Chapter 30

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I don't know how I'm here now. I just hugged onto Min-ah tightly, glad that she was still alive and breathing.

I pressed my chest against her shoulder. "Are you sure you're okay? It shot through your heart," I asked for the umpteenth time.

"I'm fine. Like I said, only a stake through the heart will kill a vampire. An arrow won't kill me. I promise."

I sighed in relief at her words, but shot up. "Why are you saying that out loud? Now Jong-suk and Hyo Joo know how to kill you."

"Now you're being ridiculous," Jong-suk huffed. "But you're right."

Hyo Joo rolled her eyes. "We already knew that long ago. And don't worry. She is different. I see that now." She smiled.

I looked from Hyo Joo to Min-ah, still uncertain. "All right. But tell me again. I don't really get it. And what the heck is sired?"

"Well, that wolf, Suzy... you're right about her," Min-ah started, but I cut her.

"Wait, she? That wolf is a female?"

"Well, yea. Why are you so surprised? Aren't there female werewolves? Is Hyo Joo not a werewolf?"

"I mean, well... she just... nevermind."

"Well, Suzy couldn't help herself. She could only follow her orders. She is sired to a Higher Up, apparently. I heard all that when she charged at me. I guess you really could look through a person, Seung Gi. I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

I shrugged teasingly. "Yea, well... who knew I had such a talent?"

Min-ah rolled her eyes. "Since a Higher Up created her, she has to listen to whatever he says. It's a little like compulsion, I guess. But it's kinda like they're doing it out of greatfulness. You know, like towards a parent."

I frowned. "Okay, this doesn't make sense. If she's sired... then why aren't I sired to Hyo Joo, since she turned me?"

All eyes the said name.

"I don't know, maybe it doesn't work on everyone?" Min-ah shrugged.

There was a loud bang against the wall. We had locked Suzy and two of her wolf friends in there so they couldn't attack us, as they were instructed.

Suzy had said that the Higher Up had told her to find us and attack us, no matter what it takes.

And she couldn't do anything about it unless she got us and did as told.

"Eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter