The First Day of School

The Fallen Star

Once they stepped into the school, everyone started whispering.

Byeol felt something warm on her neck and when she glanced down, she noticed the crystal glowing a little brighter than before.

The stares from everyone took her attention away from her pendant and she sidled closer to Baro as he protectively placed an arm around her.

"Come on." Baro passed Byeol to Gongchan. "Take care of her."

Gongchan nodded and led her into class. "Class starts in 5 minutes." He told her. "You can sit beside me. I usually don't allow anyone beside me."

"By the stares everyone's giving me, i can tell." Byeol replied.

"You don't need to be afraid of them. They're all really nice. Except i'd rather be a loner." He smiled.

"Gongchan!" A girl came bouncing over. "Who's your new friend?"

"Sunhee, meet Byeol." Gongchan introduced. He turned to Byeol. "This is Sunhee."

"Nice to meet you." Byeol gave her a small smile.

"Gongchan usually doesn't let people sit beside him. Where are you from?" Sunhee asked.

Byeol panicked and turned to Gongchan for help.

"She's Sandeul's long distance cousin. From Australia." He replied calmly.

"Oh my gosh. Australia! That's so cool!" Sunhee squealed. "Think you could bring me there next time? Would your parents allow you?"

"Her parents are dead." He lied flatly.

"Oh. I'm so sorry, i didn't know..." Sunhee looked like she was about to cry.

"It's okay, i'm over it." Byeol smiled. "Maybe next time i'll tour you around Australia." She tried to make Sunhee feel better.

"Thanks." Sunhee smiled.

"Sunhee? Are you done talking?" Mr Kim strolled into class.

"Yes sir." She saluted him and sat down immediately.

"Byeol, i see you've already found yourself a seat next to our best pupil. Everyone, that's Lee Byeol, a new student. Take care of her, okay?" Mr Kim briefly introduced her and immediately started the lesson.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"Is everyone staring at us because you guys are Kingkas?" Byeol asked during break time.

"Yup." Jinyoung smiled.

"Who are the queenkas though?" She asked.

"It's better if you don't know." CNU replied.

"But seeing how you stick to us 24/7, i doubt they'll dare approach you." Sandeul blurted out.

"Stop saying irrelevant things before i cut your throat out." Baro threatened.

"Oops." Sandeul mimicked zipping his mouth, only to start talking about another subject a second later.

Byeol felt someone staring at her, but decided to shake that feeling off. She knew that as long as she was around the boys, nothing would happen to her.

"I'm going to give Byeol a tour around the school!" Gongchan smiled and stood up, pulling Byeol along with him. "Anyone else want to join me?"

"Me!" Baro stood up too. "Come on, let's go." He looked at the other guys.

"I'm still hungry..." Sandeul pouted.

"It's okay, let's go first. I want to check out this place." Byeol nudged Gongchan lightly.

"We'll catch up with you guys later." Baro nodded and they left.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

They visited every nook and cranny of the school, with Gongchan and Baro explaining everything to her slowly. They passed by a small locked door that perked Byeol's curiousness.

"What's that?" She pointed at the locked door.

"That's the old music room. There were rumors of a ghost at first, but the school cleared that rumor up, saying that the equipment's all too old to be used and the room might collapse, so they locked it up." Baro explained.

"Wow. That's so mysterious." She was about to approach the door when Gongchan pulled her back.

"I'd rather not, it's out of bounds anyway." He said.

Byeol nodded, trying to keep her curious mind out of the closed doors.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"5B..." Byeol muttered, trying to find the right place.

"Byeol!" Baro caught up with her and naturally swung his arm over her shoulders. "Heading to Astronomy class?"

Byeol nodded in a way that made his heart flutter.

"Me too, let's go." He smiled nervously."Oh, Haemin! You're early." He greeted, and secretly whispered to Byeol, "She's the queenka everyone talks about."

"I was bored so i thought i'd come over early." Haemin smiled. "Who's your friend?"

Byeol stared at Haemin. She looked exactly like Haemi. Even the names were similar. Could they be the same person?

"Haemin, meet Byeol. Byeol, meet Haemin. Haemin transferred over 2 years ago. Byeol just got here."  He introduced.

"Nice to meet you Byeol. Where are you from?" Haemin asked.

"Australia. I'm Sandeul's long distance relative." Byeol smiled.

"Lee Byeol then? Aren't you supposed to be in beginner class with the other kids?" Haemin raised an eyebrow.

"The professor gave me a test and told me i could join the advanced class." Byeol explained.

"Well, you must be really smart." Haemin nodded, looking impressed.

"You won't believe it, but she got full marks for the test! Even your high score of 99 was beaten. The professor himself couldn't believe it at first and kept double-checking the answers." Baro laughed.

"Wow. Good job." Haemin smiled. "Oh, Baro-ssi, remember our cafe date today after school?"

"Sorry, i can't make it today." He said apologetically.

"Why? You said you'd help me with maths." She pouted.

"Maybe Gongchan can help you." He sighed. "I'm sorry, i really can't make it today."

Haemin was about to argue but the professor stepped in and she was forced to drop the case.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Astronomy class was a breeze for Byeol. Despite knowing everything that was taught, she was always taking notes and listening attentively to the professor.

After class, they headed to their lockers and Byeol almost got a heart attack when she opened hers.

"What are all these?" She asked, looking in awe at the many letters which dropped out.

"Love letters." Baro replied, picking one up. "Looks like you've already got admirers on the first day of school."

She shook her head, picking up the fallen letters. She set them in a pile and placed them in the corner of her locker. "Let's go."

"Aren't you going to read them?" He asked.

"I'm not interested. Are we going or not?"

"Fine. Why are you so pushy today?"

"I'm always like this." She laughed. "Let's go."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

8th chapter! Hope all of you are enjoying this story so far~

Have a great day ahead! ^^

Oh and don't forget to subscribe and leave comments below :)