India I

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daum:
G-Dragon handcuffed to Taeyeon in recent 101 episode for 24 hours! Viewers wondering how they spent the night.

[201,987 Likes/30,741 Dislikes]
Keep your dirty paws to yourself, Taeyeon. Touch GD oppa and we, VIPs will kill you.

[199,345 Likes/32,589 Dislikes]
Leave Taeyeon out of this, s. You think she wants to be cuffed with that druggie? She's in a loving relationship with Baekhyun so leave her out of it!

[125,947 Likes/2,598 Dislikes]
This explains the “matching bracelets” thing. Thank god they're not a couple.

 

India - Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport   14:45

 

“And, action!”

“Welcome to India, 101 Night members,” Jiyong read aloud from the card in front of the cameras. “Your upcoming missions in India require more teamwork than ever. You will head over to the mission location in teams and we will brief you more when we've reached.”

“Mission location? Where will it be?” Gwangsoo asked curiously.

Taeyeon sighed inwardly and prayed that wherever it was, she just hoped to have a proper bed and bathroom. After storming out of Jiyong's friend's restaurant the previous night, Jiyong became unusually quiet and stayed silent even until they went to bed. He was his usual chipper self again this morning as they packed and proceeded to the airport. It was strange not to have Fany around this time and Taeyeon was starting to miss her already.

“Come on, let's get to our taxi.” Jiyong's voice broke her out of her reverie.

Taeyeon nodded as she wheeled her luggage towards the taxi stand.

After boarding their taxi with their cameraman who was sitting in front, Taeyeon and Jiyong stayed silent as each looked out of their own side of the window, deep in thought. A good half an hour later, Jiyong broke the silence.

“How long more until we reach the location?”

The cameraman turned back, “About close to two more hours.”

“Bwuh?” Both Jiyong and Taeyeon widened their eyes.

“Where are we going?” Taeyeon asked immediately. “Why does it take so long?”

“Oh no, I have a bad feeling about this. The last time the taxi took so long was in Malaysia and we ended up staying in those tatched houses.” Jiyong replied, his voice full of worry.

Jiyong was right. Almost two hours later and a long nap for the two idols, their taxi stopped at a dirt road. As they got out, they found themselves surrounded by trees and... nothing else. The rest of the idols who had also arrived were shocked and confused as the staff simply chuckled to themselves.

“Let's follow this dirt path and we'll reach the location.” One of the staff shouted and everyone followed dutifully.

“Can't believe we still have to walk into this forest!” Krystal grumbled under her breath.

“At least it's warm here in India and we don't have to worry about freezing to death.” Minhyuk said good-naturedly.

“Be careful, everyone! The path is a little slippery due to the rain earlier!” One of the staff shouted in front.

Everyone walked in twos as the trail was small. Jiyong and Taeyeon followed everyone dutifully as they wheeled their luggage along the dirt.

“,” Jiyong muttered. “These shoes are expensive and now they're covered in dirt.”

Taeyeon glanced at his flashy sneakers and was glad she opted for a more practical pair; a pair of converse.

“Why do you even need to wear such shoes anyway?” Taeyeon asked. “We're not on the runway or some fashion event.”

Jiyong looked up, “Do you expect G-Dragon to wear something unfashionable? What will the public say?”

“They would say you're just being smart and practical.” Taeyeon retorted.

“No, they won't.” Jiyong replied. “They'll just say that G-Dragon is losing his fashion sense.”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows, “The public won't be that harsh. It's just shoes.”

Jiyong let out a snort, “You clearly have no idea how many reporters are waiting to write a negative article about me. It's just shoes but you'll see how they can spin something so simple to something about my declining popularity and such.”

Taeyeon let his words sink in as they continued walking and realised he was right. The Korean media is vicious. They would do anything to make money, even coming up with baseless accusations or false reports.

Taeyeon was so deep in her thoughts she did not realise until she felt her foot slip. She gasped and winced, preparing for the fall but it never came as Jiyong had shot out his hand to pull her back up. Taeyeon stumbled into his chest and she quickly stepped back after catching a faint smell of Jiyong's cologne.

“K-Kamsahamnida.” She muttered, her face flushing.

Jiyong laughed and flicked her forehead lightly, “Are you always so clumsy?”

Jiyong walked on, not noticing the sudden redness on Taeyeon's face as she quickly fell into step beside him.

Twenty minutes later, everyone stopped at a clearing in the forest and from where they were standing, they could see a gushing river in the distance. The producer handed a card to Gwangsoo and the lanky man began reading.

“For the following week, this will be the place you will be staying in. Everything from your accommadation to missions will be taking place in this forest.”

“Bwuh?” Haha stared at the producer. “Jinjja?! How can we survive seven days in this forest?!”

The rest of the idols agreed with Haha but the producer merely said with a chuckle, “Continue reading the card, Gwangsoo-ssi.”

And with that Gwangsoo continued, “The chances of surviving in this forest depends on how well you do in each mission. For every mission, the winner gets to pick an item first and so on, and the last team will only get what will be the last item rejected by the other teams.”

Taeyeon looked around the forest in despair. How was she going to survive here without anything with of all people, Kwon Jiyong? All she could was to sigh internally to herself as the cameras were still rolling.

“Now, shall we start the first mission since it will be turning dark soon?” The producer asked.

Everyone nodded and the he continued, “This will be a simple game. See these biscuit sticks? All each team has to do is for each member to bite on one end of the stick and whichever team that gets the shortest stick in the end wins!”

Both Taeyeon and Jiyong's eyes widened as they stare ahead uncomfortably. Without even playing, they already have a bad feeling about their results.

“Can we even do that?” Taeyeon asked jokingly, but the worry in her eyes were evident. “I don't want to get killed by G-Dragon's fans.”

Taeyeon secretly hoped that the producers understand the consequences that she might face after the game. But despite her prayers, the producer merely chuckled and brushed her off.

“I'm sure the public will understand. It's just a game.” The producer said and then handed each team their stick.

Taeyeon watched helplessly as Jiyong accepted the stick and held it up between their faces. Just before the whistle blew, Taeyeon heard him whisper, “Don't worry, just leave it to me.”

Taeyeon was about to ask what he was planning but the shrill whistle interrupted and she bit on to one of the stick. She couldn't help but look away after accidentally staring into Jiyong's eyes. She realised he was much too close and Taeyeon wasn't used to such close proximity.

As expected, Taeyeon froze as she didn't dare move. Millions of thoughts were racing through her mind. Will she get targeted by Jiyong's fans? Will she get into trouble with SM? Will her fans be okay with this? Will Jiyong's girlfriend misunderstand this? And Leeteuk oppa, what will he think of this?

She hadn't notice but Jiyong was suddenly inching his face closer to her, as he slowly chewed on his end of the stick. Taeyeon widened her eyes as Jiyong merely grinned at her cheekily. Is he even aware that two cameras were focusing on them?

“4.3cm from 15cm for Krystal and Minhyuk-ssi!” Taeyeon heard one of the staff announced.

Their own stick was only eaten halfway by Jiyong and Taeyeon was tempted to pull back in defeat. He was much too near! She could almost count the number of eyelashes he has! Taeyeon caught the whiff of his faint cologne again and she hated to admit but he smelled really good when he wasn't drunk or smoking.

As though Jiyong could sense that Taeyeon was about to pull back, he quickly took a huge bite forward much to Taeyeon's surprise and embarrassment as she felt her face heat up.

“Omo, omo! Look at Jiyong advancing towards Taeyeon!” The staff shouted excitedly.

Taeyeon squeezed her eyes shut as she felt Jiyong slowly and torturously nibbling his way forward again. She could now feel his breathing on her cheek and goosebumps started forming on her arms. Deciding that she couldn't take it anymore, Taeyeon let go of her end of the stick and quickly stepped away. She avoided looking at Jiyong as she pretended to be paying attention to the staff instead. The staff took the stick from Jiyong and after measuring he announced.

“3.7cm for Jiyong and Taeyeon! Well done!” The staff declared.

There was a groan from Krystal and Minhyuk and Taeyeon looked up, accidentally catching Jiyong's gaze on her. He gave her a small grin and then lifted his hand up and gestured a V for victory sign to her. Taeyeon raised her eyebrows as she contemplated how she should react. Eventually, Taeyeon mimicked his action and raised a V sign to him too, accompanied with an awkward smile.

Both of them then shifted their attention to Gwangsoo and Haha who were having an extremely hard time. Both men appeared disgusted by this and finally after Haha backed away, their results came up to a surprising 3.3cm making them the winner.

“Congratulations, the winning team can pick their prize first. Here are the prizes.” The staff then brought out four items and laid them out on a table.

There was a tent, two sleeping bags, a camping lantern and a fishing net.

“Fishing net!” Gwangsoo shouted and ran forward to make a grab for the net.

Everyone excluding Haha raise their eyebrows in surprise as the smart choice would be the tent until Gwangoo explained with a grin, “Haha and I have our own sleeping bags. We're already prepared for circumstances like this.”

Taeyeon wished she had thought of getting their own sleeping bags but it was too late so when it was her and Jiyong's turn to pick their prize, they both picked the tent. Krystal and Minhyuk then chose the sleeping bags which left Tiffany and Nichkhun with the outdoor lantern.

The sky was turning dark and everyone quickly arranged their sleeping arrangements. Jiyong and Taeyeon found a grassy spot and decided to settle their tent there. The cameras were not focusing on them at the moment and Taeyeon whispered as she helped Jiyong pitch the tent.

“Are we really going to sleep inside the tent tonight?” She asked uncertainly as Jiyong crouched down to nail a side of the tent onto the ground.

Jiyong looked up at her, “Didn't we pick the tent so we could sleep in it?”

Taeyeon darted a quick look to ensure that no one or any cameras were near them, “Won't the fans react if we're sleeping in the same tent?”

“What's the difference with sleeping in the same hotel room and in that tatched hut?” Jiyong asked as he hammered the stake firmly into the ground without looking up.

Taeyeon fidgeted uncomfortably as she replied, “W-Well, the tent is not exactly big...”

Jiyong looked up and laughed, “Don't worry, I'm sure the fans know nothing is going to happen since we're on the show.”

“I'm not so sure anymore after your stint with the instagram photo.” Taeyeon frowned.

Jiyong merely laughed which only annoyed Taeyeon, “Come on,” he said. “Don't worry, it'll be fine. Hand me the other stake.”

Taeyeon continued frowning at him as she handed him a stake. Why is he so nonchalent about everything? Doesn't he care about his reputation? Big Bang? His company? How irresponsible...

A few minutes later, the cameras came by as the two idols continued pitching their tent in silence. After the cameras moved away to film Haha and Gwangsoo, their tent was finally up and Jiyong took off his shoes and crawled in.

“It's quite spacious actually,” he called out. “Come in, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon folded her arms as she merely stared into the tent skeptically. Spacious? With G-Dragon inside, it didn't look spacious at all. How was she going to sleep in that small space with him?

“Yah,” Jiyong poked his head out. “Don't you want to come in?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “I'm fine. We're supposed to gather by the campfire anyway. Let's go.”

Jiyong emerged from the tent, and together, they walked towards the campfire where everyone was sitting on mats that were laid out on the ground. They took a seat beside Minhyuk and Krystal as the producer handed out a mission card to Minhyuk.

“Dinner will be provided tonight, 101 members,” Minhyuk read aloud. “But only for tonight. Starting from tomorrow morning, everyone of you will have to start working for your meals. Have a good rest everyone, as the real challange starts tomorrow.”

“Ah, good, I was afraid we'll need to work for our dinner tonight. I'm so tired I can barely move.” Haha said.

The staff then passed out tin lunchboxes to everyone and everyone started eating. Taeyeon opened her lunchbox to find rice, kimchi and beef. She dug her chopsticks into the rice and ate in silence. Everyone else, including Jiyong mingled around as they ate.

There was a sudden vibration in Taeyeon's pocket and she put her lunchbox down on the mat quickly fished out her phone. Who could be calling her? Fany? Or her family? But when Taeyeon saw the name flashing on her screen, her heart skipped a beat and she stared at her phone until Jiyong who was sitting cross legged beside her said, “Aren't you going to answer it?”

Taeyeon's eyes flickered over to Jiyong for a second as she gave a brief nod. Standing up, Taeyeon picked up the call and walked away from the noisy crowd.

“Y-Yoboseyo?” She answered the call uncertainly.

“T-Taeng... My Taeyeon...” A drunk voice slurred.

“Jeongsu oppa?” Taeyeon whispered as she moved further away from the loud chatter.

“Taeng...” Park Jeongsu breathed heavily over the line. “Is it true? Tell me if it's true.”

Taeyeon frowned. He was definitely drunk and she had no idea what he was talking about. But after their break up, he hadn't called and Taeyeon was curious and feeling a little light headed.

“Oppa, what are you talking about?” Taeyeon asked as she slowly made her way to the riverbank, away from the eyes of her co-workers.

“Tell me... Are you really together with G-Dragon?” Jeongsu asked. “Tell me it's not true, Taeng.”

His question shocked Taeyeon. Did he call just to ask about this? Why will he be concerned about this? Didn't he made it clear that he didn't have feelings for her anymore? Does he still... care?

“Oppa-” Before Taeyeon could answer his question, she heard a female giggling in the background.

“Leeteuk oppa,” The female whined. “Come back to bed. It's my turn to pleasure you.”

Taeyeon froze as she heard Leeteuk say heatedly, “ you, Kim Taeyeon, you can be with that ing G-Dragon for all I care! There are so many women out there better than you! ...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter