Chapter 8

Love or Respect

Mi-Sun POV

The sunlight that shined in my face woke me up. I woke up with pain spreading across my body. Then I remembered: the burning building where my mother had almost passed away. She was now in the hospital...hopefully still alive. After seeing the ambulance take her away, everything went dark. I kind of don't remember the rest although I wish I did. I checked my surroundings, thinking I was in the hospital as well. Clearly I was wrong. I found myself lying on a couch. The room looked so familiar, I just couldn't even name it. I sat up and a damp towel fell into my lap. I looked around again. No one was around. I pulled the blanket off me. My eyes widen to see I wasn't in the clothes I was in before. Or that's at least what I think. What was going on? Where am I? How did I get here? How long was I asleep? What day is it? Most importantly, who changed me? I was thinking these questions till I heard doors opening. I quickly put the towel back on my forehead and pretended to be asleep.

"Shhhhh! Be quiet she's still sleeping"

"Still but, it's been five days."

Five days? I thought. I've been five days already.

"Well we can't just force her to wake up."

"But hyung it's been five days already. I bet she's dead right now..."

Hyung? Wait, does that mean... I'm...

"Sungjong will you stop complaining. It's the least thing we can do till she recovers. And the doctor said she's not dead. So calm down. Think about it this could be you."

Oh great . I'm at the Infinite's dorm. Wait, which member changed my clothes. Please don't tell me it was him? Aish. Kill me now. After hearing them talk, I had heard enough. I moaned a little and slowly opened my eyes. "W-Where am I?"

"Sunshine you're up!" Sungjong said. All of them came over and smiled at me.

"How long was I out?" I sat up.

"Five days..."

"Wae? That long!?" I asked, pretending that I didn't hear them.

"Yeah, you us worried when you disappeared at the park." Sungyeol said.

"Mianhe... I didn't mean to run off like that..."

"Here. Drink this. Slowly." Hoya handed me cup of tea. My hands shook a little but I managed to put my lips on the cup I must of been weak because I could barely tilt the cup back to get more. I was half way down and put the cup down. "Drink it all."

"I can't... I'm weak..." I said.

"Aish. Fine let me help you" He sat down beside me and lifted the cup. I got every last drop of tea. I gave him a signal that I was done. Hoya took the cup away and smiled.

"Komawo." I quietly said. There was silence. I looked at all of them who were all staring at me. "Wae?"

"We still don't know why you sneaked away five days ago. Sunggyu said. He looked angry. "And why you went into that burning building."

"Oh...well...um..."

"Come on Sunshine. We just want to know why. That's all." Sungyeol said while the others just nodded.

I let out a sigh. "Okay. I went in there b-because... I had to save my mother..."

"BWOH!!!!" They all said.

I nodded. "I know. I was stupid and should of let the the professionals do it... but they weren't doing anything plus I couldn't let it happen again..."

"Let what happen again?" L asked.

At first I didn't really want to tell them, but they would of found out sooner or later. It all started a year ago. I was going to surprise my father by visiting him at work for his birthday. I prepared a special lunch and a small cake. I was the only one who was free to see him at the time. When school ended, I headed straight to my father's work. I was so excited to see him but as I drew closer toward the building firefighters and crowds of people were there. I dropped everything and ran toward the scene and made my way up front. One of my father's co-workers came up to me and said my father was still in there. I ran to the closes firefighter to tell him to get my father but it was too late the building collapse in one piece. My eyes widen and was flooded with tears. No one saved him. They could of but didn't Why would they just leave him in there?

"I-I remember it like if it were yesterday." I finished. "I learned that even though there are people who help the community, they don't know how to do it right...."

Silence was surrounding the room again, till Sunggyu said. "Wow, I guess you did have a reason. I'm— we are sorry for what happened to your father."

"Well... what's done is done" I looked down. Now after telling that story I just wanted to be left alone even though I had lots of questions. "I'd like to rest for a bit."

I lied back down and heard footsteps and they seemed to go into there rooms or maybe outside. When all doors closed, I sat up and looked out window.

"I knew you were just trying to get rid of us."

I jumped a little and saw Hoya standing by his bedroom door. "H-Hoya, I thought you—"

"Yeah you can't fool me missy."

" I don't feel like talking right now..."

"Talking will make it better. I'm not leaving till I get you to smile again." I gave him a fake smile but right though it. He shook his head. " Nope it has to be a real one. That doesn't count."

"Darn... I'm still not talking..."

"You just did."

"Why are you making this so difficult to be mad at you." Hoya just laughed. "Yah!!! Talented One answer me when I'm talking to  you!!"

"Are you sure it's me who's making this difficult?"

I was going to say something but couldn't think of anything... Usually I have comebacks for everything but ever since I've been hanging out with Infinite, especially with Hoya, its just impossible. 

"Anyways, mind lifting your shirt for a sec?"

My eyes widen and looked at him. "WAE?!?!? W-Why?" I covered myself with the blanket. Is he crazy?

"Don't worry its nothing like that. I have to treat your burn on your back is all. Doctor's others." He came over to me.

I gulped and slowly lifted my shirt. Was I seriously doing this? As he treated my back, I felt a little pain which caused me to groan. Whatever he was doing really had me focused on how much pain I was feeling. All I was thinking was Is he done? Is it over?

"Alright all done. You could put you your shirt down."

I sighed with relief. "Glad that's over..."

"Well this time was easier since your up now."

"How did you do it while I was sleeping?"

"That's something I wont tell..."

"Alright then, where are my clothes as in who changed me?"

He looked at me. "You seriously want to know the answer to that situation?"

"Ye! I have the right to know!"

"Geez don't get all worked up nothing." Hoya teased then started to walk to his room.

"Wait, come back here!!!! Yah!! Talented One , you didn't answer!!!!"

He opened the door, looked at me then said with a smirk, "I did." Then went inside.

My jaw dropped. I grabbed the pillow and screamed into it as long as I could. What is my world coming to? Of all people... why him? Why?