Chapter 20

Game Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Are you sure? You won it," Jong suk asked me.

I nodded. "Just take it. It's a waste if I throw it away. I don't like strawberry anyway, and neither does Hyo Joo."

"Oh, yea. That's true. I'll use it tomorrow then," He waved the coupon infront of me, expecting me to take it back.

But I just turned back to doing my things.

-

The next day I hadn't seen Min-ah at all, not even in class. Was she avoiding me to that extreme?

Was she hurt by what I said? Did she not come to school because of that?

I frowned. I didn't really mean it, except for the part where I'm a werewolf, and she's a vampire, but if she's taking it seriously, that's good.

 

The next day, Min-ah was back. I was about to go talk to her, but she was flirting with Ha-neul as usual. Could cousins end up together? They really looked like a couple.

Ever since Ha-neul came, Min-ah was never once without him. Suddenly, I was missing the times when she was with me.

I sighed, sitting at one corner of the hall. A pain in my face snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Stop daydreaming!" The instructor called, grabbing the ball that he hit me with. He looked at my name tag. "Lee Seung Gi..." He looked me up and down. "Go find yourself a partner!"

I got up and made my way to Minho, but he looked at me apologetically. "Sorry dude, I already agreed to be Hyun-woo's partner."

I sighed, not knowing what to do now. I looked up. Min-ah was tossing a ball to Ha-nuel. I never felt more alone. Now that Min-ah had Ha-nuel, and didn't need me anymore, she was going to toss me away?

But it wasn't like she was the one who tossed me away. I was the one who tossed her away. But, even if I had told her to ignore me, how could she literally pretend I don't even exist?

I watched as she counted the number of chin ups Ha-nuel did.

I sighed. Since this class has odd numbers, I guess I was the one without a partner. Guess I have to do it with the instructor.

-

After school ended, I went up to the library, surprised that she was there. I quickly hid behind a pillar.

But then, why was I so afraid she'd see me? I gulped. Right, she's angry with me, so she might kill me any second. It's best to avoid her. I nodded to myself.

I quickly grabbed a random book and sat at a seat far from where she was. I tried to focus on my book, but all I could think about was her sitting there. And how beautiful she was... with her long, black hair curling up at her toes--

 

STOP!

 

Stop, stop! What am I doing?! Why am I thinking about her?

 

Yeesh, just focus on your book, you dimwit.

"Ahem," A cough came from infront of me. I gulped. Did Min-ah find out I was here?

I slowly peeked up.

"You're reading upside down," The boy infront of me said. Right. His voice is deep. He can't be Min-ah. Okay.

I nodded, flipping the book to it's right position. "O-okay."

The boy raised an eyebrow at me before turning away.

That was when I saw it. The cover page was horrible! It was a picture of a vampire, with open, and was she kissing a wolf? Or was she biting it? I couldn't see it clearly, because a moment later a strangled cry escaped my lips and I flung the book away.

The boy that previously talked to me picked the book up, and looked at me weirdly. "Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?"

"I--I.." I gulped.

I grabbed the book from him, and it was of a girl petting her dog. Okay, what? Did I just hallucinate?

I quick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter