Chapter 5

Love or Respect

Mi-Sun POV

We were standing in front of the amusment park where my dad use to take me when I was little. I looked up and saw Hoya standing really close to me. The shocks came again which caused me to look back down. I noticed he was the one holding my hand. I wanted to remove my hand but I didn't want to be rude. I was completely speechless till I heard Hoya whisper to me, "Are you happy that we brought you here?"

"You kidding? Heck yeah! But how did you know it was my birthday?" I asked.

"Before your spring break, we met your sister and asked if your birthday was coming" Sunggyu answered.

"I have more than one sister...which one did you go to?"

"Uh... she worked at a cafe...I think... she was really mean..."

"Ah...so you met the bratty one... well that was nice of her..."

"Well, come on. Let's go inside" Woohyun said as he stared to walk. The others followed.

"Wait! What about your fans?"

"Not to worry. The park manager closed all access to non-contest winners. So it's fine." Hoya told me as I realized he was still holding my hand.

"So other groups are going to be here too?

"Yeah some...why?"

"Just wondering." I stated to walk in but Hoya was still holding on to me. "Yah, Talented One, you can let go of me now"

All he did was laugh and started to pull me into the park with him. There was barely anyone there. I caught sight of groups I've never seen before with other students from other schools. "Must be the contest winners..." I thought. I was sure i was going to see my older sisters' boyfriends. Yes...both of my older sisters are going out with idols. I just find it weird how two idols can be so close to my family. Okay... maybe "weird" wasn't the word I'm looking for.

"What should we ride first?" Dongwoo asked.

"Let's go on that!" Sungjong pointed to a ride.

"Wait, I think it should be Sunshine's choice, since it is her birthday." Sunggyu said.

"Ani...It's okay...I've been here before...with a schedule like yours, you barely get to come here. Just choose. It's fine with me." I smiled. Being here with you guys makes me happy"

"Sunshine. This is your day. Not ours. We're here for you." Woohyun said. "Now come on choose something"

Once again I couldn't argue with these guys. Man they're impossible. So i just chose the ride Sungjong wanted to go on. Determine which person I was going to sit with, was the most challenging. Sungjong, Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Woohyun were arguing on who was going to sit next to me. I looked at L, Sunggyu, and Hoya were just shacking their heads at their members.

"If this is radicalize then why aren't they doing anything...?" I thought. I whistled and they all looked at me. "Yah! are we really going to determine who sits with me by arguing?" Silence. "...*sigh*... Lucky for you bozos, I already have it set out..."

"But you didn't even know we were coming here..." Hoya said

I pulled out a piece of paper out of my pocket. "True, but I brought this just in case because I was having troubles deciding so I just picked randomly and wrote it down. I really wanted to come here with you guys one day and I knew we would have this type of problem so... yeah"

"Let me see that" I handed Sunggyu the note and the others gathered around him. The note read:

  1. Sungjong
  2. L
  3. Dongwoo
  4. Sunggyu
  5. Sungyeol
  6. Woohyun
  7. Hoya

"Yay! I'm first!" Sungjong cheered.

"Well it's settled. Kaja!" Sunggyu said.

Sungjong grabbed my hand and we headed for the ride. Through the entire ride, I couldn't help but laugh. Sungjong kept on saying "ohmygosh!" on every turn. I looked behind me and saw the others laughing as well, but every time I looked at Hoya, he would always smile at me. I would look away with embarrassment and continue riding. I still had a good time but I still remembered that Hoya was last on the list. "This is going to be one long day..."

On the next ride, L finally managed to make conversation with me that wasn't really awkward. Even though it mostly about the things we saw on the ride, it was still nice. I would hear him sing along to the ride's song which really put a smile on my face.

After riding a roller coaster with Dongwoo, I was so glad that it was over. Never ride a roller coaster with Dongwoo. I repeat. Never ride a roller coaster with Dongwoo... Why do I repeat it? Because... well... it's really hard to explain. All I can say is that I didn't know whether he was screaming, crying or laughing...Okay maybe all the above...who knows. I'm just glad it's over.

Riding with Sunggyu was like riding with L, except the conversation wasn't really random. Talking with him, was as like having the older brother I never had...obviously...I have no brother. I actually told him I wanted him as my brother. Sunggyu smiled and told me, "Well Sunshine if you want a brother, I'm always here for you". I smiled back and I had completely forgot how bad riding with Dongwoo was.

I was so happy that I didn't eat a lot at lunch. Sungyeol wanted to go a really fast spinning ride. Those type of rides make me sick. Usually I would think about how much vomit I was going to throw up, but I was distracted by Sungyeol's screaming which hurt my ears like crazy. I think I would rather sit next to Sungjong again. After getting off the ride, I was so happy I didn't throw up...because that would of been embarrassing.

We rode another roller coaster which was more extreme then the last one. Woohyun tried to be Mr. Tough-Guy, but you can guess how that went. He screamed but it wasn't bad as Sungyeol's. As you can guess, I was laughing the whole time. I think I was the only one who wasn't scared because all I heard were the guys screams but i mostly heard Sungyeol and Sungjong and they were sitting in the way back.

"That was so much fun!" I said after getting off the ride. Then I looked at the guys who all seemed to have fear in their eyes. "Are you guys sure you're okay?"

"Of course, why would you ask that?" Sunggyu said as they all straighten up and nodded.

"Never mind" I knew they were faking but I just let it go. "So last one?"

"I guess one more wont hurt..." L said

"But nothing too crazy okay?" Dongwoo said.

"How about the Farris Wheel?" I suggested. They all agreed.

"Good I can relax on that one..." We all looked at Woohyun. "Not that, that roller coaster was scary or anything..."

I rolled my eyes and looked at my list. Everyone's name was checked off...except for Hoya's. My eyes grew big. I had chosen a ride that couples usually go on and of all people, I had to go with him. Was this good or bad? My heart was beating fast. "Oh geez, why me?" I looked at my phone. 6:40pm. "One more wont hurt. One more and that's it, right?"