Flowers, Festival, Friendship?

Mend My Heart

Bo Young sat in her bed and lied back and closed her eyes. It’s been a long day. Too many things going on. She has to carefully evaluate and arrange the band sequence, lighting, designs, and finish a lot of paper work. She rubbed her temples.

“Stress, stress~” She whispered.

Knock, knock. She didn’t answer. Knock, knock.

“Yes?” A maid came in and placed her tea and water on the table and bowed before leaving. Bo Young then got up and sat at the table, stretching. She took her medication and left for a shower.

She looked in the shower mirror after washing and putting on her bathrobe. She rubbed the fog off the mirror and something flashed in her mind.

Jung Eun Ji. Have we met before? It feels so familiar. Director Kang… It’s weird…

But there was a knock at her door. She opened the door and found Butler Go with a bouquet of flower.

“What’s this?” She asked before taking them.

“Someone left these flowers for you, Miss.” Butler Go answered.

“Who?”

“I’m not so sure either.”

“Then please take it back. I don’t accept things from people I don’t know.” She handed the bouquet back before closing her door shut. The Butler was going to walk away down the hall as Bo Young opened the door again. “Decorate it nicely in the reading room, it matches more,” before closing it shut again. The butler just smiled, Miss Bo Young has always been a silly fuzz ball. Elegant, funny, blunt, and praiseworthy.

Bo Young sat on her bed.

“What kind of person is this? Tsk,” She turned off the light and went to sleep.

Ha Neul who was standing outside her house finally looked away when the light in her room darken. He smiled and got in his car and drove away.

****************************************************************************

In Guk was preparing for his date with Eun Ji. He brought her flowers and a pretty gift bag. He was waiting outside for quite some time. It was a bright sunny day. He repeatedly called her but she didn’t answer him, which made him grew impatient. Then his phone rang.

“Oh oppa. I’m a little busy right now.”

“But I’m waiting outside for you Eun Ji,” he tried pouting.

“Yah, don’t try to act cute. I won’t be able to come for at least half an hour.”

“I’ll walk over to the flower festival first then.”

“Why?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“When did you start making surprises?”

“If you want to know then come. See you fat cheeks.” He hung up before she could scold him.

He walked over to the festival road. There, he and Bo Young passed by each other, without noticing as a lantern booth divided them. Bo Young quickly turn back but lost sight of him. She was going leave but stop as she heard his voice. He was buying some snacks, for him and Eun Ji later on. She turn back to find him in the crowd but she couldn’t. She gave up and walked back away to bump into Ha Neul’s chest. He helped her up. She was embarrassed but to Ha Neul, it was just like the first time they met.

“Are you alright?”

“Nneh, I’m sorry.”

“I’m fine, actually.”

“Why are you here Director Kang?”

“Well, as you can see, I’m just joining the festival.

“Why don’t we walk together?”

They roam the festival street together, looking over the booths and various shows performed. They bought snacks and drinks. They played with the little sparkling fireworks and ran after each other.

The lantern festival then began. Many couple went to set the lantern down the river. There were so many designs in many colors. Lotus, flowers, pink, gold, green, blue, etc. It showered the river with light. Bo Young and Ha Neul stood close by and were excited to see it. Fireworks were shot into the sky and sparkled.

Suddenly, Bo Young started to tremble. The sound grew louder every time the fireworks burst. Bo Young started to feel dizzy. She stumbled back as Ha Neul finally notice and grabbed. He took her to an empty bench and let her sit down. He quickly gave her some water, hoping it will make her feel better. Bo Young took in the water and started to breathe heavily. She felt like the world was turning and tumbling. She tried to grab the medication in her bag but because of the trembling, she couldn’t.

Ha Neul grabbed her hands to stop her shaking but she shivered uncontrollably.

“M-m-me-“ She stuttered.

“M-me- what?” Ha Neul didn’t know what to do. “What is it? Tell me.”

“M-med-medi-ca-“ She happen to say.

“M-medication?” Ha Neul finally understand and ran through her bag. He found cosmetics, phone, wallet, and…pads. “Where? Where is it? This?” She hit his head and grabbed the pads away.

“I-in-in the- z-zip-zipper.” She was frustrated. How can he not know that those were pads? Who takes pads as medication? But she’s in no shape to argue with him. He finally found it and fed it to her with the water.

She shivered as he pulled her into his arms. He warmed her up and hugged her tightly. He rubbed her back, create heat. Without knowing, she cling onto him. She snuggled in his chest, it felt so warm and cozy. A warmth she had lost for so long. It was sometime before she notice that he was naturally holding onto her. Her heart started to beat faster. Ba-dump, ba-dump. He felt the same too. Here she was, in his arms. It felt different form the very first time but the feelings still linger.

Bo Young pushed him away and he let go of her. She quickly picked up her things, “T-thank you.” And walked away. Ha Neul ran after her.

“Park Bo Young,” he tried to follow her. Why was she avoiding him? She walked faster down the path of the riverside. He quickly walked faster as she tried to walk farther.

“Yah, Park Bo Young.” He gripped onto her shoulder before turning her around to meet his eyes. She closed her eyes shut. “Kwenchanayo? (Are you alright)” She didn’t answer and looked up at him. His eyes were so gentle and sincere, filled with worry.

“I don’t know you well.” She tried to turn away but his grasp was strong.

“We met before. Do you really not remember me?”

“I’m sorry but I have only met you twice Director Kang.”

“We were close.”

“I don’t remember. Also, why would I be friends with you Director Kang.” Ha Neul could only stare in shock. Did she really forget? She was about to walk away as he held onto her arm, stopping her. He looked intently in her eyes. Bo Young was actually kind of scared.

“Bo Young,” Ha Neul softly spoke her name. Suddenly, she flutter. Why did it sound so natural to her? Her parents had call many times, so have many people. But why did he sound so warm and gentle?

“What are you doing?” Bo Young quickly tried to remove his grasp.

“Bo Young-ah,” this time he sounded more affirmative.

“Are you crazy?” She tried to change the subject as she pulled more forcefully and rubbed her wrist. Ha Neul didn’t know what to do, he was so sure it was her.

“What happen to you?” That’s all he could asked.

“Why should I tell you?”

“We were friends,”

“I don’t have any friends, especially one like you.” He was taken aback by her statement.

“We-“

“I don’t remember! I have amnesia, so I cannot remember! Why are you doing this to me?” Ha Neul couldn’t believe it. Is that why she showed no recollection of him and acted like this? If she remembered, she wouldn’t be doing this now. She would be- No, I cannot let that happen.

Bo Young walked away one more time in frustration. But this time, Ha Neul ran to stand in front of her. She stared at him in disbelief. How can a person be so persistent?

“Then, let’s be friends, again.” He took out his right hand for a shake. “Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Kang Ha Neul.” Bo Young just froze.

“Director Kang-“ She said in almost a whisper.

“Kang…Ha Neul. Or Ha Neul oppa is fine too.” He smiled at her with joy and a little bit of tear water in his eyes, but he wouldn’t let them fall.

Bo Young didn’t know how to react. Should she shake his hand or walk away like nothing happened?

“Aigoo, my hand is getting weak.” He interrupted her train of thoughts. Bo Young slowly took out her hand to shake his softly. Ha Neul pulled her hand closer and gave a tight yet gentle handshake, determine.

“Park…Bo Young.” Those were the only words she could stutter out. She was feeling shy. Why? There was something about him that radiate warmth. She liked his smile. She returned his handshake as a smile crept over her lips.

I don’t know what this is. But I think that it will be a good thing. Ani, it will be. Hello, I’m Park Bo Young. Nice to meet you, Kang Ha Neul. Oppa.

Hello, Park Bo Young.

It seemed like the world was spinning around them. The various lights glowed around them with the lanterns shining. It was... the scene was too…too beautiful for words. He was handsomely looking over her as she gorgeously look up to him.

*******************************************************************

Hello bunnies! Overloaded with love of Ha Neul!