Chapter 28

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I glanced at Min-ah as Hyun-bin took a sip of coffee. "What are you waiting for? Do it. Or is that power just a lie?"

Min-ah sighed. "Look. You need to think properly about it. It isn't just like forgetting to pee or something, it's more important than that."

"It's not that important for me to have to remember about it."

"Yea, but... what if one day you find out you regret forgetting it? What if you want it back? It'll all just be too overwhelming for you."

"Listen. Whichever choice I make, I'll surely regret it. And this is my choice. Even if I'll regret this choice.. at least I know, for one moment, I wanted it. And I'll know I'll regret it 1% less than if I make the opposite choice. So, please."

Min-ah looked at him carefully for a moment, and nodded. "If that's what you really want," She said, holding his head, and staring straight into his eye.

 

 

 

Hyo Joo and Jong-suk went back home to clean up the mess, while I decided to help Min-ah out, (Much to their displease) but I went anyway.

"Do you think he'll be okay alone?" Min-ah asked as I cleaned the kitchen tops.

"Who? Hyun-bin? Well, he has 'gotten over' his mother's death."

"Yea, well, 'gotten over'."

"Honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't have done that. Even if someone I loved died, I wouldn't have had someone make me forget it, no matter how painful or hard it might be. I would rather have kept the memories, and wallowed in pain than forget it," I said.

I paused for a moment, remembering something. "But, it was the higher ups, wasn't it?"

Min-ah nodded. "The words, and then Hyun-bin's mom. I just don't get it. Why don't they just kill us? And why the countryside? Why are they.. well, threatening us? If they want to scare us.. well, they really got me. I'm really freaked out."

But then she lowered her head. "Come to think of it, I really don't want to find out. I don't want to know what my parent's done, but no matter how much I avoid it... they're still my parents." She sniffed, hoping to hide her face.

"Hey, hey, are you okay?" I said, lifting her head up a little.

"I'm sorry, Seung Gi. Everytime you look at me... you must feel so angry. I just remind you of what happened to your parents. Even if she has done some horrible and hateful things to the point I can't believe she's my mom... she's still my mom, and it concerns me."

I shook my head. "Ani. She's your mother, but you're you. Everytime I look at you... I smile. You're Min-ah, and that's all that matters. You can't be blamed for what your mom or others have done. It's not your fault this happened."

Min-ah slowly nodded, but she went to grab her jacket. "I know. But I don't want you to force yourself just because you like me. I don't want you to worry about me, but to argue and hate my mom. Because she deserves it."


Then, she took something out from the pocket of the jacket. It was a few crumpled and old pieces of paper. "This.. is the paper we found at our old house. We only found it hidden recently, and I can't believe they betrayed us."

I took the paper carefully, afraid that it would fall apart in my touch.


Dearest father,

F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter