Guilty Competition

Mend My Heart

The Apink members continued their dance practice for the live show with much effort. Their bodies worn out from the continuous practice. Eun Ji was over working herself. Singing for a month straight and dancing like crazy. Also with the group promotion and continuous guest in shows until mornings had caused her many trouble. As the song was ending, Eun Ji made a mistake and danced a wrong move. She quickly regain her stance and ended the dance well.

As soon as the dance stop, Bomi went up to her in anger.

“Are you kidding me Jung Eun Ji? How can you make a mistake like this?” Every one looked at them.

“I’m sorry, I’ve just been too busy. I will try harder.”

“Just because you are getting a solo doesn’t mean that you should neglect your own group. We are all working hard just like you.”

“Unnie,” Eun Ji was irritated now. “I know that everyone is trying their best now, but that doesn’t mean you should be saying things like that. I apologize if it feels like I’m neglecting Apink.” Eun Ji bowed to them before heading straight to the bathroom.

“Brat,” Bomi commented as Eun Ji left.

Eun Ji was still in the bathroom. She was about to head out of her stall when th other members got in the bathroom.

“Bomi, aren’t you being too strict?” Chorong asked as they washed their hands.

“It’s the truth. Just because she’s from a rich family and is getting a solo doesn’t mean that she should act like this towards us.”

“If you are jealous, just admit that you are.”

“Unnie!”

“We all know you were upset that’s why you kept practicing harder.”

“Geurae! I’m the lead vocalist, but how come she gets to be chosen just for that reason too?!” Bomi screeched.

“Yoon Bomi!” Chorong yelled to stop her screechings. “Just because you don’t get the role, doesn’t mean that you are any less than Eun Ji. She got in with her skills and she is being acknowledge for it. We should support her and ‘we’ includes you. Do you understand?” Chorong finished before getting out of the bathroom.

Bomi screamed and threw the paper towels on the floor. Then she calmed down and looked at herself in the mirror and fixed her hair.

“I’m a singer…I’m a singer! A lead vocalist and pretty too. Why not me?! Jung Eun Ji, why is it always you?” She calmed down and got out too.

Eun Ji heard everything and felt guilty. This made her want to do even better. Everyone thinks that she got into the entertainment because of her parent’s influence but she will prove them wrong.

******************************************************************************************

It was the day before the live show. Bo Young was busy with the decorations and equipment that will be used. She visited the site of the filming and garnered all the placement with the coordinator.

She checked the lights and sounds with Coordinator Jo who helped guided her.

“Why don’t you try singing?”

“Nneh?”

“I heard that you studied greatly in music.”

“I don’t sing.”

“Why? A producer who makes music but doesn’t sing. That doesn’t sound right.”

“Then why don’t you dance?”

“If I did, I don’t think that even an army can stop the fans.” Bo Young chuckled at the exaggeration.

“Don’t make fun of me, I’m for real.”

“Yes, Coordinator Jo.”

They worked through the whole morning to afternoon.

Ha Neul came to stop by and check as he witness them playing around with the mics. Jealously struck him. How can she smile so easily to just any man? He quickly intercepted. He ran behind her and placed a hand over her eyes while she was talking to Coordinator Jo. Bo Young quickly turned around and found a silly Ha Neul behind her.

“Why are you here?” He only showed her two bags of drinks.

“In case you’re thirsty,” He smiled brightly. The drinks were passed to the staffs and Ha Neul leisurely sat around and investigated the site with them. Every time Coordinator Jo and Bo Young got closer, he always made sure to interrupt them.

Whenever Bo Yung turned away, they gave each other the ‘look’. But pretend to be friendly when she turns back. Coordinator Jo, Jo In Sung, was a pretty tall man. He has the looks, the background, and the attitude of playfulness. Ha Neul was often insecure.

******************************************************

When they finally finished, Ha Neul offered to take her home. But she declined.

“I have my own car.” She was going to get in but he stopped her. “What is it?”

“Are close with Coordinator Jo? Do you like him?”

“What’s come over you? Are you sick?” She quickly touched his head. He grabbed onto her hand.

“Answer me.” He seriously gazed into her eyes. She stared right back at him.

“No,”

“Then why were you acting like that with him?”

“Like what?”

“I saw it.”

“Saw what? Be specific.”

“The way you look at him.”

“What about it?”

“It’s like how you look at me.” Bo Young gulped down as he said that. Did he notice the way she stole glances at him? This jerk. He must have gotten confused. She was looking at him, Not at Coordinator Jo.

“Stop being silly.” She pulled her hand away. “Are you jealous?”

“No, why should I?”

“Ayy~ I saw it. You got mad huh? That’s why you were always bothering us.” She and turned lopsided to see his dark face.

“Do you only see me as an ignorance bother?” Ha Neul leaned in closer as she leaned on her car. Bo Young held in her breath and backed up. What should I say? Did he see through me? What do I do? I’m…melting~

“W-well, we’re friends so I guess that it’s alright to be p-protective.”

Friends? He forgot for second that he had only asked to be her friend. He stopped and moved backwards, giving her space.

“Yeah…Friends. Then have a good drive home, Bo Young-ah.” He bid farewell before leaving her to his car. Bo Young was surprised that he turned back easily. She hit her head and complained to herself.

You shouldn’t have said that you dumb***. He…He’s not. *Sighs. She decided to drive home and get ready for tomorrow’s long day.

But she couldn’t sleep all night. The look in his eyes when she said ‘friend’ were engraved in her memory. He looked so sad, disappointed. He’s just a friend, right?

The image of his determine pursuance couldn’t be ignored. How he ran after her at the festival to start a friendship, giving her flowers with his gentleman smile, sending her home, experiment ‘date’, and today. He put in a lot of effort just to exchange words with a business-musical person just like her. She felt guilty. She should have been more careful with her words.

‘Yeah… friends.’ His weak smile lingered in her mind.

He couldn’t sleep either. He kept turning back and forth, side to side, all around his bed.

W-well, we’re friends so I guess that it’s alright to be p-protective?’

He sat up and drank. I should’ve told you. Will I always be just like a friend to you? Can’t you see my heart running for you over and over again? Ani, don’t give up Kang Ha Neul. Show her. Show her your heart. Yes.

He decided to go to sleep. She decided to sleep too.

It will be a very long night.