The 'Date'

Mend My Heart

Bo Young ran to the coffee shop that Ha Neul was waiting for her. She was in a big hurry and quickly looked at herself in the compacted mirror before entering.

Oh my look at this. I have so much dark circles, didn’t even apply my makeup correctly. The night before the experiment date, Bo Young couldn’t fall asleep. Ha Neul’s child-like smile was imprinted in her head. The night after the festival kept replaying.

He took her home. The whole ride was silent. No one was talking, just awkward silence.

“So, what do you like to eat?” Ha Neul interrupted the silence.

“Food.”

“Just food?”

“Of course, food is precious, you should value it.”

Ha Neul was silent. Did I say something wrong? No, why should I be scared? He wanted to be my friend. Show him, Bo Young. Show him.

“What about you?” Bo Young asked.

“Roasted sweet potato with Kimchi.”

“Why?”

“Someone once told me to try it and it was a really good combination. You should try it too.”

Someone? Who could it be?

“Don’t worry, it’s not my girlfriend.” He added as if he read her thoughts. Bo Young looked away and blushed.

“I didn’t ask.”

“But you were wondering.” He cheekily smiled. Aigoo look at him. So cheeky, don’t smile like that. Bo Young turned to face the front.

“Make a left turn here.” He turned and stopped as they arrived at her front door. He got out of the car before she could and opened the door for her. Before she walked in, she thank him. He told her to wait and ran to open the back door and took out a bouquet of yellow roses.

“Here,” he handed them to her.

“Why?”

“A symbol of our friendship. I heard that women are very particular about the color so here you go. Yellow roses.” Bo Young held onto the yellow bouquet and was astounded. “Then, have a good night.” He said before leaning on his car.

“Aren’t you going to leave?” She asked.

“I am, after you go in.” Her face flushed pink and quickly went inside. Her heart beated fast as she closed the gate door and leaned there. How can he be so hot and cool about it?

Flash back to the present

Bo Young quickly applied the cream and was heading inside - thmp!

Bo Young hit the glass door and almost fell back. Ha Neul was waving at her and cringe in pain as he saw her rubbed her face. That must have hurted a lot. She embarrassingly came in and sat across from him.

“The doors are really clean.”

“Ah yes, I know right,” Ha Neul added as he had also did the same thing before arriving. “What would you like to drink?”

“Kiwi juice please.”

Ha Neul and Bo Young chatted about the ‘date’. The waiter came back with her drink and looked at the matching couple. “We have a special coupon for couples this month for the upcoming white day. There will be a café concert outside.” The waiter handed them a coupon and walked away. They were astonished. Were that noticeable? Duh, they were dressed in the same outfit and accessories. Same phone case, same everything. It’s obviously screaming, ‘COUPLE.’

They gathered their things and strolled the streets. As they were walking side by side there was a big crowd that pushed them back and forth. Ha Neul quickly stood behind her and covered her around with his arms to prevent someone to random touch her. Bo Young blushed as she felt him cover her.

Ha Neul’s heart jumped wildly but tried to prevent other men from getting in the least contact with her.

They were in that position until they went past the crowd was when Ha Neul finally let go of her. They turned away shyly but continued walking.

“Where should we go first?” Ha Neul asked. They entered the amusement park at Lotte World.

Bo Young grabbed him toward the long line. Realizing where they were going, Ha Neul tried to run back but Bo Young hit him and kept dragging him. That continued back and forth until she grabbed the back of his collar t-shirt and dragged him away.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” Ha Neul screamed as the roller coaster dropped with high speed. “OMMMMAAAAA!”

Bo Young was having an amazing time while he was in hell, almost passing out. After the Batman ride, they got on the Pirate ship that Bo Young hated. She kept trying to run back but he kept pushing her forward. They bickered and bickered until they got on.

“AaaaHHHHH!” Bo Young screeched as they glided higher and higher. Ha Neul was really happy and excited. After the boat spinned for a few rounds, Bo Young’s voice croaked. “Oppa, we need to get off~!”

“Why?”

“I have to~~!”

“What?”

“I need to puke!”

“Wait what?!” He looked over at the already mouthful Bo Young. “Yah Bo Young-ah, don’t puke, don’t puke! Hold it in! Stop! Stop the ride! We have emergency here!” He panicked and the ride was halted as they both ran out. After puking and washing for more than ten times, they were back to date mode. They ran back and forth with the snacks and drinks. Screams and laughter filled every ride they went on.

Bo Young looked around the dark path as she and Ha Neul got separated during the ‘ghost’ appeared in the haunted house.

“Ha Neul-ah~” She looked around. The monster music crept behind her as the hair on her back spiked up. “Yah~. I know you’re here.” She tried to toughen up but jumped at the slightest sound of a scream. She stepped on a soft slime and screamed when she looked down to see a fake mouse at her feet.

“Boo!”

“AH!” She turned around and her flash light hit Ha Neul who was pretending to be a ghost.