Chapter 31

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyo Joo held my face with both hands. "Seung Gi..." She whispered, tears glistening in her eyes. "I've never asked you for anything, but... I wish you could fufill this one wish that I have. It's all that I'll ever ask from you. Seung Gi... please love me. Don't let Min-ah be your weakness, let me be your weakness. Love me."

 

I gulped, eyes widening. I didn't know what to do. Suddenly, I felt like the person I loved was Hyo Joo. Just like she said. Even though my head kept telling myself that I loved Min-ah, I couldn't help but pull Hyo Joo into an embrace and kiss her.

 

 

 

Min-ah's POV

 

I pressed my lips together as I felt that Seung Gi was acting different. He seemed to be ignoring me, and seemed to care more about Hyo Joo.

I mean, hey. I'm not jealous-- okay maybe I am. The fact that Seung Gi seemed more distant got to me.


I got past the kitchen, hearing Hyo Joo and Seung Gi laughing together as they made breakfast.

"Do you need any help?" I offered, but Seung Gi barely glanced at me. "Nah. You don't know how to cook. And I cook really well. Here," He said, flipping the egg. "This is how u do it. Now wrap meat in it," He told Hyo Joo.

Hyo Joo took the pan and tried to flip it, but she missed and it dropped onto the floor. "Yeesh, that's not how you do it," Seung Gi said, picking up the egg. "Eat it."

"What?? No way," Hyo Joo laughed, Seung Gi grinning broadly. "Mani Bogo! You dropped it, so you eat it."

"Ani!!" Hyo Joo shoved his hand away, and they started laughing like I wasn't even there.

I huffed my cheeks and turned away. Gosh. Am I being paranoid? They're just cooking, I repeated to myself.

I stopped at the door to where Suzy and her wolf friends were locked at. There's no sound.

I slowly turned the lock. Suzy lay sprawled on the ground, her hair all over her face, with two other girls at her feet.

"Hey, you," I whispered, shaking Suzy lightly. She rubbed her eyes, and looked up at me. Then she gasped. "I'm sorry. I have to bring you there," She gritted her teeth, and balled her fists. She was panting hard, like it was really hard not to hurt me. I didn't realise I just let her read my thoughts.

"It is hard. You don't know how much I want to tear your limbs apart, and.. and... I can't.." She shut her eyes tight.

"Hey, hey, I'm sorry. But where's there? You have to tell me where the Higher Ups are so we can stop them."

She shook her head. "I can't.. I can't tell you that. He said to torture you guys, and just bring you guys there alive. But I can't... I can't tell you where."

"Why not?"

"Otherwise they'll make me kill my friends and myself. Please," Suzy begged. "Get out. I don't want to hurt you."

 

-

 

"So I guess the only way to let them bring us there ourselves," Minho said.

"And to let them hurt us," Jong-suk added. "Is there no other way to find out where the Higher Ups are?"

"I don't think so. But what is the Higher Ups really up to? Why don't they just come here and kill us?" I wondered.

"You really have a death wish, don't you.." Jong-suk muttered.

"Of course not. It's just well... I'm just wondering."

"Just be grateful they didn't kill us already," Jong-suk groaned. He placed his hands over his face before getting up, dragging Hyo Joo behind him. "I need to talk to you," He told her.

 

 

 

Seung Gi's POV

 

I pretended to be washing the dishes, but I was in fact listening in on Hyo Joo and Jong-suk's conversatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter