Chapter 1

Love or Respect

Mi-Sun POV

Ever get a feeling when every one hate you? It was my first day of school and I already had that feeling. Right when I stepped into the halls of my high school, other students gave me the stink eye. I was like 'what did I do?' Was it because I left Korea for the states? Or was it because they just plain hate me? The feeling bothered me a little but all I did was smile and act like nothing happened. That was my reputation at school. I never frowned or made angry faces. The only expression I gave was always a smile. Since then, everyone knew that I can't get mad or even be sad.

But that's not the reason why I hate my life. When I told my friend, Mi-Young, I was coming back to Korea, she had put my name in a drawing at my school without even telling me. The prize was to hang out with an idol group over spring break. Why am I making this a big deal? Well first off, Mi-Young didn't even tell me and second I don't even know this idol group. The only groups I know were Big Bang, Beast, and SHINee but the group I was going to hang out with was completely new to me... so I can't really say I hate them. What I can say is that Mi-young better sleep with one eye open every night till spring break is over. Yes...I can be evil like that.


So here I am, after school, in front of campus, spring break starting now, waiting for that idol group to come. Everyone is still starring at me and giving me their versions of "the look" and you can guess what I'm doing. That's right. My stupid facial expression that I have to use for the rest of my school year. Joy...To...The world. Anyways it's been half an hour and I could of been home by now... enjoying a nice book or writing a story in a private place I like to call: my room. Yes... my room, the only place I can show other emotions instead of my stupid smile. This idol group better be worth hanging out with...

After waiting another forty minutes, I set off like a ticking bomb. "That's it! I've waited long enough! I don't care if they're idols!!"  I started to walk home till I bumped into someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. I wasn't-"

"It's alright. No harm done. Are you okay?" All I did was nod my head, not taking my eyes off the guy as he spoke to me. "I'm actually looking for someone... do you by any chance know Lee Mi-sun?"

My eyes widen but I managed not to get too excited. "Actually... I'm Lee Mi-Sun..." I gave a shy smile.

"Y-You are? Oh than it should be me who should be saying sorry..."

"Excuse me?"

The guy removed his sunglasses and hood. "My name is Kim Sunggyu, leader of Infinite, the group you will be hanging out with. On the behalf of me and my other members, we are so sorry for making you wait so long. We didn't even realize were running late.." 

I looked into his eyes and I could tell he was begging for my forgiveness. Man so mature, well he is the oldest of the group. "Alright Mature One I'll forgive you. and your members as well..."

"What did you call me?"

"Mature One...why don't like?"

"Well I didn't say that... but why that name?"

"I can't keep calling you Sunggyu-oppa all the time...it would get boring...know what I mean?"

"You think I'm...mature?"

"You're the oldest and leader of the group...don't you have to be? And speaking of group, where are the other members? Shouldn't it have been all of you picking me up from school?"

"Yeah, I see your point... and like I said we were running late...Now come on the others are waiting back at home."

Sunggyu led me to the van and I was introduced to Inifinite's manager. As we drove to their dorm I noticed it was the same way to my apartment. It turned out (and this was just a wild guess) Infinite was my neighbor. I, honestly, if I had the address, could of just walked there, instead of waiting for an hour and ten minutes for the leader of the group to come pick me up. And it was just one member...not all of them. All that waiting for just one member to come. When I told Sunggyu I lived next door, he joked that I could of just walked myself. I was going to say something but all I did was give a smile. We went up to the front porch and Sunggyu looked at  me.

"Now before we go in, I have to worn you...the other members are not like me as, as what you call me mature. They're a little...crazy..."

"Don't worry. I've been through crazy before." I laughed. "I think I can handle whatever is in there"

"Okay... if you think you can handle it."

"Stop worrying Mature One. I'll be fine."

Little did I know I was about to get myself into all sorts of trouble.