Live Show

Mend My Heart

The day if the live show has arrived. Many fans and reporters were at the show. It garnered much attention and tickets were sold out. People of various ages came into the auditorium. Everyone was really excited to see their oppas and the fanboys were stirring in the audience with the big signs they made.

Eun Ji was busy texting In Guk, to make sure he attends the event. It’s been a while since they met.

Gukkie: Oppa, make sure to come today. You have to come today.

Mine <3 : Of course I will. Don’t worry so much. Concentrate and work hard. Hwaiting my love!

Eun Ji smiled crazily to herself. In Guk always showed her much attention and love. He is a great singer, always teaching the right way to sing and express her expressions. She wants to show him how much a good singer she has become. She brushed her hair and touched up any makeup before going out to her group. They were dressed in white dresses.

Bo Young was busy coordinating with the sound room with the camera broadcasts. She contacted Coordinator Jo through the headphone radio who was behind the stage. Ha Neul came to work on backstage with the shopping merchandise for the bands and audiences. K Group has great influences in the show too.

Despite the busy event, Bo Young wore a yellow-orange floral dress that suited her darker brown hair color in soft curls.

The opening group was 2pm’s Hands up. The crowd hyped in rhythm. Lights could be seen glowing in the dark auditorium other than the stage lights.

It was Apink’s turn to perform ‘No no no’. The fan boys cheered wildly. In Guk who was in the front row audience cheered with them back and forth. Eun Ji caught sight of him and energetically dance and sang. He was singing along with her. After the song ended, other bands continued.

After CL’s Hello B*tches single song, it was almost time for Eun Ji’s turn. She was still getting ready quickly, changing her clothes and a little more make up. She changed into a yellow attire.

“Eun Ji-ssi, your performance is next.”

“Nneh.” She answered and made her way out to the restroom before going out. She washed her hands and relaxed. She’s going to prove herself worthy of being a vocalist. As she opened the door, it was locked tight. She kept pulling it but it didn’t open.

“Excuse me, is someone out there? Hello? Is there anyone?” Eun Ji started banging on the door and tried to pull it open but it was no use. Someone had locked her in there to prevent her from going on stage.

Next was Eun Ji’s turn to sing. The music turned up with the sound of guitars playing. Bo Young was anticipating the appearance of Eun Ji but she was nowhere on stage. The instrumental went on for a while before they realized she wasn’t coming out. The fans started lowering down their voices in confusion. Where was the singer? Why is the instrumental so long?

“Coordinator Jo, where is Eun Ji-ssi?” Bo Young asked over the radio.

“I haven’t seen her around. Everyone is looking for her now.”

Bo Young exited the sound area and entered the backstage. Everything was a mess, the staffs were looking everywhere for Eun Ji but she was nowhere found. Bo Young ran into Ha Neul on the way to the Apink’s room.

“Opp- Director Kang, have you seen Jung Eun Ji?”

“I only saw her in the makeup room for Apink.” They split up to find her. Bo Young ran to Coordinator Jo who was yelling at everyone.

“How can you not know where she went?!” The Apink members were being scolded. Among the group, everyone was there except for Eun Ji.

“No news?” Bo Young came in. He just shook his head.

The other staffs garnered in the backstage area. “Sir, the fans are causing a big riot out there. We can’t continue to delay the song. Some even want to refund their tickets.”

Bo Young hustled her hair. “Coordinator Jo, we have to continue.”

“This is a live show, there cannot be a mistake.”

“That’s why we have to decide right now.” Bo Young scanned over the Apink group. She looked back at Coordinator Jo who only stared at her from head to toe. “What? We don’t have time for you to look at me like that.” But he kept staring at her.

“Producer Park, you know Younha’s songs, right?”

“What about it?” Bo Young was confused as his smile turned into a big grin.

******************************************************************************************

In Guk didn’t know what was going on. There was no one coming on stage. The dancers were standing around, trying to stay calm and continuously swaying around. He tried to call Eun Ji but her phone was off. He tried to call Ha Neul and he finally picked up.

“Ha Neul, where is Eun Ji?”

“You’re here?”

“She told me that she was singing after CL but why isn’t she coming out?”

“We are looking for her now.”

“What do you mean? Is she-“ the sudden dark stage stopped him. Everyone quiet own as they heard the sound of a solo guitar playing. The spot light pointed to the edge of the stage, a lady in a yellow-orange dress appeared with a guitar.

(Younha – The real reason We broke up)

The real reason why we broke up,
Do you know?
It probably has no meaning
to you right now

(In Guk dropped his phone his phone as he saw her. He couldn’t believe his eyes. After her disappearance for 4 years, she is now back. She’s standing in front of him, singing.)

The more I understood you the further you got

I tried to not get angry easily

The more we tried the more tedious our relationship got

(Bo Young nervously sang but something hit her heart. The lyrics touched her as she remembered the whole song. She had listened to it a couple of times, but never had she sang I before. It was a strong connection that made her heart painful. Ha Neul ran to the backstage as he heard Bo Young singing through In Guk’s phone from the stage.)

*
All you wanted was anticipation

The only time you really looked at me was in the beginning
There isn’t any real reason why we broke up
Just that you didn’t love me
There’s no other reason

(Eun Ji was trying to break down the door and shout but no one heard her as the music was too loud. She was in the bathroom at the end of the hall. Suddenly the faucet broke and water started splurging onto the floor.)

oh~
It’s just that you never loved me
oh~
Now everything is clear

verse 2)
The real reason why I loved you,
You probably don’t know
Because if you knew,
You wouldn’t have left me so easily

(In Guk froze and could not do or say anything. The words pierced straight into his heart.)

You dreamed of a new love
I dreamed of an everlasting love
Our perspectives were too different. * repeat

(Ha Neul was running to the stage when he heard a scream from the hall bathroom. He heard Eun Ji screaming and tried to kick the door open.)

**
Your and my love, which is written differently
Your and my last, which remains different
There’s no reason to completely forget you
In this place by myself, I’ll be here
Just for a little longer

(Ha Neul broke down the door to see an unconscious Eun Ji on the flooded floor. He ran to carry her out.)

(In Guk’s eyes were glued on Bo Young who sang vigorously with the hand played guitar. The background stage and dancers combined made the performance a memorably painful scene. Bo Young put down the guitar and walked to the front stage, singing her heart out. She teared off the wireless mic and grabbed the mic on the stand.)

I had a nightmare
I fell for you when you came back

I accepted you again when you came back without a care~

All you wanted was anticipation

The only time you really looked at me was in the beginning
There isn’t any real reason why we broke up
Just that you didn’t love me
There’s no other reason

oh~
It’s just that you never loved me
oh~
Now everything is clear

The whole crowd cheered after the song ended. They have never seen Bo Young before but hr performance really caught their attention.

As Bo Young bowed, ‘Encore! Encore! Encore!’ chanted the fans.

Coordinator Jo was impressed. He didn’t know that she could sing well, well enough for people to assume she was a rookie singer.

“Park Bo Young-ssi, I think that you might have to sing them another song.”

“What?” Bo Young whispered to her radio mic. “You said only one song.”

‘Encore, encore, encore!’

‘Unnie, please sing us another song!’

‘You’re so pretty, please another song.’

The MC came running on the stage as Bo Young tried to smile.

“Wow, I haven’t seen such a dedicated crowd before. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the first we have an ‘encore’ on a music live with a rookie singer.”

Everyone cheered and clapped, hoping she would sing them one last song.

“I…um…” Bo Young didn’t want to ruin the live show and nodded. “Then I hope everyone will enjoy this ‘encore’.” She gave a shy smile. Everyone roared at her shyness. The boys swooned over her.

“Please give her another round of applause.” The MC clapped as another song came up.

(Girl’s Day – Something)

Don’t you look
Into my eyes and lie again
I’m sick of being alone

Your shaking face and words
Seems like something is up
A strange scent is all over your body
Seems like you’re possessed by something

Maybe you felt guilty at my guess
I caught you off guard and you’re so out of it
Your story keeps changing here and there, what’s wrong with you
Maybe you felt guilty at my guess
I caught you off guard and you’re so out of it
Why, are you scared all of a sudden?
Let go of my hand, don’t lie to me

I was the only one who didn’t know about this something
I clearly feel it, must be something
Your obvious lies,
it’s over
Nothing, it’s something,
stop it

That rainbow inside the gray skies
The sadly crying piano
A strange scent is all over your body
Seems like you’re possessed by something

Maybe you felt guilty at my guess
I caught you off guard and you’re so out of it
Your story keeps changing here and there, what’s wrong with you
Maybe you felt guilty at my guess
I caught you off guard and you’re so out of it
Why, are you scared all of a sudden?
Let go of my hand, don’t lie to me

I was the only one who didn’t know about this something
I clearly feel it, must be something
Your obvious lies,
it’s over
Nothing, it’s something,
stop it

Don’t try to gain love so easily
Don’t regret
You deceived
and made a girl cry
You’re only up till here
Bye bye bye out

I was the only one who didn’t know about this something
I clearly feel it, must be something
Your obvious lies,
it’s over
Nothing, it’s something,
stop it

Was the love I gave a joke to you?
Were you sick of the love I gave you?
I don’t want to show you
the tears I held back
Was the love I gave a joke to you?
Were you sick of the love I gave you?
Are we over?
Are we over?

In Guk's phone rang several times from Ha Neul who carried Eun Ji to the staff lounge and called for ambulance assistance. In Guk finally found his phone and answered it after Bo Young got off the stage and another group came on.

"Why aren't you answering your phone?"

"I saw-"

"Eun Ji is hurt."

"WHat?!" The image of Bo Young wildly ran through his mind. His face darken with anger and frustration. In Guk rushed out of the crowd to the backstage.

********************************************************************

Dun dun dun dun! Sorry if the chapter was too long. Hoped you enjoyed it!