Chapter 26

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 http://youtu.be/iOBN4Vi-3Eg

JaeSuk: Only you can hear

 

 

Min-ah's POV

 

I returned home, one hand hugging dooly's yuh-chin tightly, the other clasped around my necklace. I smiled brightly. Being loved back was really such a blissful thing.

I went to my room, surprised to see halabeoji sitting up on my bed. "It's wrong. It's just wrong..." He muttered.

"What's wrong?" I wondered.

"Your parents killed his parents. If he knows, do you think he'll be showering you with so much love?" He gestured to the things Seung Gi had given me.

I lowered my head. "A..ani. But if I don't tell him, and you don't, he won't know. He doesn't need to know," I looked at halabeoji desperately, but he just shook his head.

"Yes, lies might be comforting, but the truth is always more comforting than a lie, even if the truth might hurt. If you lie... you need 100 more lies to cover it. Would you like your relationship to be covered in lies?" Halabeoji grunted.

I bit my lip, my heart sinking in realisation. "I'm just like my mom, aren't I. Even if we're happy together... it would all just be a lie. It's selfish of me, isn't it? Just so I will be happy, Seung Gi will have to live his life as a lie."

 

 


I stood infront of his house, hiding in the trees. The light was on, and I could see him watching television with Hyo Joo and Jong-suk, laughing happily.

A tear fell as I watched them. I could be like them, having a good time with Seung Gi, but it wouldn't be real. "Seung Gi... if you know that my parents killed your parents.. you'll hate me even more, right? Mianhae, Seung Gi. Sorry for keeping that from you," I whispered.

Just then, the door swung open as Seung Gi took out the trash. He caught sight of me, and waved. I forced a smile back.

He jogged over to me, but stopped when he realised that I had been crying. He noticed the luggage I was carrying.

"Yah. Wae? What happened? Why are you carrying so many things?" Then his eyes widened. "Did.. did halabeoji die?? Do you.. do you want to shift in with me?"

I managed a weak smile. "Ani."

He sighed in relief. "Then what's the occasion? Are you that happy to see me that you're crying?" He teased.

My eyes stung and my cheeks became hotter at that. I wished everything was that simple. "Seung Gi ah..." I started, but found myself unable to speak. How was I to tell him that my parents were the ones to kill his parents? "Mianhae!" I sobbed. I think it would be better if halabeoji were the one to say it.

I turned, but Seung Gi caught my arm. "Yah. Are you leaving? Wae? If you don't tell me, how am I to help you?"

My face became wet with tears, and I started hiccuping. Still facing away, I finally confessed. In my thoughts.

I'm sorry, Seung Gi. You'll hate me, but it's better to know the truth. We were never meant to be anyway. I'm so stupid to think it would actually work out. I'm sorry. Myy parents, they .. they were the ones that killed your parents.

 

There was a moment of silence as Seung Gi processed it. Then, he let go of my hand. I felt my heart break at that moment. Seung Gi must be so mad, right now.

 

I slowly walked away, and entered the taxi that was waiting for us, halabeoji following behind.

 

But even though i walked away, even though I knew it was wro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter