Chapter 24

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://youtu.be/q0aZAP08y6w

SunHee: Fox Rain

 

 

"Seung Gi... I didn't tell you, but the countryside... is in destruction. The higher ups are going to destroy the place, and every one in his way," Hyo Joo said.

 

I gulped. "And.. Gyu Ri died?" I gasped.

Hyo Joo slowly nodded. "We knew they were going to attack the place, so I got us to Seoul. Hyun-jae and Gyu ri stayed to stop it, but they failed."

"What was that, then? The writing that Hyun-jae was finding?"

"That.. it was nothing important. It's nothing."

"It's not nothing," I insisted.

"Just.. well... your father was a great scientist."

"I know that," I snapped.

"He made some great findings, so Hyun-jae wanted to find them before they got destroyed along with the place," Hyo Joo said. "Seung Gi.. sorry. Sorry for keeping so much from you."

I shook my head. "But.. how could Hyun-jae and Gyu ri stay?? Didn't they know how dangerous it was?"

"Yea. There was still quite awhile before the attack, but they attacked earlier, so they didn't have time to leave. Hyun-jae.. and Gyu ri.. were captured. The higher ups caught them, and tortured them. Some werewolves managed to save them, but only Hyun-jae survived."

I remained rooted to the ground in horror.


"I'm sorry.. Seung Gi," I heard Hyun-Jae speak through the phone.

"We... your dad...experimented on vampires. He invented some vaccine that can change a vampire to a human. But, he had to torture vampires to finally invent such a vaccine, and some died. I guess we angered some vampires, and so.. one killed him."

I shook my head. "But... why would you keep that from me? If dad is trying to help the vampires, why would you hide it from me?"


"We didn't want you to think him as a lunatic. He was doing it to save us, and yourselves."

"Maybe dad should have left you guys alone. If he wasn't trying to save you, he wouldn't have been killed!" I ran out of the room.


"Seung Gi!" Hyo Joo cried after me.

If only I've stayed. If only I'd listened in on their conversation for just abit. I would've known the truth.

"Leave him be," Hyun Jae said after I'd left. "It'd be better to let him think that way, than let him know the truth."


-

The next day, I went to school, still in shock. If Min-ah.. had just listened to me... if she went to the countryside... she could have died.

I sighed in relief, searching the hallways for her, but she was nowhere.


I rapped countless times on Min-ah's door. I didn't know why I came to see her when she just didn't turn up, but I just felt like I needed to see her.

I stood there for about 15 minutes, and I finally lost my patience. I peeked in through the windows, but it was too dark to see through.

It was deathly quiet. I frowned. Were they not home?

I used all my strength and slammed against the door. I flew in just as the door swung open, crashing into the wall.

"," I muttered when I realised I had broken some parts of the wall.

I got up and explored house, but it was empty. "Min-ah? Halabeoji?" I called, expecting no reply. There was none.

I went into one of the rooms, noticing some clothes astray on the floor. Panicking, I opened the cabinet. Oh, no. There were no clothes there, only empty hangers hanging there. And there was nothing in the drawers. Nothing of value, in the least.

"Min-ah," I breathed, panicking. Did she leave? If she left, there was only one other place she would go to. And that was her old house. And it was in destruction!

I ran out of the house, bumping into three people. A bussinessman was talking with two other people.

"Oh? I'm sorry sir, but this place is only allowed for guests," The man said when he saw me.

"Guests? What about the people that lived here?" I asked, dreading the answer. I could already guess what he was going to say.

"They have planned to sell this place. Have you come here, not knowing?" He asked.

I felt my heart sink. No. No!

"Did.. she say where she was going? When did she leave?"

"I'm not sure. But they did say something about never returning. She just left when we arrived. She went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter