Australia II/Japan I

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Australia – Warrego Highway   19:00

The sun was setting as Jiyong continued driving along the highway. Taeyeon had dozed off about an hour ago on the seat beside him. It was too quiet so Jiyong the radio and started shuffling through the stations until something caught his ears.

 

“G-Dragon and Taeyeon seems to be leading in recent 101 Nights episode...” The radio DJ said. “It seems like many netizens are starting to support them. Some even went as far as to support them romantically.”

 

Jiyong chuckled as he continued to listen.

 

“But of course, this would be impossible with G-Dragon's rumoured model girlfriend Mizuhara Kiko and Taeyeon's boyfriend, Baekhyun from Exo. Personally, I think the two leaders would look great together though. Now, let's have some listeners call in and tell us what they like or dislike on 101 Nights!”

 

Jiyong heard some shuffling and then a caller was connected.

 

“Hi, I've been a fan of 101 Nights from the start and have been a fan of both SNSD and Big Bang. My favourite team is of course GD and Taeyeon... It seems like they make each other happy as you can see from recent episodes so I hope they can be together in real life.”

 

Jiyong smiled at the caller's comment and then the next caller called in.


“I don't like the idea of GD being with Taeyeon. I mean, I'm fine if they're just friends but romantically? No. No way. GD is a player and I don't think Taeyeon deserves to be with a player. She's a good girl and GD will just screw her over.”

 

Jiyong's smile faded instantly and before he could react, the next caller came on.

 

“I like GD and Taeyeon. Seperately. I agree with the previous caller. Taeyeon needs a good boy. Not someone wild like GD. Besides, I think GD is very compatible with Kiko. They're both wild and loves to party. Taeyeon? Have you ever seen the girl in a club?”

Jiyong knew that he should have shut off the radio but on the other hand, he wanted to know more about what the public think about him and Taeyeon together.

 

“If Taeyeon's with GD, that's it, I won't support SNSD anymore. I don't want Taeyeon to become wild like Kiko. If she moves on to GD, that's it for me. I am so done.”

 

“I think Taeyeon should focus more on her music and fans instead of always dating around. So many rumours of her with other male idols. And I don't think she's setting a good example for her younger fans if she starts dating someone like GD. I mean, drugs and all, do I have to say more?”

 

Finally, Jiyong angrily off the radio and continued driving in silence. He knew his reputation hasn't been the best but why wouldn't people give him a chance? Does Taeyeon really deserve someone better? Someone who isn't a “bad boy” like him? And are fans really going to hate on Taeyeon if they find out that they are indeed dating?

 

Forty minutes later, Jiyong drove out of the expressway and parked the RV at a camping site. As he halted the heavy vehicle, Taeyeon opened her eyes sleepily.

 

“Where are we?” She asked groggily.

 

“We're resting here tonight and I'll continue driving tomorrow morning.” Jiyong replied, leaving the seat to head to the bathroom.

 

Taeyeon stretched, got up and headed to the mini kitchen for a drink. When Jiyong exited the bathroom, she turned to him with a smile.

“You hungry? I'll make dinner.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Maybe later.” came Jiyong's broody reply as he headed to the bed at the end of the RV.

 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows as she watched Jiyong lie on the bed, his eyes fixed on the ceiling above him. He was staring bankly at the ceiling with an unhappy look on his face.

 

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked, walking over to him.

 

Jiyong made no response.

 

Taeyeon sat on the bed beside him and gently touched his arm, “Hey, what's wrong?”

 

“Nothing.” Jiyong replied softly, his eyes still on the ceiling.

 

“You know you can't brush me off.” Taeyeon replied. “Are you mad at me? What's going on?”

 

Letting out a heavy sigh, Jiyong sat up and stared at Taeyeon, “I'm not mad at you.”

“Then, what's wrong? Did something happen?” Taeyeon asked, concerned.

 

his lips, Jiyong shook his head with a small laugh, trying to brush her off, “Don't worry, it's nothing.”

 

“It doesn't look like nothing.” Taeyeon pointed out. “Come on, tell me.”

 

“Well,” Jiyong started. “It was just something I heard on the radio while driving.”

 

Taeyeon swallowed nervously. Was it some baseless rumour about her?

 

“W-What was it about?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“The DJ was talking about 101 Nights and some callers called in and talked about us.” Jiyong said slowly. “And... most of them had negative thoughts about us together.”

 

“Together? You mean romantically?” Taeyeon raised an eyebrow.

 

“Yeah, they said that we aren't suited at all. How our personalities are too different and how we enjoy different things...” Jiyong trailed off.

 

Taeyeon's lips twitched and then she let out a laugh, “Kwon Jiyong, is that all?”

 

Jiyong stared at Taeyeon, surprised at her reaction.

 

“I can't believe that after so many years of being a celebrity, you're still affected by what the public says.” Taeyeon continued.

 

“I usually don't. But now I care about what people think of you or us.” Jiyong admitted.

 

Taeyeon stopped laughing and stared at Jiyong.

 

Jiyong continued, “I want people to like the thought of us being together. Because one day, I want to tell the whole world that my girlfriend is Kim Taeyeon and I want us to date in public. I don't want you to get any hate or criticisms from dating me. You don't need the burden, Taeyeon, and it worries me if you get attacked by netizens or the public that you're dating me. I will hate myself if I am the one who is causing you any hurt or grief.”

 

Taeyeon stared at Jiyong, utterly speechless and touched. She didn't realise he was thinking so far into the future of the day if they disclose their relationship. He wasn't even worried of his fans leaving him or the hate he might receive. He only worried for her.

 

How different from Leeteuk... When she and Leeteuk were dating, Leeteuk was constantly afraid that people might find out and how his fans may leave him, how SM will reprimand him and how his career might be affected.

 

But Jiyong's only concern was her.

 

Without thinking twice, Taeyeon leaned forward and pressed her lips against Jiyong's.

 

“I love you.” She murmured.

 

Surprised by her action, Jiyong's eyes widened but then he quickly kissed her back.

 

“I love you more.” He whispered.

 

“Jiyong,” Taeyeon said as she stared into his eyes, “You don't have to worry about any of that. We'll deal with that when that time comes. And when it does, I'll be okay.”

 

“How will you be okay?” Jiyong asked. “The public will hate you, your fans might leave you and there will be much more hate and trouble to come.”

 

Taeyeon gave his hand an assuring squeeze, “I'll be okay because I have you. As long as you're with me, I'll be okay.”

 

Taeyeon watched Jiyong's lips turn upwards as he pulled her into his arms, “Kim Taeyeon, I'll always be with you.”

 

======================

 

Australia – Off Warrego Highway; Trailer Park   22:14

 

Taeyeon and Jiyong were sitting outside their RV after their meal of instant ramen. The night was clear and cool as they sat on two chairs they retrieved from their RV.

 

“It's nice not to have any cameras on us now.” Jiyong said after a sip of beer from his bottle.

 

“Enjoy it while it lasts,” Taeyeon sighed. “We'll be heading back to Seoul pretty soon.”

 

“When do you think we'll get to meet the other teams?” Jiyong asked.

 

Taeyeon shrugged, “Maybe the next country? How long more before we reach Perth?”

 

Jiyong pondered for a moment and then replied, “Probably in three or four days if we don't stop too much.”

 

Just then, Taeyeon's phone vibrated and grabbing her phone that was in her pocket, she unlocked it to see a text from Fany.

 

“Fany and Nichkhun just reunited,” Taeyeon said to Jiyong as she stared at her phone. “Fany and Nichkhun were the last team. She thinks Minhyuk got to Krystal an hour before them.”

 

Jiyong chuckled, “That's surprising. I thought Nichkhun would be so much faster than Minhyuk.”

 

Taeyeon smiled, “Yeah, me too.”

 

“I envy Nichkhun and Tiffany.” Jiyong said suddenly as he leaned back on his chair and tilted his face upwards to the night sky.

 

“Why?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

 

“Because they can date publicly,” Jiyong replied. “And we can't.”

 

Taeyeon let out a tight smile, “Well, give it some time. Maybe in the future, we can be like them too.”

 

Jiyong said nothing as he continued to stare at the inky sky above him.

 

“I'm going to bed,” Taeyeon said after a yawn. “Come on, let's sleep so we can set off early tomorrow.”

 

Jiyong nodded and grabbing their chairs, they headed back into their RV and locked the door.

 

“I wouldn't mind living in this RV forever with you.” Jiyong chuckled as he pulled Taeyeon towards the bed.

 

Taeyeon wrinkled her nose, “Yeah right, I don't even think you can stay in here for a week! It's too small, you'll get bored.”
 

Lying on the bed, Jiyong replied, “I won't. Not if you're with me.”

 

Taeyeon proceeded to lie beside him, “Don't be too sure about that.”

 

“Oh, I'm sure I won't be bored with you around.” Jiyong smirked.

 

“How come?” Taeyeon raised an eyebrow.

 

“Because there's so many thing I can do with you...” Jiyong said softly. “Like kissing you... and then we can-

 

“Stop!” Taeyeon laughed and hit Jiyong's arm playfully after noticing the erted look in his eyes.

 

Jiyong laughed and pulled Taeyeon towards him so that their bodies were now pressed together.

 

“You can never bore me, Taeyeon.” Jiyong said and placed a soft kiss on Taeyeon's lips. “Now let's sleep so we can win this race.”

 

===============================

 

Australia – Oxley Highway   23:16

 

“Shall we rest for tonight?” Taeyeon asked, turning around to Jiyong who was driving.

 

“Yeah, let me find a gas station to fill up the tank and we'll find some place to camp our RV.” Jiyong replied.

 

It had been a long day. The two idols has been up since eight in the morning and had immediately set off. They only stopped for lunch and dinner at the rest stops along the way. Taeyeon wasn't confident in driving such a big vehicle so Jiyong had to drive on his own. Taeyeon felt guilty for not helping much but Jiyong kept assuring her that she can always make it up to him in other ways, to which Taeyeon would laugh and roll her eyes, fully understanding what he meant.

 

As Jiyong took an exit off the highway, his phone started ringing.

 

“Who is that?” Jiyong asked Taeyeon.

 

Taking a look at the screen, Taeyeon replied, “No idea. Unknown caller.”

 

“Can you help me answer it?” Jiyong asked distractedly as he focused on the road ahead.

 

“Sure.” Taeyeon said and proceeded to pick up the call.

 

Before Taeyeon could say a word, the person over the line started talking. It was a woman.

 

“Hi Jiyong, you're coming to Kiko's mum's birthday, right? Just wanted to make sure because you attend every year. I know you're probably expecting Kiko to be making this call instead but she's been really busy recently, you know, with her mum being so sick these past weeks. I know you're still filming but the party will be after your filming schedule, so you'll be able to make it. Sorry, I have been rambling,” The woman let out a laugh and then continued, “But I really hope you can come, Kiko's mum is fond of you and Kiko will be so happy if you're there. I mean, of course she'd be happy her boyfriend's there, right?”

 

Taeyeon felt went dry as the woman finally stopped talking.

 

“Jiyong, you there?” The woman asked.

 

Forcing herself to open , Taeyeon struggled to come up with a reply, “S-Sorry... Jiyong's not available to pick up your call. C-Can I get him to call you back?”

 

“Oh! Sorry, I didn't realise. I'm Kiko's manager. Please ask him to call me back as soon as he can. Thank you.” The woman said politely.

 

“Y-Yeah, I will.” Taeyeon replied and then hung up.

 

“Who was that?” Jiyong asked as he turned into a gas station.

 

Taeyeon made no reply as her mind was still in a state of shock. Is Jiyong cheating on her with Kiko? Or is he cheating on Kiko with her?!

 

Why is Kiko's manager calling him? Didn't they broke up? Wait, did they even break up in the first place? Has Jiyong been feeding her lies from the start? Was Jiyong toying with her like all the other girls?

 

“Taeyeon, are you okay?” Jiyong asked, concerned.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter