Chapter 17

Love or Respect

Mi-Sun POV

After listening to Hoya's confession, I just had to skip dinner. There was just no way I was going to face my sisters after that scene. I locked myself in my room and didn't come out. I just ready for bed and kept quiet. It wasn't till after a few minutes that I just wanted to talk to someone. I hesitated to get my phone. Should I text him or not? I want to but... he might think it's my answer. Was it worth it? He did say to contact him whenever I had a problem so...

I grabbed my phone and started the conversation, but it was just my luck... When Hoya had replayed back, Chun-Hei wanted to come into my room. I could of just said no but when Chun-Hei wants to come in, you don't argue with her. I was scared that she was going to go through my messages so I just looked around my room to think of something to just continue the conversation. Then I saw Hoya's sunglasses ( I didn't even realize that I still had them). I was freaking out so I just put my phone under my pillow. When Chun-Hei came in, she asked me if I was texting anyone.

"Anio. Really I'm not." I told her. But my cover was blown when my phone started to ring.

"You weirdo. End the conversation soon, before I make you. I don't care who it is. You need rest. Besides you shouldn't have skipped dinner. I'll let this one slide just this once. Be in bed by 11, okay?" Chung-Hei then left.

I sighed and got my phone back. I now had forgotten what I was going to say. I sure wasn't going to tell him that I love him, not yet anyway... After the last text Hoya had sent, I didn't feel like texting him anymore. I wanted to but there was just nothing to say. I just kept replaying what he had said to me.

"It's you Mi-Sun. I'm in love with you."

He loves me. All this time I thought he was in love with me. I was sure wrong. I wish I can love him back but I still have my father's promise. Why can't I respect my father and love Hoya at the same time? It's so frustrating. I suddenly feel like my scale was leaning towards my love for Hoya. I guess it's best that I tell him the truth. I'll tell him somehow. I just have to tell him before spring break is over and that's really soon.

I was about to turn off my light till Eun-Mi came into my room.

"Hey Creative One. You've been awfully quiet ever since you got home. Everything okay?"

"Just a long day is all..." I sighed.

"Well it sure looks like it." Eun-Mi sat beside me. "Something on your mind?"

"Um a little...are you willing to listen?"

"I don't know about "willing" but you know I'm here for you."

"How did you know when it was time to break father's promise?"

"You're still on that?"

"Maybe...but... I just been confused lately."

"Ah I see, between love and respect right?" I nodded and Eun-Mi let out a little laugh. "Yeah I was in that type of situation too."

"Why did you choose love over respect?"

"Well for one thing, it was really hard to choose. Like you, I didn't know if breaking the promise was even allowed. Sometime I regret the decision I made. I know if father was still alive he be furious, but you know why how I know I had made the right choice?"

I shook my head.

"Father said he wanted us to have a happy life. And being with Yoseob makes me happy. Father wouldn't want us to be sad would he?"

"I think I get it now."

"Good. And look Mi-Sun being happy is what father wants from you. It's even worth breaking the promise even if you don't want too." Eun-Mi got up and walked to the door.

"Wait Eun-Mi. One more thing... did... you visit mother? How is she?"

She sighed. "Well what I can say is that thanks to you, she would be dead right now but she's hanging in there so there might be a chance she might... you know. Anyhow, get some rest. You got another long day ahead."

I got into bed and Eun-Mi turned off my light. I was thinking about my mother who had been in the hospital for I don't know how long. Was it really a week ago when that building was on fire and I had to go in there just to save her and that I was in a coma? I have yet to see my own mother, which is bothering me now because I want to know how she is. I then switched to the subject about my father. He only wanted me to be happy. So why the heck did he make me do that promise in a first place? Now I really don't care about the promise anymore. I love Hoya and that's that. I should of listened to those shocks before hand. I thought they were just nerves acting up. Well I made my decision. Hoya, I'm ready to answer you...but will I make it in time...