Chapter 13

Love or Respect

Mi-Sun POV

As Infinite was finishing up 'Be Mine', I had realized that I hadn't eaten anything. My stomach just started to growl and I was so glad that Infinite didn't hear it. I bet if the music wasn't playing, it would of echoed in the room. How embarrassing...

"Alright, we're done here.'' Sunggyu said, after they finished practicing.

"I'm hungry." L blurted.

"Hey then let's go out to eat." Sungyeol said.

"Yeah I want meat." Woohyun demanded.

"Me too. Can we go hyung?" Sungjong asked as we all turned to Sunggyu.

"Sure why not? This will make up for Sunshine's birthday dinner." Sunggyu said.

"Bwoh? You guys don't have to that. You don't have to make up anything." I started. "Wait you guys had something else planned on my birthday?"

"Ye. But you were in a coma, so we couldn't. It was someplace nice too."

"Oh...well I'm sorry I was the reason for a schedule change, but you don't have to go all this trouble to—"

"Well to bad. We're going anyway." Sungyeol interrupted.

I sighed and just followed them. We arrived to the place and was seated in a private area. I sat in between Sungjong and... Hoya. Okay basically he came and sat next to me. I wasn't planning on sitting next to him... not that I don't mind. It's just that I can't have shocks at this time. Not now, not later. Mostly just not at all. When he came over, my head was down so that I didn't even have the urge to look at him. After like five minutes being seated, servers were already giving us food, and we didn't order anything. The manager had came and told us that he was honored to have idol group come in and since it was his birthday, our meal was on the house. To me, this was just...unfair. Do other people get the same treatment? I don't think so. I didn't even bother to take a little bit of the food because it wasn't fair to the other citizens who actually had to pay their meals themselves and I felt a little guilty. I watched the guys attack the food while I just sat quietly starving to death.

Hoya POV

Throughout this whole day was my mind on one thing. Or in this case... one person. Even during practice, I just couldn't stop thinking about her. Most importantly what she was thinking about. It was killing me. After all, I almost told her how I felt this morning. I want to tell her but being nervous just gets in the way. I don't understand why it's so hard to tell someone you love that person. Why, why, why? When I'm trying to confess my nerves act up, but when I'm not I feel like there's no problem. I feel fine when just talking to her but when it comes to my feelings...yeah you get the point.

We being seated, it seemed the guys were avoiding to sit next to Mi-Sun. It was no wonder Sungjong had asked me if he could sit next to her. As I sat next to Mi-Sun, Woohyun was across from me and made a heart with his hands. They all knew that I loved her .Thanks to Mr. I'm-a-big mouth. 

"Do you really want to die?" I mouthed to him. He then looked down and i turned to Dongwoo who was mouthing "sorry" to me. All I did was shake my head. Sorry's not going to cut it buddy...

As we were eating, I was the only one who noticed that Mi-Sun had nothing.

"Why didn't you get any?" I asked her. "Don't you want some?"

"Well... yeah I do but, I just chose not to..." she answered. "I guess I wasn't hungry as I thought I was..."

I rolled my eyes and picked up a piece of meat. "Open."

"I said I wasn't hungry..."

"Yeah but you have to eat something. I know you are liing."

"But I said—"

"Like I said this morning. You can't fool me. Now open."

Mi-Sun pouted but did what she was told. After feeding her, I just couldn't help but smile. She was just so cute and adorable. A feeling like this for a girl like her only comes once in a life time. If your lucky, you might feel it again, but I dout it. Just tell her how you feel. It shouldn't be this hard....

Mi-Sun POV

I chewed slowly because I wanted to make it last. When I finally gulped it down, Hoya, again, fed me another piece. I refused at first but he made me open my mouth once more. Also I felt guilty, but for some reason I liked it. Something is wrong with me. I shouldn't like this feeling. The promise Mi-Sun, the promise. As I thought this, I remembered my sisters and I listening to our father announcing his promise.

*Flashback*

We all thought we were in trouble. We had no idea what was going on. Even our mother was clueless. When father entered the room, we all were silent. He hated when we talk over him. Especially, at times like this. It was for sure he had something important to say because he had a serious face that scared us all. He looked at every single one of us.

"Girls, there's something I need to tell you. The subject you may ask. It's boys. Boys who might one day become your very interest. And as your father, it's my duty to protect you from these so-called young men, even ones who you think are nice."

"Of course Apa." we all said.

"Since you are all going to be teens in the near future, I would expect you would want boyfriends. Now I don't care what the looks like but I do have expectations. He must be honest with himself and to others and must be serious about school. If he does not follow under these rules, but is kind to our family, you may not see him ever again and will not be allowed to date him."

"Yes Apa."

"Good. One more thing. Promise me girls that you wont go out with any boy idols. I hear those boys had given up education just to be an idol. I don't trust those types of boys either. If you keep this promise my dears it would make me so happy,"

"Don't worry Apa. We'll keep the promise right girls?" Chun-Hei said and looked at us who nodded our heads. We turned to our father who was smiling away.

*End Flashback*

I just sat there, replaying that memory over and over. A promise is a promise, but I'm just torn: my love for Hoya or the respect for my father. Who's most important to me? Which choice is ever-lasting? Soon I came back to reality and saw Sungjong starring at me. In fact, all of them were starring at me.

"Bwoh?"

"Sunshine are you okay?" Sunggyu asked.

"Yeah you had a worried look on your face." Woohyun said.

"I-I'm fine..." I lied.

"You sure? Because you can always tell us about it." Sungjong said.

"A-Ani, it was nothing... I just need fresh air that's all." I stood up and went out the restaurant.

What was wrong with my life? This is all my sister's fault. No. Actually it was Yu-Ri's fault. If she didn't bring Chun-Hei to that Big Bang concert, Chun-Hei would of never met Ji-young and become his girlfriend and if she didn't tell us it was okay to go out with idols, Eun-Mi would of never been Yoseob's girlfriend. Just one stupid action causes me to be all confused. I wish I could go back in time and stop all of this from happening. It's just to much for me to handle...