Last Dance

Mend My Heart

Eunji dressed in a light beige dress adorned with jewels on the tops and her loose curled hair with a sparkly hair clip. The space was boundless, to say it was sparkly yet elegant to the nines. She takes the cup of champagne with her mother by her side. They greeted the various guest that were also invited.

Though she was all smiles, a part of her impatiently looked for In Guk’s shadow as the night started. Every guest held a high position from various industries.

A hand slightly touches her waist, making her turn around. Her eyes gleamed with joy as In Guk stood beside her in his tuxedo.

“Oppa, when did you get here?”

“Just now,” he looks at her with a big smile, making his eyes smile, “You are very beautiful tonight.”

Her mother sees him and joins them. Ha Neul arrived minutes after and waited patiently as he discussed business with the President of YK Group. They were impressed with his idea from promotion event for White Day, causing a high increase in profit for SBS and its shareholders.

The doors open and he had to take a double take to check the scene before his eyes. Bo Young entered in a flowy, strapless, -peach dress accessorized with a simple silver belt and clutch along with her hair in a low, curled ponytail.

Because of the height of the heels she wore, he was afraid she would fall but she handled it perfectly. He was wowed by her.

Making her way in the room, by herself, she greets President of YK who made his way to greet her, causing those around them to glance at her.

“It is an honor to see you here Miss Park.”

“Not at all President Yi, it is an honor to be able to join your event.” She curtseys and looks up as hers and Ha Neul’s eyes met. The only daughter of Gem Entertainment and Enterprise was here. The well-known prodigy, intelligent, and young lady caught many stares. Not many know her but those who do held her in high prestige.

The event begins as they sat around the stage of the auctioned items.

Bo Young sat in her circle of business partners as In Guk and Ha Neul sat in one table and Eunji sat by her mother and the older ladies. Ha Neul would find himself staring at Bo Young every now and then as she chatted with her business partners and potential business contracts. She was introduced to each party.

It was then that he got a bit jealous, noticing President Yi whispering close to her ear. When she would chuckle or even let out a smile, he wanted to pinch those plump cheeks into flat pans. She was adorable.

With each round, a big amount of money was bid and a treasure bought. It was until the later time when the auction of items of completed. It was a special bonus.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, as a courtesy of everyone joining the special event for tonight, I would like to propose a special action.” He raises his hand towards Bo Young’s table. “Thanks to the generosity of Gem Entertainment, YK Group has been successful since the beginning and thanks to everyone who participated in our auction. Everyone, feel free to celebrate the night away.”

Ha Neul’s heart skipped a beat when he noticed the men in the crowd excitedly readies themselves as the auction ends and the entertainment continues.

Striding toward her table, he made sure to interrupt President Yi from getting to close to her. Taking out his hand, “May I?” he asked.

With one smile, she takes his hand and off they glide to the dancefloor. Soft piano played as the lights dimmed. One hand on her waist and the other holding her hand, he looks down at the young lady in the flowy, strapless dress.

“So beautiful,” he complimented her. She blushed slightly before replying.

“So are you, handsome and clean.”

“If I had known you were going to wear that, I would have escorted you myself,” he almost complains.

“I am not a child,” she retorts but the smile did not disappear. Instead, they moved closer without noticing, their bodies so close, touching slightly.

It was until his breath brushed her cheek that she looked up at him once more. The light that they stood under made him undeniably stunning. She could dance with him all night. No one in the background matter, no matter how many other people danced around them, the emotions from their eyes oozed with such pure innocence of a blossoming love.

“Bo Young,” her name softly escapes his lips.

“Yes?” she replies with as much curiosity as nervousness building inside her chest.

His eyes pierced faintly into her soul. She had never felt this way before but the magnetizing attraction to him was too real. Her cheeks blushed red when he leans closer. Shy, she wanted to stop him but at the same time, she wanted this moment to last.

Their faces were inches apart, their lips close as their hot breaths brushed against one another.

The music suddenly ended, causing them to be drifted back to the scene. They were in front of many people. Luckily, everyone was minding their own business, or were they? They carefully remove themselves from the dance floor, still flushed from the occurrence.

Taking a drink, she recovers and turns around for dessert when she stumbles into you-know-who.

In Guk, cold and distant, stared at her blankly. She moved to the side but he kept his eyes on her. Agitated, she tries to walk past him but he gets in her way. Reaching his hand out,

“A dance?”

She almost chokes but bites her tongue. “Thank you truly, but unfortunately I would have to decline this one.” She tries to excuse herself but, man, he was resistant.

“Why? You had no trouble dancing with my partner. Is it because you don’t like me, Miss Park?”

Internally rolling her eyes, she calmly gazes at him, “I only dance with those I am familiar with.”

“Oh,” he smirks, “Then is another reason why I must request for this dance from you.”

“What is going on here?” President Yi comes along.

“Nothing much,” Bo Young keeps calm but she could tell, she disliked this man very much. No, she despised him, Seo In Guk. Not only did he rudely grab her at their first meeting and commanded her to leave, he rudely called her out as incompetent when his girlfriend got injured, opposing her at every business meeting; he had the audacity to publicly asked her for a dance in front of all these people.

If she rejects him again, he will cause a scene, something she surely does not want as her first official outing. Reluctantly, she kept her polite, fake, smile with killer eyes.

“I would have to bother you then, my dancing skills are not so well.”

“No problem,” In Guk replied, satisfied of getting things done his way.

Off they go to the dance floor.

Keeping her distance, Bo Young take his hand as he slightly placed his hand on her waist. Another soft melody plays out as the lights were still dimmed and given to each area. She turns to glance at the side, not seeing Ha Neul.

“That is very rude of you, Miss Park,” just the sound of his voice caused her such irritation. She looks up at him. For the first time, she carefully glanced at him. Although he was tall, he had pore less skin that gives him an edgy look with the mole on his cheek. His hair was not gel slick, perhaps moussed.

Bo Young quickly waves the images out of her mind. Why would she care to think about his looks? He’s not as tall as Ha Neul anyways.

“Constantly staring at someone you are not familiar with is not so mannerly, Miss Park.”

Gritting her teeth, here, another reason why she should avoid him. With her 5 inch heels, she steps on his feet, making him scowl instantly, the smirk wiped off his face.

“Oops, I am so sorry,” she ‘apologized’half-heartedly. Gnashing his teeth, he could only fake a smile.

“It’s alright, after all, I figure the Park’s daughter is only good at music and critiquing business. A little misstep won’t affect me.”

Bo Young kept her smile. “Oh, yes, that is quite true. I am not a great dancer, do forgive me if I accidentally step on your feet, Director Seo.” With that remark, another step made him bit his lip.

He almost hissed as his brows twitch.

“Oh, what do I do? I didn’t mean to.” She mutters another apology as the concern on her face fades quickly into a big smile.

He knew she was up to know good. Her feet would occasionally step on his though he tried to avoid it.

“Miss Park, you do know that I am not blind right?” he hissed under his breath with her last step that probably cause his toe to bruise.

“What do you mean?” she innocently asked. With him stepping back as the dance routine, he new she was going to take that opportunity to step on his poor toes again. He hurriedly skips the backward step and stepped forward, pulling her waist closer to avoid her high heel.

By doing so, their bodies touched as she was drawn into his chest. Almost losing her footing, she held him for support.

It was then, a familiar scent of his ring in her mind. Looking up, their nose touched.

What is this?

The way he looked at her, off guard, unlike his usual smirks and distant rudeness was… uncomfortably fluttering.

Such a gaze she found to be charming.

The music ends as they were stuck on the dancefloor, in the moment of expectance. They were the only two left on the dancefloor when they finally parted, realizing what it seems like to the others.

Bo Young excused herself to the restroom as she noticed by the sideline, staring at them. It was undeniable, the hurt in his eyes as he watches them without moving. Remorse and guilt took over her as she sees him quickly hides his pain.

Entering the washroom, she washes her hand, taking a deep breath. What was that just now?

“Crazy man.” She muttered as she clears her mind to go back.

Re-entering the ball area, she looked for Ha Neul. It was getting late and she decided to return but not without explaining to him. He was nowhere found.

Carefully making her way through the crowd, she stops as the mention of her name came from behind.

“I see, it is you,” a female voice sounded.

A young lady dressed in a loosely embroidered white dress with a sleeveless, low v-cut and hair curled down measures. She was tall, well, taller than her by a few inches. Bo Young didn’t seem faze though.

The young lady stepped forward and continued to size up Bo Young, her eyes seemingly snide. A smile appears.

“It seems, you have changed a bit but I can still recognize you. After all, a murderer will always look like one no matter how many diamonds one tries to cover themselves in.”

“Murderer?” Bo Young repeated then a grin appeared. “If we are speaking of identity, I think you should know who you are first?”

The young lady scoffs, amused. “I,” she puts the her hair behind her ear as she steps closer, “am embarrassed for you, Bo Young. You are still the thick-face wrench you were before. Just because you dress yourselves in a nice dress and attend a VIP event does not erase every bit about you here.

Actually, I don’t know how you got here and I don’t want to know either. Whether it is selling your body or entertaining old men-“

“Excuse me?” Bo Young slightly raised her voice.

“Tch~” the young lady brushes her hair behind her ear once again before stepping closer. “You are excused, Jo Bo Young.” Her eyes glared angrily at her, “If I ever see you or near my sister or my brother-in-law again, I’ll make sure you rot in hell.”

Bo Young frowned. Jo Bo Young again?

“I think you are mistaken,” she kept her cool. “I am not and do not know of anyone with the name of Jo Bo Young that looks like me.”

“Yah-“

“If you apologize, I’ll think of it as nothing,” Bo Young stepped even closer. “Since we are strangers and I have never seen you in my life.”

The young lady scoff, raising her hand to push Bo Young-

“So Min,” Eunji stops her, trying to not get the attention of the crowd. “What are you doing?”

“Unnie, are you defending her?” the young lady was annoyed.

Eunji noticed how Bo Young crossed her arm across her chest, her gaze darkening as she stares at So Min. Pulling her back, “I apologize for my little sister’s attitude.”

Bo Young kept her eyes on So Min. “I see, she’s your little sister.”

So Min rolled her eyes and stepped forwards again until her mother came into view. “What’s wrong?”

Upon seeing Bo Young’s face, Eunji’s mother froze, shocked. “Y-You- Why are you-“ she was in utter shock. “How did you get in here?”

Bo Young sharply exhales. “What do you mean?”

“How dare you stand before me with that foul mouth of yours!?” a loud slap sounds in the room, causing gasps and immediate silence. Eunji’s mother was trembling with rage. “You!” she pointed at Bo Young.

The sharp sting on her face numbed out as she recovered. Touching her cheek, she felt it swell.

Eunji tries to hold back her mother as So Min rubs her back whilst glaring at Bo Young.

President Yi appears, aghast to what has happened. He quickly checks the situation. “Miss-“ he sees the hand print on her cheek. “Madam Jung!” he tries to calm the situation.

“Years ago, I took pity on you even after you harmed by precious daughter. How dare you show yourself in front of me so shamelessly you wrench!”

Bo Young’s eyes had darkened dangerously. Keeping her keen eyes narrowed at the trio, she moved closer. “Madam Jung, correct?” she turns to President Yi. He nods in response. “Which group?”

“S Group,” he replied.

Bo Young nodded as she carefully mesmerized Madam Jung’s face. “Madam Jung…” she bitterly spoke. “I’ll see you in court.” With those words, she turned around swiftly and left the event without looking back.

Madam Jung was too enraged, she almost fainted as President nervously made a fuss.

***

Her fist tightens and her grip on her cutch squeezed tightly as she made her way towards the entrance to wait for her car. Her cheek had swell pink and the numbing sting only multiply her fury.

She continues to walk down the hall until she almost trips over as her shoe gets stuck in the gap of the floor tiles. Huffing angrily now, she had no patience. Forcefully, she yanks the shoe out only to stumble as the heel broke.

Indignation stirred inside her as she throws off the shoe. Striding barefoot, she takes out her phone.

“Secretary Lee, inform my lawyer to call me immediately and meet me tomorrow first thing in the morning.” She hanged up as she mustered every ounce of strength to not slam her phone. Standing by the entrance for her car, she crossed her arms.

Who was this ‘Jo Bo Young’? the fresh memory of the slap imprinted on her mind, seething. She takes a deep breath. It had come to this point and she will get to the bottom of it!

Bo Young look up at In Guk as he put his blazer on her shoulders. She vividly sees a part of his face dark and angry while the other was soft.

“Go home.” he said coldly. She only stare at him. He was about to walk away.

“Who are you?” In Guk stopped, freezing at the tone of her voice. “Why are you always mean to me? What did I ever do to you?”

In Guk turn around and stare at her. “I don’t know what you’re saying.”

She stepped up to him. “I see it in your eyes, the way you always look at me. Your eyes piercing, full of hatred and disgust. Especially just now. Just what did I do to you?”

His face darkens as he stepped forward. He stopped as the distance between them shorten, one more step and their body would touch.

“Nothing.” he answered.

“Give me a reason at least. Give me a reason so I can prevent us from seeing each other again.”

“Then disappear.” In Guk looked straight at her with his gaze unchanging. “Don’t ever come back. Leave!”

*Flash*

“Leave! Don’t ever let me see your face ever again.”

*Flash*

Bo Young stopped as she regains a memory. She almost held her breath. Those words, so familiar yet so painful.

“Can you do that?” he asked, his face soften but resumes the cold stare before walking away.

Hot tears of frustration, unknowingly, rush down her face. Each step he took shatter a piece of her. Unstable, her head started throbbing. She wanted to collapse but her legs won’t give way. Memories rush back to her, terrifying.

*Flashback to past memories*

A youthful Bo Young was crying as she walked a dark streetlight path alone.

She slapped Eun Ji as she and In Guk were holding hands in front of her.

An elderly woman scolding her… In Guk’s mom, throws an envelope on the table.

Eun Ji and her stood face to face, on top of a cliff. Eun Ji falls down cliff, leaving Bo Young alone looking down at Eun Ji shock. Bo Young reaches down her hand, hand slips and Eun Ji falls down to deep waters.

*Flashback to Present*

Bo Young held her head as the throb sharpens. Suddenly she felt so helpless, so small, so scared. What did she do? What did she do to Eun Ji? Who was she? She crouches down, covering her ear as inaudible noises reoccur.

Footsteps rush towards her. Ha Neul stood a couple of steps before her, slowly approaching.

Tears begin to shed down her cheeks, an unidentified amount of pain and confusion hit her.

Bo Young looks up at Ha Neul. “What have I done?” Her voice cracks as she slowly stands up. She walked up to him. “What is my relationship with you people? Just why?!-”

Fear and hesitation took over as she gaze at her. Her pink, swollen cheek mark with a handprint, the gleaming fresh tears, and the raw anger let him see red.

“Tell me?!-“

His silence took over before he spoke. “You were Jo Bo Young… the girl who was in a relationship with Seo In Guk.” Bull’s eye.

Her lips tremble as she stood up slowly. “Relationship? So you’re telling me that… I was the other girl?” She huffed in disbelief. “I… I’m speechless.” She gulped and try to piece the broken memories together. “I can’t be Jo Bo Young. I am Park Bo Young!”

In the memories, In Guk was mad at her, never once had she seen him smile happily. So she was the one that wanted to ruin their relationship. She was… a bad person.

“Bo Young-ah,” he steps closer, “Let’s leave.”

“Don’t come any closer.” She almost shouts. “Stay away from me.”

“I-“

“You courted me with ulterior moves.” Her voice came out harsh as she spoke through bitter tears that are now drying. “You-“ she inhales sharply, “I’m breaking up with you.” She turns around to her car, locking it as the driver drives away.

Ha Neul stood in the entrance, frozen. He couldn’t say anything. Anger built up in his mind as his hand curls up in a fist. Tears begin to form in his pink eyes as he glances back to the blazer that had fallen on the floor.

He turns around and marches to the parking lot. Finding the person he was looking for, he pulls him by the shoulder and swings a punch, one so powerful, the man falls on the ground with his lip busted.

Ha Neul glared at him, huffing as his face was beet red. “I warned you didn’t I?”

In Guk touched his bloody lip as he glares at Ha Neul. Standing up he wipes away the blood with his sleeve. In Guk approached him and yanked him by the collar.

“You lied to me.”

Ha Neul also grabbed his collar, the two men growling at each other.

“Park Bo Young is Jo Bo Young.” In Guk grit his teeth. “She got into a bus crash four years ago after the ‘incident’ that left Eunji almost in a fatal state. She is Jo Bo Young.”

Ha Neul curls his fist once more as his body trembles.

********************************************************************************************************

Double update! Yeah!