Japan III

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Japan; Tokyo – Hitsune Apartment Unit 702   01:00

 

“Jiyong, please don't leave me.” Kiko cried as she clung herself onto him.

 

Jiyong tried to push her away gently but failed, “Kiko, I'm with Taeyeon now. We have broken up, remember?”

 

Kiko shook her head as she buried her face into his chest. Jiyong sighed as he wondered how he had gotten himself into this mess.

 

When Jiyong ran out of the hotel to chase after Kiko earlier, she was already in a cab, leaving. He quickly boarded the next cab and followed her to find that she was heading home. He chased after her when she boarded the lift but she was too quick. When Jiyong arrived at her door, he found that it was locked and he could hear Kiko weeping inside.

 

He started banging on her door, asking her to let him in but she ignored him until Jiyong realised that he never took out the spare key that was in his wallet. He unlocked the door eventually and found Kiko sitting on the floor, a bottle of scotch in hand, crying herself out.

 

“Listen to me,” Jiyong said gently as he knelt down beside her.

 

“How could you do this to me?” Kiko sobbed. “How could you?! Don't you even care about me anymore? How could you do this to me, Jiyong?!”

 

Jiyong hated to admit it but even when they've broken up, the sight of Kiko crying still made Jiyong upset.

 

“We've broken up, Kiko,” Jiyong explained. “You know that. We're bound to move on.”

 

Kiko took another swig of her alcohol and then looked up, “Nobody moves on that fast, Jiyong... Especially you.”

 

Jiyong remained silent as he tried to decipher Kiko's words. He didn't have to because she continued in a shaky voice, “Y-You would wait for me whenever we broke up... Even when you're sleeping with another girl, you'd never be serious about her. But this time, you didn't wait. You moved on to the next girl you see...”

 

“She isn't just any girl.” Jiyong replied quietly.

 

“Tell me she's just another fling for you,” Kiko said, looking up at Jiyong with her teary eyes. “Tell me that she was just someone to cure your boredom.”

 

Jiyong stared at Kiko and then slowly shook his head, “She's not just another fling for me. I'm serious about Taeyeon.”

 

“No...” Kiko shook her head in disbelief. “I don't believe you.”

 

Jiyong sighed as he reached out and wiped Kiko's tears away, “I love Taeyeon and I still care for you as a friend, Kiko. We're not good for each other, can't you see that? We're better off as friends.”

 

Kiko pushed Jiyong's hand away, “Friends?! You want us to be friends? Do you know what I've been going through while you're ing that SNSD chick?”

 

Kiko didn't wait for Jiyong's reply as she continued in a bitter voice, “Do you even know what has been going on around the internet? People are mocking me, telling me to off, telling me that I shouldn't come between you and her! They say that she's better for you because I'm wild and crazy. Do you know how hurtful that was to me?!”

 

“I know,” Jiyong said softly. “I'm sorry people have been saying that but why should you bother about what they say?”

 

“How can I not be bothered?!” Kiko screamed. “Everyday they're flooding me with comments asking me to stay away from you, or to die and to leave the two of you alone! Why are these people so cruel to me?! Why are you so cruel to me?”

 

“Kiko, we're celebrities, we just have to learn to ignore these comments.”

 

“I can stand their cruelty but without you, I can't take any of these, Jiyong! I need you!” Kiko sobbed. “We were the real couple until she came along and took you away from me. Why don't these people understand that?!”

 

Jiyong stilled at Kiko's words. Does she really think that Taeyeon stole him away? Or worse, will Kiko go around telling people that Taeyeon was the vixen who stole him from her?

 

Carefully, Jiyong said, “She didn't take me away. We broke up, remember?”

 

Kiko's eyes flashed angrily, “But before you met her, you would always wait for me, remember?”

 

Jiyong felt as though he was going to explode from frustration but then he tried to calm himself down. Exploding on Kiko right now will only make matters worse.

 

As though speaking to a child, Jiyong replied patiently, “Before I fell in love with Taeyeon, I have already decided that we will never get back together. We're toxic to each other and I have come to realise that. Even if Taeyeon's not in the picture, we'll never get back together.”

 

It was as though Kiko never heard him as she continued, “Do you know how hard it was for me to watch the two of you on TV? And to see that people everywhere are supporting the two of you?!”

 

Jiyong made no reply as Kiko stood up from the ground shakily. She faced him with her tear stained face and stared into his eyes.

 

“I know you still love me...” Kiko said.

 

And then, she pulled Jiyong to her and kissed him. Jiyong was taken by surprise as her tongue invaded his mouth. She tasted of alcohol and alarm bells started ringing when Jiyong felt Kiko's hand worming into his pants.

 

“K-Kiko, stop!” Jiyong grabbed her hand and pushed her away, effectively stopping her.

 

“What the are you doing?!” Jiyong cursed as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

 

“Does my touch irk you so much? Do you hate me that much, Jiyong?” Kiko's tears continued falling.

 

“I'm with Taeyeon now. Please respect that.” Jiyong said angrily.

 

Jiyong headed towards the door but Kiko quickly held on to his arm.

 

“Please don't leave me, Ji.” Kiko pleaded.

 

“It's over.” Jiyong replied, pushing her hand away. “I came over to explain things but since you're not ready to listen, I'm leaving. And I'm returning your key, I won't be needing it anymore.”

 

Tossing the key onto the counter, Jiyong left the apartment.

 

========================

 

Naver:
Fans spotted Taeyeon boarding train to Osaka alone without GD.


[351,565 Likes, 2,793 Dislikes]
Million dollar question: Where is GD? Did he abandon her like in Holland again?! Did they get into a fight???

[278,572 Likes, 1,117 Dislikes]

Geez, take a chill pill, guys. They're probably fine. He'll probably meet her somewhere soon.

[225,942 Likes, 853 Dislikes]

I'm not so sure... They seem pretty shaky recently. Look at the news of them fighting at the gas station in Australia. I know they're not romantically involved but I'm still rooting for them.

 

[179,245 Likes, 1,962 Dislikes]

I'm rooting for Kiko to stay away from GD. That's all I'm asking for. He should be with Taengoo.

 

 

Japan; Tokyo – Mandarin Oriental Suite 3   02:15

 

Jiyong cursed himself as he unlocked the door to the suite. After leaving Kiko's place, he only realised the time after boarding the cab. He tried calling Taeyeon but her phone's off. With all the drama at Kiko's, Jiyong had completely lost track of time.

 

When Jiyong stepped into the room, he frantically called out for Taeyeon but there was no reply. Racing to the bathroom, he pushed open the door to find it empty.

 

“Taeyeon!” Jiyong called out again.

 

And then Jiyong realised that the spot where Taeyeon's luggage always sits was now empty. Taeyeon had left without him.

 

“!” Jiyong shouted, frustrated with Kiko and most of all, himself.

 

Did Taeyeon catch the train herself or was she still with Jessica and Tiffany? Jiyong prayed it was the latter as he quickly called Jessica.

 

It was on the eighth ring that the ice princess finally picked up.

 

“What do you want?” Her curt voice asked as soon as she picked up.

 

“Is Taeyeon with you? Where is she?” Jiyong asked.

 

Jessica let out a sarcastic laugh, “Oh, you finally remember her? Where were you two hours ago when she was crying her eyes out?”

 

Jiyong's heart ached instantly, “S-She cried?”

 

“Of course she did!” Jessica shouted furiously. “She told me she begged you not to chase after Kiko but you did. You promised her that you would return but you broke your promise!”

 

Jiyong could only hang his head in shame as Jessica continued, “Do you know that she was still hopeful of your return until the very last minute? I could see that look on her face before she boarded the train! She was still searching for you, hoping that you would catch the train with her on time!”

 

“I'm sorry,” Jiyong said softly.

 

He didn't know what else he could say as he knew everything was his fault.

 

“ you, Kwon Jiyong,” Jessica spat out. “I believed you would be good for Taeyeon and I even encouraged her to be with you.”

 

It was the first time Jiyong had heard Jessica curse at him like that. He was shocked but he knew he deserved it so he remained silent.

 

“Why did you chase after Kiko?” Jessica asked angrily. “What could be so important that you would ignore Taeyeon's pleas?”

 

“Because of Taeyeon,” Jiyong replied softly. “I chased after Kiko because I was afraid of Kiko spreading the news about me and Taeyeon. If Kiko tells her friends, then the media will know about us.”

 

“So you're afraid that the media will know about you and Taeyeon? You're unbelievably selfish! Why? Are you afraid your fans will leave you?” Jessica demanded.

 

“Of course not!” Jiyong defended himself angrily. “Do you think I would care about that? I'm willing to give up my fame and fans for Taeyeon!”

 

“Oh,” Jessica mumbled. “It must be for Taeyeon then...”

 

“She said that if our relationship is revealed, it would be the end for SNSD, Big Bang and Baekhyun.” Jiyong explained. “You know she's the one who cares about all that.”

 

Jessica sighed, “She's still protecting everyone... even him...”

 

Him? Baekhyun? Or was it someone else? Jiyong was about to ask but then Jessica said, “If you truly love Taeyeon, just head to Osaka and explain to her.”

 

“I will. But I will need help from you.” Jiyong replied. “I need to know where she's staying when I reach Osaka.”

 

Jessica sighed, “I want to help you... but please don't make me regret this.”

 

“You won't, I promise.” Jiyong said.

 

“Okay, I'll contact her and see what information I can get.” Jessica replied.

 

“Thank you, Jessica,” Jiyong said sincerely and then after hanging up, Jiyong quickly grabbed his luggages and left the suite.

 

=======================

 

Japan; Osaka – Senbonyuki Guesthouse   06:30

Taeyeon closed her eyes as she struggled to nap before she needs to leave for the mission at Osaka Castle. The castle only opens at ten so she figured she should rest for a while before leaving. She had just arrived at this traditional Japanese guesthouse that was recommended by Jessica.

 

When Taeyeon reached the Osaka airport, she was clueless as to where she should go. Their camera man met her up at the airport and started filming. When Taeyeon asked where was her hotel, the camera man had informed her that she was to use their team's money and get her own accomodation.

 

Excusing herself to go to the bathroom, Taeyeon called Jessica and Jessica had recommended her to this guesthouse. It was near the Osaka Castle and it was priced very reasonably.

 

The camera man then left with her to the guesthouse and asked about where Jiyong was.

 

“H-He went to buy something... He'll meet me later.” Taeyeon lied to the camera that was pointing at her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter