My Star

The Fallen Star

"I thought i told you to take care of her?!" A female voice screamed.

"I did." A male voice replied. "She just didn't want me!"

"That's because you didn't try hard enough. You should have taken more time."

"Even if i took a longer time, things would still probably be the same. Matters of the heart can't be trifled with."

"Why not?"

"Because it's meant to be."

"Well, i don't care. You need to find a way."

"No. I'm not getting involved any more. I've done enough for you.""Have you forgotten you owe your life to me? Who was it that saved you when you were on the verge of death? Didn't you promise you'd do anything to repay me?!"

"That was because you were so sweet back then. You've changed completely since then! I'm not helping a spoiled brat like you!"

A door slammed and Haemin emerged, absolutely furious. "If he doesn't do something about it, i will."

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

It was dinner time again, and Baro had eagerly addressed everyone. 

"I...have an announcement to make." He coughed. "I confessed to Byeol."

"And?" Gongchan asked curiously.

"I agreed." Byeol helped Baro to reply. "He didn't even wait for a reply and went off all moody-" her sentence was cut off by Baro who had clamped a hand over .

He grinned sheepishly and threw her a threatening look. 

She laughed. "Anyway, long story short, everything's great now."There was immediate chaos, as everyone cheered and Sandeul gave Baro a huge pat on the back. 

"I told you it'd be easy!" Sandeul grinned.

Baro rolled his eyes.

"Listen up. You'd better take good care of Byeol. Got it? If i see her cry, i'll wallop you." CNU warned.

"Good job." Jinyoung winked at Baro, who blushed. 

The spectacle made Byeol laugh, and the rest of dinner was abnormally peaceful.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"Byeol!" Hakyeon smiled and ran up to Byeol. 

Baro instinctively put an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to him. "What is it?" Baro asked coldly.

"I need to speak with Byeol. Privately." Hakyeon flashed Baro a look.

"Oppa, just go ahead first. I'll be fine." Byeol gave Baro a reassuring smile. "Really."

Baro sighed. "Okay. But don't take too long." He gave her a peck on the cheek and left the two of them to themselves.

"What's the matter?" Byeol asked Hakyeon gently.

"I..." he couldn't get the words out of his mouth. "I just wanted to say sorry."

"What for?"

"For everything that happened and will happen."

"What do you mean?"

"Just... take care of yourself, okay?"

"What is it you're not telling me?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"Just because."

"You're acting weird."

"I know. I'm sorry."

Byeol sighed. "Okay. Apology accepted. Although i don't know why you're apologising." She smiled. "Don't look so worried. I'll be fine." She gave him a quick hug. "Don't tell Baro oppa i hugged you, okay? He just might murder you." She laughed and walked away.

"Byeol.... i'm sorry...." he whispered. 

She was such a sweet girl, he didn't know why he had agreed to help Haemin at that moment of time. At least he didn't have to be a slave to Haemin anymore after that conflict they had days ago. From that day onwards, he was going to watch over her silently. He wouldn't let her get hurt.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol sat on the porch in the backyard, eyes closed. She heard a soft thud and opened her eyes, smiling when she saw Baro.

"Thinking about Haemin again?" He smiled, intertwining his fingers with hers.

"Hmm. Actually it's just life in general, but yeah, mostly Haemin. How did you know?"

"Guys have sixth sense too."

Byeol laughed softly. "Isn't it weird that Haemin's been bothering us - no, me, again?"

"She has?"

"She probably has some crush on you and naturally hates me to the core now. I've never done anything else to piss her off."

"That's just your assumption. Maybe she's just jealous that you're so perfect."

"A girl's assumption is right 99.9% of the time."

"Well, you aren't a normal girl." A small smile played on his lips. "That's what i like about you. You're the most genuine person i've ever met. Unlike any normal girl."

Byeol smiled. 

"And how do you know that?""Because i know you better than anyone else. You're my star, remember?" His lips brushed past hers lightly. "I'm going out for awhile. Stay here and don't over think anything, okay?"

Byeol nodded, and watched as the autumn leaves fluttered to the ground.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

An autumn breeze whipped her face, as her hair flew in the wind. 

"Where are we?" Byeol asked innocently.

Baro smiled. "Just an old hilltop. Have you ever observed picnic sessions from above?"

"Not really. As far as i remember, you've never had any picnics with your family."

"If i didn't know any better i'd think you were my stalker."

Byeol laughed and watched as Baro laid out a chequered picnic mat and placed a basket on top of it. "Would my lady like to have a seat?" He stretched out his hands, inviting her to sit.

"Most certainly." Byeol smiled and sat cross-legged on the mat.

Baro started taking food out of the basket one by one. There was the usual - sandwiches, chocolate cupcakes, an assortment of fruits and strawberry juice. 

"I've noticed you love strawberry juice." He grinned and sat down beside her.

"Strawberries are the best kind of fruit ever. But why are they called strawberries? They aren't made of straw and they aren't berries."

"I have absolutely no idea. I've never bothered to find out the reasons behind names of items. It's all too complicated to comprehend."

Byeol giggled and sipped on her strawberry juice. "This is really nice." She smiled.

"That's because i made it." He boasted, earning a playful smack from Byeol.

"But anyway, thank you." She smiled.

"You're most welcome." He smiled back. "Do you ever think about going back up?"

"Well... i was eager to find a way back at first, but i'm not too sure now. Life down here seems so different."

"Is different good?"

"Different is wonderful. It's a whole new experience. I love it down here."

"Can't you stay here forever?"

"As much as i love it here, my family and home are up there in the sky. That's where i belong. I don't belong here. I'm not human."

"But-"

"It's still a long way to go before i return. I mean, i haven't found a way home yet, so... let's not worry about it yet." She gave him a small smile. "Don't worry, okay?"

He laughed and nodded. "Why does it seem like you're older than me at times?"

"Because stars have infinite wisdom." She grinned. "I'm probably a billion times wiser than you."

"Yeah sure." He replied sarcastically.

She just smiled and stared into the distance.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

So super sorry for not updating for the past few days, i've been a little busy with school work recently >< 

Anyway, the 20th chapter is up! ^^ 

Please don't forget to subscribe if you haven't and leave plenty of comments below! ^^