The Ending

Mend My Heart

Bo Young crushed the bus ticket in her hand into a fist. She kept looking back to see him come running after her. She knew fully well that he will not come but a little hope still sparked in her heart. 30 minutes passed and there was no sight of him.

‘Bus #33 is has arrived and will leave in 15 minutes. Customers, please enter the bus at this time.’

Bo Young kept looking at the bus station entrance but he wasn’t coming. Finally, she let out a deep breath and dragged her luggage behind her and walked toward the platform. With every step, her heart sank deeper into the deep blue sea. The cold wind brushed over her cheek as her wavy hair swayed alongside.  She got in line to enter the bus and was about to hand the ticket to the bus driver. But she turned around one last time before entering, he was not there. He really isn’t coming.

‘Miss,’

Bo Young swallowed in the last pride she had left and handed the ticket to the driver. She walked to the middle aisle and sat beside the window after putting her luggage in the cabinet. She lied back on the chair and closed her eyes.

It felt like everything just passed her by. Her happiness cracked like a broken mirror that can never be put back together.

We were happy. We smiled, we laughed, we cried. We went through so much together. How did we end up like this? Oppa… My love… Bo Young held onto the seat cushion and was choking back tears and opened her eyes to not even see a glimpse of him outside her window. Flashes of his smiling face came to her mind, his anger, his helplessness, his tears, his cold attitude. He changed. He was with another girl. He must be happy.

The bus started and was exiting the station onto the road.

I’ll always love you, Bo Young-ah. You, are the love of my life. Lies. He was holding her in his arms happily. He was teasing her, pinching her chubby cheeks. He was…here. He is gone now.

Bo Young uncontrollably cried out loud. Her face covered in her hands. Everyone on the bus stared at her. She was crying so badly. She clenched her heart and couldn’t stop. She tried to hold back but no control could hold her tears back. She kept it in for so long. Tears streamed down her face and wetted her cheeks. Her eyes were pink and swelling. She tried to muffle her cries as everyone looked over her. They didn’t know her, but seeing her cry like that tug their hearts too. The little babies started crying too.

***************************************************************

The sky has turned dark with rain trickling down her window. She leaned on the window soullessly with her pale face staring into the stormy night. Lightening flashed and the sound of thunders storming shook every nerve in her body but nothing can compare to the pain she felt tearing in her heart. As she was about to get up to use the restroom, the bus fling to the side and she flung back to her seat and hit the window. The bus tumbled upside down and screams were crumbling inside the bus, honks and crashes of many cars mounted the road. Bo Young stared into the rainy sky as she was thrown out of the bus window after the various tumbles. The rain washed away the blood that gushed out of her body, creating a bloody river. Bo Young laid motionless as her eyes slightly opened to see the ambulance and police lights. Then the world turned black.

**********************************************************************

She was wheeled to the hospital with many others.

‘Doctor!’ She was put into a section as the doctor tried to check for her vitals. Her heartbeat was slowing down.

‘Bring the defibrillator!’

‘50 volts!’ But still no sign from her.

’70 volts!’

’90 volts!’

‘120 volts!’ Her body jerked back and nothing resulted. The doctor was going to give up until an old couple begged the doctor to try one last time.

“Please! Please, I beg you doctor! Please save her! Save my daughter! There are so many things this old parent haven’t told her yet! You have to wake her up!” The doctor could only give it one last chance.

‘150 volts!’ Her body slumped with no life. The couple cried as Bo Young gave no feedback. The doctor was about to announce her death as the couple kneeled together on the ground.

‘Park Bo Young, Death date-‘

Beep, beep, thump-thump-beep

They turned back to see the machine forming heartbeats patterns. Everyone ran back to help her. They thank the doctor and held onto her hand tightly.

*******************************************************************

I am terribly sorry for the delay!!!!!! To those who have subsricribed for so long, I love you! *Tight Hug* I hope this is a good beginning.