Chapter 3

Love or Respect

Mi-Sun POV

"Now that's out of the way...what do we do now?" I asked.

"We could just talk. I'm actually pretty curious what your life was like in the states." Sunggyu said.

"Yeah, I want to hear about that too. Come on, Sunshine, tell us your story!" Sungjong  pleaded. The rest of the members nodded their heads and said they wanted to hear it as well.

"Fine, fine" I said. "But I'm going to start from the beginning."

And yes from the way beginning. My life started in Korea. I was born an raised here till I was seven years old. Before I turned eight, my father's job transferred him to the states. I was forced to leave my childhood memories to a placed I thought it was hell. After three years living in the states, I had no problems. Seven years later, a fire had taken place at my father's work. There were over fifty deaths and my father was one of them. Because we were only living in the states for his job, we no longer had the choice to go back to Korea. It's been over six months since that faithful day had happened. My mom and I had to leave two of my sisters who were studying in the states so that they could keep their education.

I had finished my story and tears started to fill my eyes. I tried my best to hold it, but the thought of my father gone, had completely took over me.

"I-I'm sorry..please excuse me but the thought of my father... i-it...it just... it makes me...I'm sorry..."

L, who was closer to me, came over to give me comfort. "It's alright. Just let it all out. There's no need to cry."

"Yeah Sunshine, We're right here for you." Sungjong said. The others nodded.

"T-Thanks guys...I-It really means a lot." I sniffed.

"This calls for group hug!" Dongwoo said.

I started to refuse at first, but they had already came over. Then again these guys really did have their support. After few minutes in the hug, I said , "Okay... Guys... You're kind of ...squishing me..."

"Oh sorry about that." they all said. We all started to laugh. Then my smile reappeared on my face and thought "Boy this is going to be one interesting spring"

The last two hours before going home were either weird or fun. We played games and I got to know more of each of the members. Woohyun must of really wanted to be called the Cute One because he kept showing me his aegyo and, of course, Sungjong would have an argument, but Sunggyu would stop them from getting it out of hand. Dongwoo couldn't stop laughing, (boy he's a laughing box) which me laugh as well. If you heard it, you laugh no matter what mood you're in. L tried to make conversation with me but it was kind of awkward. Sungyeol kept asking me questions that didn't make any sense. Sometimes I wonder if calling the the Childish One was the right thing to do. Hoya, on the other hand, was sort of the calm one at that point. He seemed to be the most normal one out of the group. He wasn't too crazy but not really quiet. I kept my distance to make sure that shock didn't come again, but no matter how far I was, whenever I looked at him, it would come back and strike.

I looked up at the window and prayed "Please God, don't make me fall in love with any idol... No matter how badly I want it"

When it turned 7:45, I told the guys I had to go but it seemed they didn't want me to leave

"Wait Mi-Sun, let us have your number at least." Sungjong said.

"Yeah and we'll give you ours" Sung yeol added.

I smiled and gave them each my number. When I finished I said goodbye and headed home, but as I was walking, I heard footsteps. I turned around and saw Hoya standing in front of me. "Yah! Talented One, why are you following me? I just live next door..."

"I know but it's kind of dark out here. Even when it's this late, you shouldn't walk alone." he said.

"But I'll be okay. Like I said I just live-"

"Oh I don't think so. I don't care how short the distance is. Besides I'm already out here. I'm not going to waste it"

I couldn't come up with an arguement so I let him walk with me. Not that I didn't mind but it was a short distance, maybe like forty footsteps away. As we were walking, he put his arm around me. I blushed a little, but i hid my face so he wouldn't notice, even if it was dark out. We took our time because of the distance and I got to talk to him more. It must of been a long conversation since we took like 20 minutes to get to my place.

We reached the front porch and I turned to Hoya. "Thanks for walking me home"

"No problem" he smiled.

"I had a great time on my first day of hanging out with you guys. It was fun"

"Well, look forward for tomorrow. We have something planned for you."

"Don't worry. I will. Goodnight "

"Hey, wait a minute Mi-Sun. Promise me something will ya..."

"What is it?"

"If you have any problems, call me or text me first. I mean it"

I nodded and went inside. My heart was pounding again. What does this mean? I shook it off and got ready for bed. It was 8:20 and my mother was still working. Ever since we came back to Korea, she's been working double shifts. I asked her if I should get a job but my mother, stubborn as she is, keeps saying I shouldn't. Even she works two shifts, my two youngest sisters, who are a year younger than me and are twins, have jobs. So I'm usually home alone around bedtime. I didn't like the idea at first but I just got use to it. Plus at times I feel useless since I'm the only one who's not working for money.

When 10:30 struck, I turned off my lamp and tried to fall asleep. I tossed and turned and I couldn't close my eyes for a second. What was wrong with me? Another half hour passed by and i still couldn't sleep. I grabbed my phone but hesitated a little.Was I really going to text him this late at night? He did say to contact him first if I had any problems so...

Me- Oppa, I can't sleep, are you up?

Wait a minute did I just call him "oppa"? Oh no...

Hoya- Well Sunshine I am now. Everything okay?

Me- I don't know.. I just need to talk to someone...

Hoya- are you lonely?

Me- Just a little...

Hoya- Do you want me to come over?

Me- No its okay. I just need help getting some sleep

Hoya- You have a lot on your mind then.

Me- Yeah... I might :(

Hoya- Oh don't frown. A smile suites you better. It really does.

Me- Talented One stop it. You're embarrassing me XP

Hoya- LOL! But its true! Your smile is so cute. ^.^

After reading that text, I didn't really know what to say. I also had a lot of questions. Why am I texting him? Why am I getting shocks when I look at him? Most importantly "Why is he being so nice to me?" I must of been in deep thought because my phone buzzed again.

Hoya- Are you sleeping now?

Me- No... I was just thinking but I'm still not tired yet...

Hoya- Really... I knew you say that

Me- sorry oppa....

I called him oppa again?!?!?!

Hoya- Don't be, but we both need to get some rest for tomorrow.

Me- What should I do?

Hoya-Don't worry. I'll sing you a lullaby.

Me- How are you going to do that?

Hoya- I'll record it on my phone and send it to you

Me- What if it doesn't work?

Hoya- Just empty your mind and listen to it. Sweet dreams ;)

Me- Alright good night. :)

I waited for two minutes and my phone started to buzz again. I played the song and emptied my mind like Hoya said. As I was listening to his voice, I somehow got a picture of him singing it me in person. My eyes started to close. I wanted to listen to it more but before I knew it, that vision turned into a dream.