Late

The Fallen Star

Byeol awoke to the sound of furniture being shifted around. She stepped out of the room groggily and looked around. 

Baro stepped out of a room opposite hers and smiled at her sweetly. "Good morning." He greeted.

"Good morning." Byeol smiled. "What are you doing?"

"Getting ready for school." He replied. "The others are in the kitchen downstairs."

Byeol nodded and went downstairs for breakfast. 

Baro heaved a sigh of relief and locked the door behind him.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

The second day of school went by easier than the first. Thousands of letters poured out of her locker whenever she opened it during break time. Byeol sighed as another letter fell out when she went to collect her books for the next period.

"Byeol." Haemin called to her.

Byeol turned around a gave her a small smile, before gathering her books for the next period.

"About yesterday... thanks and sorry." Haemin said softly.

"What for?" Byeol asked.

"Thanks for letting Baro chase after me, and sorry for keeping him until so late. You're not mad, are you?"

"Of course not. We're just friends."

"Really? That's great. I'll see you later then." Haemin flashed another smile before disappearing.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"How do you do so well on these tests? You just started school yesterday." Gongchan exclaimed, staring at the english pop quiz which Byeol had gotten full marks in.

She shrugged. "I guess i learn quickly?" She laughed. "85 marks isn't too bad either."

"But it's english! No one gets full marks unless they're a native speaker."

"You learn quite a lot up in the sky when you get bored."

"That must be the reason."

"Maybe."

"Are you still getting thousands of love letters?"

"Yeah."

"Ever thought of reading them?"

"Nope. I don't throw them away though, i just keep them in a stack in my locker."

"You might want to read them. Or your locker's going to be full."

Byeol smiled. "Maybe i will. Someday."

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol made her way to Astronomy class and saw Haemin clinging on to Baro. Some part of her felt a little weird, but she just ignored that feeling.

"Oh Byeol!" Baro happily pushed Haemin away and ran to Byeol's side. "How was your day?"

"Fine i guess." Byeol gave him a weird look.

"Let's go sit down."Baro grabbed her hand and pulled her away from Haemin. 

Haemin groaned in frustration and went to sit down by herself.

"Thanks for coming. I thought Haemin was going to cling onto me forever!" Baro whispered.

"Do you dislike her that much?" Byeol asked.

"It's not really dislike... but i just don't like her clinging to me like i'm her boyfriend or anything."

"But you don't seem to mind me clinging on to you...."

"You're different." His words rang in her ears. Was she really different?

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Meanwhile, it was chaos up in the sky.

"It's been weeks, and she still hasn't got the slightest idea on how to get home!" Miryeon cried.

"It'll come to her soon. I'm sure she's as intelligent as you." Another star, Miyoung, replied.

"I'm not doubting her intelligence. I'm doubting the people around her. Just look at those punks, they obviously have something evil in mind. Especially Haemin!"

"Haemin... Doesn't she seem familiar?"

"That's not the point! What's going to happen to Byeol?"

"Nothing will happen. I can guarantee that she'll find her way home. Stars always find their way home. In the meantime, you'd better look after your human properly."

"Relax. Gong Chansik is safe with me."

"He'd better be."

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol kicked the snow on the ground and pouted. 

Baro had promised to walk her home today, seeing how the others had either extra lessons or volunteered to give tuition to a bunch of fangirls, but it had been 30 minutes. 

She sighed, just as a shadow appeared to her right.

"Byeollie!!" Gongchan wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"Gongchan? Aren't you supposed to be tutoring those fangirls of yours?" Byeol was pleasantly surprised.

"I sneaked out! I don't like tutoring them much. They just stare at my every move. I don't even know if they're listening to what i say." He pouted.

"They probably aren't." She laughed.

"Are you waiting for Baro hyung?"

She nodded, "He's supposed to be here 30 minutes ago."

"Haemin's probably latching onto him again. I'll walk you home instead. Come on." He gave her a sweet smile and started walking in the direction of home.

"Wait for me! I have short legs!" She quickly caught up with him, laughing.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

They soon reached home."I'll be back soon." Gongchan smiled.

"I'll be fine on my own. You'd better hurry back. I think all those girls are combing every corner of the school looking for you." Byeol joked.

"If i find Baro hyung in school i'll slap him for you, okay?"

"Not okay. You might lose several teeth if you do that."

"I'll take my chances. Bye!" He waved and started jogging back.

Byeol laughed at his childishness and turned the knob. She expected to enter a freezing cold house. But surprisingly, the heater was on. 

Someone was home.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Baro was walking down the stairs when he noticed Byeol standing at the doorway, a passive look on her face.

Byeol didn't utter a word. She silently walked up the stairs and past him into the room.

Baro was dumbfounded. "Byeol!" He called out after her, but she didn't reply. 

"What did i do wrong?" He sighed. "Oh." He groaned once he remembered he was supposed to walk her home. He was too preoccupied with his own thoughts to remember his promises. "Aish. I screwed up again."

He soon got an idea and dashed downstairs.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Baro placed some chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk on a tray. He placed a small star folded out of paper onto the tray and headed up the stairs to the room. He knocked lightly "I got you some food. And i left a note. But... you don't have to read it if you don't want to."

There was no response. He sighed and placed the tray on the floor. "See you later." He mumbled and left.

The doorknob turned slowly and Byeol poked her head out of the room cautiously. She saw the tray on the floor and smiled to herself. 

"A note? Maybe it flew away." She sat on the floor and ate the cookies happily, flushing it down with the milk.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

15 subscribers <3 

Sorry for not updating for the past few days, i've been a littleeee busy :(

Anyway, the 10th chapter is up and i hope you've enjoyed it. Don't forget to subscribe and comment! ^^ 

Have a great day!