Confusion & Curiousity

Mend My Heart

Eun Ji was waiting outside for In Guk to pick her up. She stared into the sky and city lights and counted the stars.

“Boo!” In Guk yelled from behind. Eun Ji almost drew a punch at him but he stood funnily with her reflex. “Woah, woah. Is there something bothering our Eun Ji?” He held onto her shoulders and drew close to her face. He quickly placed a kiss on her cheek and ran when she ran after him.

“How dare you! Come back here you rascal!” Eun Ji ran after him as they ran around the water fountain. She finally stopped when he ran faster away. He was running wildly, not looking back. She smiled, but then stopped when she remembered something. There was a similar video of him running around like this. He was running at the sea, the ocean with someone else. He was very happy.

Were you this happy too, In Guk oppa? Did I…? Did I ruin it all for you?

‘You choose your fate, your fate doesn’t choose you.’ ‘There is no such thing as fate. You choose to do the things you do because you chose to do them.’ ‘I just want a chance to see your talent.’ The image of Bo Young flashed through her mind.

What do you want, Park Bo Young? Why like this? Why now? Why…?

A splash of water interrupted her train of thoughts when she realized she was soak in water. In Guk was laughing his off. She huffed and puffed.

“Hey you, come here” In Guk shook his head. “Come here.” Eun Ji smiled meanly. But again he shook his head, looking a bit scared. “Yah you ********** *********!” She ran this time and did not let him off. She pushed him in the fountain and beated him. He was yelping in pain as the place was filled with their playfulness.

***************************************************

Ha Neul was jogging early in the morning around the park. After running for almost an hour, he stopped for a break. A lady in a grey dress kept clouding his mind. He keep telling himself it’s not her, but it seems like he can’t stop it. Something tell him that his instincts were right. But he mistook many women for her before. He took in another mouthful of water and stopped to see a similar woman jog past the garden, a few meters from where he was. The same back, body shape, and hair color picture flash in his mind. He shook his head and refused to believe it.

“I must have ran too long,” he chuckled to himself. He looked up again to see her jogging away, he caught a glimpse of the side of her face but other people blocked his views. He quickly stood up and ran to look for her. He ran and grabbed the shoulders of a petite woman in the same clothing, but it was a random woman.

“I’m sorry.” He walked away and scratched his head. “I must have drunk too much water.” He put on his head phone and jogged back to his place. Not far from where he was stood another woman who got up after tying her shoelaces. She started jogging in the opposite direction. He turned back and sees no one similar and shook it away, his suspense.

*************************************************************

“Director Kang, there is a board meeting today for the upcoming live show event.” His secretary, Yoon So Hee, informed. Ha Neul nodded and walked inside the conference room of the K building. Many shareholders and companies who collab in the upcoming music live show met there. He entered the room as many others has seated before them.  Person after person came in.

“Is everyone here?” asked the broadcast channels.

“There is still one person missing, the representative from Gem Entertainment, a main host.” Announced a receptionist. Ha Neul stared at his schedules and swallowed the coffee.

Why do I feel so nervous? He wiped his hands on the handkerchief and fixed his tie up straight.

The door swung open and a petite lady entered. She was dressed in a white dress with black lace collar and hand hems, black leggings, a grey purse and black heels. Her hair was tucked back into a soft updo and her makeup was light.

He couldn’t keep his eyes off her. She bowed at the end of the table and apologized for being late.

“I’m Park Bo Young, the producer and staff of Gem Entertainment.” She sat across from Ha Neul. It’s really her. He looked so long for her and here she is. Finally in front of him it felt surreal. He stayed silent throughout the intro.

He smile silly to himself. I must have drunk too much caffeine. He chuckled as everyone looked at him. He finally looked up to see the awkwardness. He apologized and drank the glass of water instead. She didn’t disappear. She was really there, the real Bo young. He became really confused and shock.

“So what do you think about this idea, Director Kang?” He did not answer and only stared at Bo Young. “Director Kang?” “Director of SBS?” He finally stopped and answered them.

“No.” Bo Young turned to him and questioned his answer. He cleared his throat and proceeded, “She needs more experience.”

“How can she have experience when no one is willing to give it to her?”

“What about you then?”

“Excuse me?”

“Aren’t you the daughter of Gem Entertainment? Take yourself for example.” Bo young can only smile at his direct answer.

“Director Kang, professionals are not born but made. I’m sure that everyone here has at least one experience to share with us because they got it.” Everyone nodded.

The meeting concluded with the standards set. Bo Young got up to leave and Ha Neul followed her out quickly.

“Park Bo Young-ssi.” He called.

“Do you know me?” He was confused again. How can she not remember him? Is it because she is too heart-broken? Or because of her new status?

“I’m sorry if I was rude earlier.” He happened to say.

“It’s alright, that’s what everyone says anyway. I just need to support my reasoning and decisions. But thank you for the outlook.” She bowed and left before he could say anything else.

“I look forward to working with you.” He tried to speak louder. “Bo Young-ah.” She disappeared as she turned around the corner. His smile grew wider as he slapped his face to feel the pain and cupped his cheek as it burn from the slap. Bo Young.

He ran after her but she had already got in the elevator. He ran through the stairs to the ground floor but she had already exited the building and got in her black sedan. He caught his breath but couldn't help it as all those feelings rushed back to him. He smiled to himself. He walked away determine.