The Culprit

Mend My Heart

In Guk sat by Eun Ji’s side the whole time at the hospital. He held her hand.

Who did this to you my love? Wake up and tell me.

Eun Ji stirred up awake, seeing In Guk.

“Oppa…” She tried to get up and he helped her.

“Are you alright? Does it hurt? Be careful.”

“Why are we here oppa?”

“We’re at the hospital, your parents will be here soon.”

“What about the show?”

“How can you think about the show when you are hurt like this?”

“If it was you, you wonder the same. And I wanted to show you that I am a great singer.”

He caressed her cheek. “To me, you are the best singer. Don’t care about what other people say.”

“But what about the show, the director and producer would be really angry.”

“About that…Is there anything you want to tell me?” In Guk asked. Eun Ji was debating whether to tell him about Bo Young or not.

“Uh…I…” Her mother barged into the room and flounder all over her.

“Oh my baby. What happen to you? Who could have done this? Are you ok? I heard that you got locked up. Tell me who the culprit is.”

“Omma, In Guk oppa is here.”

“Do you know how it happened?” Her mother turned to ask him. He only shook his head. “Aigoo, my baby. I’ll find out who did this to you. Any idea?”

“There might be someone.”

“Who?” In Guk and her mother asked in unison.

*******************************************************************************************************

Bo Young went to visit Eun Ji at the hospital. Although she didn’t want to disturb them, as a person in charge, she has to inform them about the incident.

She knocked on the door before opening it.

“Hello, Jung Eun Ji-ssi.” Bo Young entered with Kwang Soo behind and Coordinator Jo and some Apink members.

Her voice grabbed the attention of the people in the room. In Guk’s face turned cold and angry immediately.

“O-oh hello everyone.” Eun Ji greeted. “Omma, this is Producer Park, Coordinator Jo, Manager, everyone.” Whether she wanted to tell In Guk or not, she has no choice now, because she’s here.

“I’m sorry to hear that you were hurt. We are making investigations right now. But it would be extremely helpful if you can give us clues of the suspect.” Coordinator Jo asked. Eun Ji looked over to the Apink members that stood in the back. Bomi wasn’t there.

“I’m not sure.” Eun Ji stated.

“Well, if you can think of anyone, please inform us.” She only nodded.

“If you guys were being careful, nothing would have happened to my daughter. What kind of event is this?”

“Sorry mam, but we do not control the backstage of the idols.” In Sung replied. “These things could happen anytime, we do apologize.”

“If you aren’t capable then just say so.” In Guk interjected. “Someone got hurt yet you are putting the blame on them, isn’t that too harsh?”

“Well that is-“

“I heard that she was elected to sing a solo. But someone else sang in her place instead. Isn’t this just like a plan to set her up for embarrassment?” He glared at Bo Young, directing it toward her.

“It seems like you talking to me.” Bo Young voiced. “Yes, I chose her to sing a solo. Everything was set up to promote Jung Eun Ji of Apink. I wouldn’t say that we had the best security but we did try our best to keep everything on schedule and safe.”

“Yet you couldn’t protect her, Producer Park.” In Guk sarcastically butted.

“That’s true. It’s a fact that cannot be avoided. However, I’m sure that Eun Ji doesn’t need someone to watch over 24/7. Her personal protection belongs to her agency, not us. We provide protection for all the bands and idols that joined the performance. Also, not being able to perform and absence prolonged our event, causing riots within the audience who bought the tickets to come join us in the live show, is highly unacceptable. We have suffered a loss as well. I hope that Jung Eun Ji-ssi can help cooperate with us to identify the culprit.” Bo Young listed her opinion in to the conversation that they could not avoid. She was right.

“Then please do help with the investigation, Producer Park.” He tattled.

“I’ll try my best. You can try to help too, Jung Eun Ji’s boyfriend.” Bo Young emphasized his status. “Then I’ll take my leave. Get well soon, Eun Ji-ssi.” She bowed and left with Kwang Soo.

Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to find out who did it. In Guk clenched his fist. His glint didn’t fail to escape Eun Ji’s sight.

*********************************************************************************************************

Eun Ji was discharged from the hospital to rest for a few days before being active again. Na Eun helped her around the building most of the days.

“It must have been Bomi. She was really jealous when you were given the solo role. Plus she wasn’t even at the hospital when you got lectured by the producers.”

Eun Ji tried to stay calm. “I don’t think that she would do that.”

“Unnie, you must be careful, who knows what might happen next.” Eun Ji just smiled at Na Eun’s remarks.

They entered the room as Chorong was trying to get Bomi and Ha Young away from each other. Screams swallowed the whole studio.

“I didn’t do anything!”

“Liar, you were the only one who was gone!”

“That does not prove anything!”

“It does, especially when you are acting like this! You will never be able to do better without us!”

Bomi screamed and tried to kick Ha Young who were both pulled back. Chorong pinned her in the corner.

“I said stop it!”

Bomi saw Eun Ji and Na Eun enter the studio, her eyes were lit on fire, wanting to tear her apart. She walked up to them and pushed away her hair, diva attitude.

“Yes, I was jealous. But just you wait, I’ll prove that I’m innocent.”

Everyone started avoiding Bomi, treating her like an outcast from then on. She was alone everywhere, no one cared about what she did or say.

Eun Ji entered the changing room when she slightly caught Bo Young and Bomi exchanging envelopes. She only faintly heard what they were saying but Bomi had a wide grin across her face.

“I can assure you that it will be satisfying.” Bo Young smiled.

Eun Ji quickly hid as Bo Young exit the locker room. Bomi hid the envelope with her on the way out too.

It must be Bomi’s work. Did Bo Young tell her to do that to me? Eun Ji scrunched up the towel in her hand.

*************************************************************************************************************

Eun Ji ran after Bo Young, grabbing onto her arm. Bo Young was shocked to see Eun Ji running after her as she was gripped onto tightly.

“I never thought that you were this low Bo Young-ssi. Do you hate me this much?” Bo Young was stunned by Eun Ji’s remarks.

“Pardon me?”

“I know that I did you wrong but how can you do this to me? I’m never letting go of oppa.” Eun Ji declared before letting go and leaving.

As Eun Ji entered the dance room, everyone was already there, in their formation except for Bomi. That B*tch. Eun Ji wanted to hurt Bomi now. As much as Bomi was a competitive person, she wouldn’t do something like that to Eun Ji. But now, Eun Ji is more than sure that it was Bo Young’s order. Just as they finished dancing and everyone went on a break, the door flew open. A volcanic Bomi rushed in and headed towards the group.

“What do you think you are doing?!” Chorong shouted.

“What am I doing?” Bomi laughed and darted towards Eun Ji. “I’m going to teach someone here a lesson.” Eun Ji was expecting Bomi to fight with her but instead she grabbed a handful of Na Eun’s hair.

“Yah Yoon Bomi!” Eun Ji shouted. Bomi clamped onto Na Eun hair tightly before dragging her to the center.

“You wanted to know who was the one that caused your accident? Here! This is the culprit!”

“Are you in your right mind?” Eun Ji snorted.

“Yes, I’m clearly about my mind! I have proof!”

“Proof?” Eun Ji pushed Bomi’s hand away from Na Eun who was cringing in pain. “Bullsh*t! I saw you and Producer Park exchanging envelope in the locker room. Did she bribe you?”

Bomi laughed hysterically and let go Na Eun’s hair. “No wonder there were rumors about you getting in (the audition) to Apink. Your parents must have really pulled you in as your IQ is so low.” Bomi pushed Eun Ji’s head. “You want to see the envelope?” Bomi took out the envelope from her pocket and threw it at Eun Ji. “See for yourself then, idiot.”

Eun Ji gasped at the contents in the envelope. It was the cctv photos of the scene where Eun Ji got locked up including a mini-dvd of the cctv too. Na Eun was the one to secure the lock, smirking before breaking the camera. Eun Ji was shaking in anger. Never had she thought that her close friend would ever do that to her.

Bomi snickered at her silence, standing in front of Eunji, looking down on her.

“No matter how competitive I am, at least I don’t back stab people like Na Eun.” She bent to Na Eun, who is horrified now that everyone knows she was the one who did it. “And you, I’m not going to let you off easily.” Bomi grabbed her hair and hit her. They fought back and forth for a while as the group tried to separate them. Eun Ji couldn’t digest the facts, she accused Bo Young who was helping with investigation without knowing the truth.

After Bomi finished her business, she bumped into Eun Ji who stood in shock. Before Bomi walked out of the room, she whispered, “I hope you can find better friends, Jung Eun Ji. Especially one that doesn’t betray you.”

Eun Ji looked over at the bruised Na Eun and went up to confront her.

“Why did you do it?” Eun Ji gripped her hand. “Why!?”

“Because I hate you!” Eun Ji couldn’t believe her ears. Someone that she treated like a sister for so long betrayed her, always hated her. “Why is it always you who get everything?! Why do I always have to be the side supporter and you shine?”

“Let’s not be friends anymore.” Eun Ji spitted out her last words and walked away.

“Don’t act like you are so innocent either! You stole someone’s lover! Ani, you stole her husband!” Na Eun screeched. “You are a home wrecker!” Eun Ji stopped mid-step after hearing the last sentence. She turned back around and slapped Na Eun hardly and left.

“AHhhhh! You are a home wrecker Jung Eun Ji! You are a mistress! You b*tch!” Na Eun kept screaming as the whole group left. They were also confused to what Na Eun meant. In Guk was not married. So did she meet someone before In Guk?

*************************************************************************************************************

Sorry for the delay >.< Here another chapter. although it may not be much improvement, i hope it is going somewhere :) leave me comments down below. see you bunnies