Chapter 26

Love or Respect

*2 WEEKS LATER*

Mi-Sun POV

It was hard to believe how many people came to my mother's funeral. Maybe it was because all of the members of Infinite, Big Bang, Beast, and SHINee came. This was way more people then my father's funeral. Even people who I didn't know, had came. Every time a person, who I wasn't familiar with, came to give me a hug or to shake my hand, I would lean toward to Chun-Hei or Eun-Mi and ask "who is that?" They would both answer "I don't know." All in all, the funeral went well. I was surprised that I didn't even cry throughout the ceremony. It was probably because I had used up all my tears when I saw my mother die right in front of me and after I had misunderstood the conversation when Hoya was talking to his manager. But of course it was sad to see my mother lie in her coffin. The whole entire time I was holding onto the ring Hoya had given me. Although both of my parents are gone and all my sisters are there for me, I now know that no matter where I go, there is someone still loving me.

While talking to Infinite at the luncheon, Mr. Choi, a publisher and my father's friend, had came over to me.

"How are you and your sisters doing?" he asked.

"We're doing fine. Thank you so much for coming." I said.

"Your mother was a beautiful woman. I see she has passed the trait to all five of you. Anyhow, there is something I must give you, Mi-Sun." He handed me a book. "Your father wrote that. Before he had passed away, I told him give writing a shot. As you can see, the book in your hands is his original. He told me when this "day" would come I would give this book to you so that you could read it yourself. I read just the first chapter on accident and had already wanted to put it on every shelf of the bookstores."

"So your saying her father wants her to read this book first before anyone else can?" Sungyeol asked.

"You're right on the money."

"That's weird. I've already read the first page and the character has my name and it starts off like my first day of spring break...with Infinite." I said looking up from the book. "How ironic."

"Mi-Sun, I don't think this is irony..." Sunggyu had taken the book from me.

"What do you mean?"

"The character has the same name as you, same age, same everything. Plus it starts exactly how you met us for the first time. Don't you think that's kind of weird?"

"It's not like he predicted your life." Woohyun looked at me. "He didn't right?"

"Mr. Choi is this a joke?" I looked at him.

"Your father was a strange and mysterious man. Well I must leave. Enjoy reading that Mi-Sun."

As soon as he left, we all looked at each other.

"What did he mean by that?" L asked.

"Who knows, I just find it weird." Woohyun said.

"Are you going to read it Sunshine?" Sungjong asked me.

Hoya handed me the book again and said, "Well he did say your father wanted you to be the first one to read it."

"If it's my father's wish, then I must. It's the least thing I can do after what I've been through." I said.

I saw them all nod as I held the book close to me.

The day after the funeral, I had found out all of my sisters had books written by our father. It was also the day I had stayed up all night reading the book. I didn't notice till I read the first page the second time. The first line read: Ever get a feeling when everyone hates you?