Blossomed Love

Mend My Heart

The colorful city lights lit up the night sky. The couple walked along the busy sidewalks hand in hand. Bo Young smiled brightly as they crossed the streets together.

“Why are you smiling so much? Are you that happy?” Ha Neul asked.

“I don’t know.” Bo Young held his hand. “It feels so… familiar.”

“Because there is me.” Ha Neul smiled.

“Maybe.” They finished crossing the street as Bo Young stopped and turn back to face it. “It’s as if, you know, like this happened before.” She held up their intertwine hands. “Holding hands and crossing the street.”

Ha Neul hesitated. “Really?”

“Oppa, did we do this before? You said we were friends.” Ha Neul looked away and try to look for an answer.

“Did we?”

“Maybe I’m just too happy.” Bo Young shook away the feelings. “Where should we go next?”

“Hmm… Let’s walk.”

“We’ve been walking for so long though.” Bo Young looked around. Sure, they have walked quite a distance around Seoul.

Ha Neul look at her as they kept walking. “I still want to hold onto this moment and these feelings.”

They stopped at the center of a lit up swan heart decoration. “The feelings of being together, accomplishing a desire, accompany, happiness, lovely dovey stages of a relationship. So that I can remember how it feels when I look at you, the way you look at me, feel you next to me, that it is real, even if I don’t know the future. That I have you, that kind of feeling.” Ha Neul put her hand to his chest.

“I hope the beat of my heart is among one of the best sounds you’ve ever heard.”

She didn’t know why but there was a hint of remorse in her heart. She smiled at him and hugged him, putting her head on his chest.

“The sound of your heartbeat. I want to keep it.”

They got a cab on the way and she rested her head on his shoulder, which seemed so natural, so comfortable, too comfortable.

***

They both rolled in their distinctive bed in their own homes.

Ha Neul shifted back and forth as he could barely fall asleep. He takes out his phone and started typing but stops himself. He puts his phone away ad goes back to sleep but he couldn’t. He takes out his phone again, ready to type but he stops as he didn’t even know where to start.

Just then his phone vibrated and a texting sound came on. It was from Bo Young, which he nicknamed her “My Lady, Youngie <3”.

He quickly read the text.

BY: Are you asleep?

HN: About to

BY: …

He grew anxious as she stopped texting back.

HN: Why, is there something wrong?

HN: Hello?

BY: See you tmr. Goodnight

He grinned at her response and smiled widely. HE lay back on his bed and fell sleep, ready for tomorrow.

***

Bo Young holds up the mirror to fix her makeup.

The white day event was successful, garnering attention and doubling profit in the last few days. That means that Haneul was busier.

After their last date from the event, they haven’t seen each other in a while. Today was the only day available from their schedules.

She lightly dab the strawberry lipstick on the center on her lips, smooching her lips together.

Ring! Ring!

Startled by her phone, the lipstick shoots over the inside of her lips. She quickly puts the lipstick away and picks up her phone, her expression changing as she answers the phone. Clearing to a distant tone,

“What is it?”

“Is that how you speak to your boyfriend?” Haneul’s voice churns out.

Pretending not to care, she was indifferent, “And so?” crossing her legs and leaning on her chair, “What is it?”

He lightly chuckled from the other line, “Come out, or would you like me to come you inside?”

“I got it.” And she hangs up the phone. Turning her chair around then to the side, she was squealing.

Overly excited and happy, she gathers her things, walking out with the most care while trying not to look like she was trying hard not to squeal hysterically. When she finally reached the bottom floor and exit the company, she could see Haneul standing out of his car waiting for her.

Beating heart, she tightly clutched onto her purse while trying not to hold her breath. He was stunning, the brightest in her eyes. She felt like swooning. His toothy grin, his smizing eyes.

She could faint right there.

Wavy his hand at her, “Hi~”

Bo Young stops, her face tightening and blank, turning around abruptly. She lets out a deep breath and puts on an indifferent façade, making him confuse, half wondering half smiling at her.

“Who are you talking to?” she asks and continues walking to him.

“To you of course.”

She reaches for the door handle but he stops her, holding her hand. She looks up at him, curious.

Grinning, “It is my pleasure,” he opens the door for her.

“Tch~” she sits inside as he used his hand to hover over her head in case she hits the roof of the car. She stares at him, annoyed. “Are you going to fix my seatbelt too?”

He shyly smiled, “I didn’t think about that, but if that’s what you want-“

“No.” she quickly interrupts him.

He softly closes the door and runs to the other side after a few deep breaths. He doesn’t know what he did wrong.

As he was taking his time getting in the car and sitting for a moment, wondering what his mistake was, Bo Young sat still, wondering why they aren’t moving yet.

She turns to a clearly lost in thought Haneul, waving her hand at him. “Excuse me… are we not leaving yet?”

He snaps back and apologizes, stuttering before driving them away.

After a moment of silence, he finally gathers his courage.

“Bo Young,”

“What is it?” her tone was flat, making him wary.

“Did I… do something wrong?”

“What?” she turns to him.

He stole glances at her at the red light. “Did you have a stressful time these days?” He nervously asked at her expression. “Or did you miss me too much?” he grinned hopefully.

Her face flushed pink and hits his right shoulder. “Do you wanna die?”

His grin turned nervously serious then cleared his throat. “I got it, I’ll be quiet.”

“Just keep driving and put away those thoughts from your brain.” She scowled before turning away to the window, shrinking in her seat as she has a wtf moment. How can he be so accurate but so clueless? If she agrees, will he make fun of her?

Bo Young, new to this relationship thing fought to fight the urge to explain to him about how much she missed him over these past few days without seeming like a fool and unlady-like.

***

“Where are we?” Bo Young asked as she sees the same restaurant from last time he stood her up. She deadpans and glares at him as he grins before taking her hand.

Sitting across each other on the top floor, with her arms crossed against her chest, she cautiously stared at him. He looks through the menu before speaking to her without even looking up.

“What would you like to eat for lunch?”

“Peppers, lots of peppers.” She sarcastically spoke, emphasizing it.

He raised his brows as he tried not to laugh. “That’s all?”

“Well,” she looks down at the performing stage below, “From the last time I was here, I ran into the wind, thus peppers must definitely be better, don’t you think?” (“Ran into the wind” idiom for “getting stood up”)

He closes the menu and gives the order to the waiter while she ignores him. He watches her tentatively before standing by her side.

Holding out his hand, he waits for her as she rolled her eyes before asking what he wanted. Amused by her grudge, he takes her hand and leads her away. Passing down the hall, they enter the same room with the white piano she last seen too.

Before she could protest, he sits her on the bench. Sitting beside her, he smiles gently as he placed his hands on the key board.

“We shouldn’t be here-“ she whispers as she looks around for employees. However, his hands were faster as his fingers presses on the white and black keys.

The sound was melodious, soothing… extremely comforting. His hands glide across the board, with each key creating a harmonious sound. She was mesmerized.

Who would’ve thought the Director of SBS was talented in piano? Oh yeah, she forgot. All wealthy children had piano lessons, silly her.

Yet, glimpsing at the man beside who was solely focused on the keyboard made her questions her own assumption. Somehow, in this angle in this light, in the mellow yellow room, all she could see was him.

The attention focused on him, as if he was… glowing. His soft features to his sharp jaw, the slightly brushed hair to the side. Her heart fluttered as her cheeks flushed pink.

The music stops and he turns to her. “How was it?”

Even his questioning face was attractive. Her eyes were glued on him, not realizing he was speaking to her.

Ha Neul lips curve up as he looks down at the puppy-eyed woman in front of him. Leaning down, he pecks her lips, causing her eyes to widen, snapping back to reality.

Bo Young quickly moves back. Covering her lip, she looks around and scowls at him while he chuckles.

“What if someone sees us?” she scowls.

With his toothy grin, he pinched her cheek, “Aigoo, my baby~” earning a grumpy glare from Bo Young but she whimpers in pain. However, he only pinched her other cheek with his free hand before pecking the corner of her lips.

The sound of clearing throat brought back their attention as they look behind them.

The elder lady from before!

Bo Young quickly gets up and bows, “Hello Madam Ahn.”

Madam Ahn smiles brightly before entering the room. “Greetings. I see, this must be the person who stood you up last time?”

Ha Neul stands up and walks to the Madam and hugs her. Bo Young was stunned for a moment until he turn back to her, his arm still around the Madam.

“Mother, I would like to introduce Park Bo Young-ssi to you,”

Mother?! No wonder they looked similar.

“Bo Young-ah, this is my mother, Madam Ahn, the owner of  XXXX restaurant.”

She quickly greets the Madam politely as the Madam chides at her son’s introduction.

***

They all sat at the round table as the food came in.

“How could you make a young lady wait for you, not to say a few hours?” Madam Ahn scolds her son. She hands the food to Bo Young.

“Thank you,” she politely takes the food.

“I apologize for my son’s impoliteness Miss Bo Young,” Madam Ahn glares at her son. “You should know better Ha Neul.”

He raised both hands and chuckle, “Fine, fine. I admit, I’m wrong. I already made up with Bo Young.”

Bo Young chuckles as his mother tells him to treat his girlfriend better.

“Mother, we are here to eat, not argue about bygones,” he replies.

“Fine.” Madam Ahn kept her smile and gathered lots of food for the two adults like they were still children.

“Is your adjustment to South Korea smooth Miss Bo Young?” Madam Ahn asked.

“Yes. It was difficult due to the workload and time difference but I have grown accustomed to it. Thank you for asking. Last time, you said you had moved from Switzerland,” Bo Young looks around the restaurant, “I notice that the popularity of this restaurant is pretty high for a short amount of time, including the renovations.”

Madam Ahn smiles gently, “I had a few restaurants in Switzerland. Prior to moving ack to South Korea, I had asked Ha Neul to help me with the process. The transition turned out to be luckily successful, which I am thankful for.” She pats Ha Neul’s hand.

They continue to chat and before they knew it, lunch time was over. Bo Young bids farewell to Madam Ahn as she constantly reminds Ha Neul to take care of her.

It was funny, yet heart-warming to see that his mother and he were in good terms, being able to joke around one another.

On the ride back, she finds herself smiling from ear to ear. His hand slips over hers.

“What are you so happy about?”

She shakes her head, “Nothing.”

He teasingly pinches her cheek but she stops him, making him chuckle, slipping his hand in hers again, interlocking their fingers.

“Actually, I have a question.” She turns to him curiously, “I thought your mother was named Yoon, not Ahn.”

His smile fades slightly but he keeps up the image. “My mother is actually… a mistress. I am an illegitimate child.”

“I’m sorry-“

“Don’t apologize,” he glances at her. “It’s not your fault I was born into this status, you have nothing to be sorry about.”

His soft and assuring smile had her weak. He was a man after all. She didn’t want him to feel embarrassed or hurt. Instead, she found him to be very humane and realistic.

“I’ll tell you more next time,” he assures her as his fingers rubbed hers.

Lying her head on his shoulder as he drove, she tightly interlocked their fingers. “Drive quickly but safely. We need to get to work on time.”

Her action caused a cheeky smile to his face as she lies on his shoulder.

 

***

In the Salon~

Eunji texted on her phone in the salon as the stylist finishes curling her hair. She couldn’t get in touch with In Guk all day since last night. Shuffling in her seat, she almost didn’t realize her makeover was completed.

“Waiting for someone?” the stylist asked as Eunji smiled before leaving her.

Texting him the umpteenth time, she sets her phone down and looks at her reflection.

“AHhhhh! You are a home wrecker Jung Eun Ji! You are a mistress! You b*tch!” Na Eun kept screaming as the whole group left.

Eunji’s lips flatten as her eyes harden.

Park Bo Young… is Jo Bo Young? Or was she not?

The sound of her ringtone caused her to jump, quickly scrambling for the phone as his name appeared.

“Oppa, are you alright?”

His end was silence accompanied with a short sigh before speaking. “I’m sorry. I was too caught up in business and couldn’t contact you.”

Her chest lightens, “I understand, don’t overwork yourself.”

“Are you…”

“What?” she hesitantly waited for an answer.

“Are you free tonight?”

She smiles meekly, “Actually, I am accompanying my mother to an event. The President of YK is holding an auction for charitable organizations.”

“Oh, well then, see you.”

“I-“

“Oh, also, dress up beautifully.” He said before hanging up. Eunji was confused for a second before realizing what he meant. He was attending the event too. Drawing a smile on her face, she calls the stylist over to glam her up.

***

Hanging up the line, In Guk sighs as he stares at the desk full of documents. Rubbing his temples, he moves back, turning the chair around and standing to the window view of the city. With his hands in his pockets, he stares into the distance.

“Is it you...?” he mutters under his breath before turning back to the glance at his desk.

At the corner of the desk, covered by the scraps of papers was the handcuffs from the event. Along there was a black folder.

***