane and plopping down on my sit. From now on, I decided, I will not take their care for granted, and I will not let them think that I'm a burden. That them choosing to care for me is the right choice. I didn't realize that i was subconsciously nodding all the way.

"Owhkay..." Jong-suk quickly ran to sit beside Hyo Joo before I could change my mind.

Hyo Joo got up and over to my sit. "Yah, are you sure? Or do you want to sit with Jong-suk over there?"

"No, it's fine, thanks."

Hyo Joo frowned at my polite behaviour, but waved it off and went back to her seat.

That was when I realized there was a small TV on the seat infront of me. My eyes widened. Holy crap! No way! This is just way too awesome.

I caressed the sides of the mini TV, not realizing that the person next to me was looking at me wierdly.

I pulled my hand away and pressed the on button. I fumbled for the headphone, not realizing my finger had pressed a button on my seat. And then i was falling back, back, back..

I blinked in surprise, but managed a grin. This.. is so awesome!

I tried moving the seat up, then down, then up again. It was more awesome than anything I've ever seen!

There was a soft cough coming from behind me, but i ignored it. Then i felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned. "Ahem! I'm trying to watch a show over here, can you not move the chair?" The girl that tapped my shoulder said.

My cheeks reddened. "Umm... ok..sorry, I was just testing out the chair.." I lift the seat back up.

Then i realized it was more comfortable with the seat back down, so i moved it down. I heard the girl grunt, but I ignored it and started trying out the remote controller.

I settled down to a movie that caught my attention, called The Croods. But I was soon interrupted by a tap on my shoulder.

"Do you mind moving your seat up? 'Cause it's really hard to watch like that." The girl complained.

"Then move your seat behind," I told her, my eyes and mind both focused on the show.

"It's uncomfortable," She said. I sighed. Gosh, lying down is uncomfortable? "It's hard to see the show like that." She answered my thoughts. Oh, then why do I find it so comfortable- "The seat infront of you isn't down, that's why it's easy for you to see." I frowned, and for a moment I wondered if she could read minds.

"Look I find it uncomfortable so you just deal with it," I said rudely, trying to concentrate on my movie.

She sighed, and it was only then that i realized her hand was still on my shoulder. I shoved it away roughly, and to my relief, she lay back down on her seat and stopped pestering me.

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter