Chapter 14

Love or Respect

Mi-Sun POV

My head was just hurting from all this thinking. Why does it have to be like this? Why can't my life just be normal? No thinking at all would be nice. My life is difficult as it is. Ever since spring break started, my daily routines have been just off. Meeting Infinite...no...meeting Hoya was one of those days which I wished I could do over again. Then I would know what those shocks met. After clearing my thoughts and calming down, I was about to go back inside till I heard my phone buzz.

Soo-jin- Hey sis there's something I need to tell you. ASAP!

I read that text another time then sent.

Me- What is it?

Soo-jin- Okay Chun-Hei said it was okay to go out with idols right?

Me- ...I guess you can say that... why?

Soo-jin- Guess who my boyfriend is now.

Boyfriend? I wondered why Soo-jin had brought up such a random topic at this time. She never usually texts me randomly.

Me- ...Um I don't know... who?

Soo-jin- Wow not even one guess. Weak. XP

Me- Yah!!!! Bratty One!!! You know I'm not good at guesses!!!! Just tell me!!!!

Soo-jin- Shinee's Kim Jonghyun...

I almost dropped my phone. Another idol? No. This can't be happening. How can Jonghyun and Soo-jin be together? What made her say yes to him? I didn't want to sound angry (...not yet anyway) so I just sent.

Me- Oh okay, well I'm happy for you. Did he just ask you out?

Really I wasn't happy at all. How could I be? She broke the promise. She better have a good explanation because I had to wait ten minutes for her next reply.

Soo-jin- Um... no. Here's the thing that's been eating me. We've been going out since winter break.

Now I almost had a heart attack. I didn't even bother to reply anymore. Since winter break? She kept it a secret that long? I should of known this would happen. I was mumbling curse words, which I rarely do, and other stuff that I don't want to mention. "That little—"

"Everything okay out here?"

A hand was placed on my shoulder, and the sound of the person's voice made me jump a little. I turned around and saw Hoya with a concerned face.

"Oh! H-Hoya when did you get here?" I said.

"You're upset aren't you..." he said, without even questioning it.

"Anio... What makes you say that?" I looked down to avoid eye contact. "I'm fine."

He chuckled a little and lifted my chin. "You know how I can tell you're lying? Your eyes. They're so easy to read."

I stayed silent and still tried to avoid his eyes. I was trying not to resist but my eyes kept looking into his gaze.

"How many times am I going to tell you that you can't fool me? Ever." Hoya continued as he put his hand down.

"A lot..." I mumbled. Great here are the shocks again...

"Why don't you just say what's on your mind?"

"I-I can't... it's personal..."

"Everything is personal to you." he joked.

"Yah! Talented One, I'm not kidding... I've just been confused lately. I just don't know what to chose. I'm torn between love and respect. It's really complicated."

"Who do you respect?"

"My father..."

We were silent for awhile till Hoya spoke. "So you're in love with someone?"

Hoya POV

Mi-Sun flinched a little, then looked at me. "Y-Yeah, s-so?"

I didn't know what I was saying so I just continued the conversation. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"You don't need to know

"Come on tell me."

"Anio, it's none of your business.

She was right. I didn't need to know, but I want to. If she loves someone else, then I'm just going to have to tell her that I love her right now. So I tried to convene her, still Mi-Sun wouldn't tell me. I knew at this point I wouldn't be able to know who she loved so I just said, "Okay here's a deal, I'll tell you who I love, if you tell me yours." as a joke.

But Mi-Sun took it literally. And said, "Alright, deal."

"Wait a minute, did you just say—"

"I said deal. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."

My heart was pounding against my chest. I swear she could hear it. All my nerves were acting up again. Why did she sound so confident in telling me in who her lover is? Does that mean she doesn't love me? Now I can't read her at all. I guess I have no choice but to tell her. Great, what did I get myself in to?

"Um it's... it's..." Damn, why can't I say it?

"I'm listening Hoya don't worry." Mi-Sun said, calmly.

I took a deep breath. "Look, Mi-Sun what I was trying to say is that I love—"

"Hyung! Sunshine! You need to come inside now." It was Sungyeol, peeking his head out the entrance.

"Okay, we'll be right there." Mi-Sun then turned to me. "Maybe you could tell me later, yeah? Kaja."

Strike two...

I sighed and thought "I have to tell her. Tonight. Yeah, tonight's good. Third times the charm. But what does it matter? She loves someone else... but who is it?

We went back inside and sat down to join the others.

"Now that Sunshine's back, we can start" Sunggyu said.

"Start what?" she said.

"Bring it in guys!"

"Wait start what? What are you doing?"

Woohyun and L entered the room with a cake. Then we all started to sing:

Sengil chook ha hamni da! 

Sengil chook ha hamni da!

Sarang hanuen Mi-Sun-shi!!

Sengil chook ha hamni da!

"Aw guys, you shouldn't have!!" she said.

"Make a wish." L said as he place it down."

Mi-Sun closed her eyes, then blew out the candles.

"What did you wish for?" I asked.

"Nope, I'm not saying anything" she said.

"Aw, why not?" Sungjong whined.

"Because if I tell you then it wont come true. If it was a wish that I knew that probably wont happen, then I tell you, but I really want this wish to come true,"

When Mi-Sun said that, I really wondered what her wish for. We all tried to make her tell but, one things for sure, she's a tough nut to crack.

"Yah, everyone stop it. No matter what you guys do I'm not going to tell." Mi-Sun said.

And at that, we all just left her alone. After all it was her wish, but still, what did she wish for. We left the restaurant and we decided to go home. Mi-Sun wanted to eat the cake later on. Plus she wanted to take a picture of it. At that Woohyun was about to eat some, just as a joke, but Mi-Sun started to yell at him which scared us all. We've never seen her that mad before. In fact we never thought it was possible for her to be mad. We all thought Mi-Sun was just a happy person all the time.

"Looks can fool you." She said.

When we all got to the dorm, we just sat in silence for awhile. It was kind of awkward. No one had anything to say. It was probably because we were all tried. At this time, I couldn't even think about sleeping right now. I was actually trying to figure out how I was going to finally tell Mi-Sun that I love her. I almost did...two time. This morning and this afternoon. In the mourning, okay at that point I guess you can call it practice for future reference...but in the afternoon...that should of been my chance. I didn't even mean to make it deal or anything. Words were just coming out of my mouth. I still want to know who she loves though. It's killing me. What if she really does love someone else? If that's the case, I better tell her sooner then later. I just hope I don't fail this third time....