Chapter 23

Love or Respect

Mi-Sun POV

Today was a happy day and a sad day. It's happy because I awoke this morning looking at myself with a scar-less face and I was going to my first time I was going to watch a live interview from backstage, but it was sad because it was my last day of spring break and I was no longer going to hang out with Infinite. Sure they were my neighbor but we would all be very busy. They'll go back to tight schedules and I'll be stuck with school. I guess I could see them once in awhile and have a quick video chat with them at night, but it just wont be the same anymore. The point is, I just had one of the best spring breaks ever.

When the time turned to 10:45am, the guys came to pick me up. Going to this interview was for sure going to take my mind off of school. I kept telling them I really didn't want to go. But Hoya kept telling me "You'll do fine. If you can't focus, just think of me alright?" then he would kiss me on the forehead which would make me smile. Before they left to go on set, Hoya gave me one last kiss. He was about to leave but I grabbed his hand and pouted.

He laughed a little and patted my head. "Don't worry. I'll be right back. Just stay right here and I'll go straight to you."

"What if I have to use the bathroom?"

"Aigoo. Sunshine. If you have to go really bad, then go and come to me first."

"But—"

Hoya kissed me but on the lips and looked at me. "Just do what I say. Okay? I have something to give you later on anyway."

"You know how I feel about surprises."

"I know. But I promise you, you'll love it. Stay put alright?"

All I did was nod. I let go of his hand and watched him off, which left me wondering, what was the thing that Hoya had to give me?

 As I was watching them, I couldn't help but smile. They were having so much fun. I've never laughed so much in one setting. It was really hard for me to look away. Really, I had to use the bathroom (I shouldn't have drank all that orange juice). It was just my luck when they went on break. I went super fast and I wanted to surprise Hoya. He is my boyfriend after all. I headed to their dressing room, preparing myself to "scare" him but I ended up over hearing in on a conversation between him and his manager.

"Hoya, people have been asking the same question"

"I know... I know.. but it wasn't my fault."

What were they talking about? I thought. What did Hoya do?

"You and her kissed."

"Ani... we didn't I swear."

"Well, they're all saying you two, did."

Were they talking about me? Was Hoya denying that we did actually kissed. I didn't want to jump to conclusions. I also knew it was bad to listen into other peoples' conversations but I continued to listen anyway.

"Well, we didn't okay. I don't even like her. She's just a fan.."

My heart stopped a little. Was he really talking about me? I had two feelings: disappointment and anger. So much for being together I thought. Then I went back inside the bathroom and locked the door. Thatt way no one could hear me cry. Did really have to end like this? I guess he really didn't care at all. It has to be big mistake but what he said... I rememebered the last time Hoya kissed me. It was before he went for the interview. I toched my lips and thought what it was like, because I know it wont happen again.

Hoya POV

After the interview was over, like I promised I was going to see Mi-Sun, but few minutes before the interview ended I had taken a glance and saw her leave. To the bathroom probably. I thought and laughed a little. That girl. Always makes my day. As I headed backstage, I had asked my manager if he had seen Mi-Sun, but ended up talking what had happened about the week ago. What happened that day was a complete nightmare. I don't even like seeing the flashback. Everyone had gotten the wrong idea.

*Flashback*

We had come back from that surprised interview. Inspirits were everywhere. More then usual, but of course, since we were in a rush to go home, we faked out everyone out by going the back way. I was about to enter the van, till someone had pulled me from behind. I thought it was Mi-Sun, but it was someone else.

"OMG! You're Lee Howan from Infinite!" The girl squealed.

"Oh... um... annyeonghaseyo.... it's nice to meet you—"

"Hoya-Oppa, I just want to say you are my favorite out of all the members in Infinite."

"Uh, kamsahamnida... Look it's really nice to meet you and all but I don't mean to be rude but I really have to—" Before I knew it, the girl jumped on me and tried to kiss me, but I tried to push her away.

"Come on Oppa just this once."

"Ani... look you seem really nice, but I just... can't."

Flash. A camera had just went off. "Oh, crap. Please don't tell me what I think just happened." I thought.

I looked toward the direction where the flash came from. I couldn't believe my eyes. Paparazzi had caught me.

"Oh great... just great.." I growled.

"Oppa stop being shy." the girl giggled.

I yelled for the others and thank god they heard me. L and Woohyun distracted the girl somehow and we ran off.

*End Flashback*

I still have nightmares from that day. It gives me the chills, but all that was replaced when I held the promise ring I was going to give Mi-Sun. I used my own money and no one else. I smiled and went to find Mi-Sun. I looked everywhere but couldn't find her. Where could she be? I met with the others and asked where Mi-Sun was.

"Hyung, I think she's in the bathroom." Sungjong said.

"She's still in there? Man I got to go!" Woohyun blurted. "They have a lot of people here, they shouldn't just have a one stall bathroom."

"How long has she been in there? I asked.

"Over half an hour. Well that's what I heard." Sungyeol answered.

"Half an hour?! She's not sick is she?" I was now worried.

"Who knows... I really need to go!" Woohyun whined.

"Maybe we should check on her." L suggested.

We all headed to the bathroom. I knocked.

"Mi-Sun, you in there?" There was no answer.

"Yah! Sunshine! Are you in there?" Sunggyu knocked again but there was still no answer.

"Please Sunshine, please come out. Woohyun's got to go." Sungyeol shouted. Woohyun gave a glare.

"Why isn't she answering?" Dongwoo asked.

"That's weird... the doors open..." I said as I turned the knob.

"Are you kidding me? She's out..." Woohyun complained.

I opened the door. Toilet paper and paper towels were everywhere. It was basically a mess... but we were all asking the same questions. What happened in here? Most importantly. Where is Mi-Sun?

We examined the room to see if there was any clues but the only thing we saw was that the window was open. Sungjong thought she got kidnapped but Sunggyu said that we would of heard her scream. Woohyun just couldn't hold it any longer so he went to go find another restroom and do his business. While the others left, I noticed a peice of paper tapped to the mirror. I grabbed it and read:

Hoya,

From what I heard, I guess we can no longer be together. I understand if I'm "just a fan" to you. I'm guessing, I'm nothing more then those typical fangirls you kept telling me about. I thought you were someone special to me... as you can see I left and on my way home. Spring break is over, which means we're over. You are now free to date anyone, because, apparently, it's wrong to be dating a fan. Hope you have a happy life.

-Mi-Sun (Sunshine)

I re-read the note over and over. The one time I find someone I love, ends breaking up with me. I looked up from the note then to the promise ring. Mi-Sun, you misunderstood everything. I took one last look of the room, then left to meet the others. Of course I told them where she went, but I didn't really let them read the note. As they were trying figure who should call her (yes, they were arguing), I made the decision of my own to call Mi-Sun myself. Every attempt was either voicemail or she just ignored me. I tried one last time, she finally pick up.

"Yah! Will you stop calling me!" she said angrily.

"Look I know your mad but let me—"

"ANI!! I heard you lound and clear! It's over!".

"But you misunderstood—"

"Forget it! I never want to see you again... Mr. Lee Howan I'm hanging up now."

"Wait Mi-Sun don't—" It was too late. She had cut me off. I could tell she was mad, but what I noticed by listening to her voice, Mi-Sun sounded hurt. Honestly, I had no idea how I felt right now. wait sadness? Anger? Frustration? All the above? Who knows... one thing's for sure... I lost her. I slammed the wall with my hand... hard. Then felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Dongwoo, followed by the others.

"Everything okay?" he asked.

"You called her didn't you?" Sunggyu said.

"What did she say hyung?" Sungjong asked.

I was silent for a moment then turned my back towards them. "She misunderstood everything..."

"Wait, Hoya, what are you talking about? She misunderstood what?" L asked.

"I-I lost her... She's gone..." I put the ring back in my pocket and walked away.