Chapter 20

Love or Respect

Mi-Sun POV

I ran as fast as I could to the hospital. At the same time, I was thinking about my mother and that I should at least took someone to come with me, but it was too late. I was already halfway there and I couldn't turn back. Tears were falling down my cheek. Please, mom stay alive... Not again... Don't go...

I busted down the doors to the entrance of the hospital and went straight to the front desk. I couldn't control myself so I had asked what room my mother was in a very unpleasant  way. The nurse hesitated a little and pointed. "Third door to your right."

I quickly went to the direction she was pointing. As I entered the room, I saw all my sisters, gathered around my mother's bed. My mother, on the the hand, laid in bed and had her eyes barely open. I walked in slowly.

"Mi-Sun you're here." my mother said weakly.

"Uhmma..." I held her hand.

"Now that you're here I couldn't be any happier."

"I should of come to visit earlier."

"Ani... I heard you were in a coma for awhile. I knew you needed your rest, so I can't blame you. I thank you my dear for saving me..."

"I wouldn't let anything happen to you."

"Uhmma. Since you we're all here, what did you have to tell us?" Eun-Mi asked suddenly.

"Ah, since my life is drawing to a close, like your father, I have my last request for each of you..." my mother started. "Chun-Hei, my eldest daughter, please finish your education in the states and do come back home to take care of your sisters when you are done. I know you are busy but do visit."

"I will Uhmma." Chin-Hei said.

"Eun-Mi, you too, please be careful as you travel. Performing does take your time but do come back. I wish you luck in every show you perform in."

"Don't worry Uhmma, I will and thank you." Eun-Mi said.

My mother then turned to me which made feel a little scared. I don't know why but I just felt like that. "Mi-Sun, continue being creative. Express your feelings and thoughts through your writings and paintings like you always do. And since you are now 18, I want you to take care of the twins. Be a good sister will you? I'm sorry I didn't wish you a happy birthday on the day of..."

"Don't give it a second thought." I told her as I have her hand a tight squeeze.

She smiled and looked at the twins. "Soo-Jin... Soo-Min... please stay together no matter what. I regret for not spending time with you two when you were younger. But please try to stay strong without me."

Soo-Min just nodded but Soo-Jin spoke. "Uhmma I just want to say... I'm s-sorry for being such a brat while growing up..." Soo-Jin had tears in her eyes.

"I know you are... but it was me who was ignoring you..." Her eyes started to close. "My girls... please be happy...I love each and every one of you..."