Dolharubang

The Fallen Star

All the way along the hallways, students were looking at her differently. The girls were all throwing daggers at her, while the boys were giving her pitiful looks that suggested 'i hope you survive.'

When she opened her locker, she found notes filled with hatred for her. They were all anonymous, so she had no idea who the notes were from. She was just about to throw a bunch of them away when Hakyeon held her back. 

"This note isn't a rotten one." He pulled out a green note. "Read it at home." He smiled and left.

Byeol threw the others away and read that particular note with interest. 

It read : I know Haemin's been giving you a hard time, and that's partially my fault for not being able to stop her. You might not know this, but she actually likes Baro a lot. That's why she's doing all this. But don't give in to her and continue fighting! I saw how you stood up to her yourself yesterday. It was amazing! Keep it up! From, Hakyeon.

She smiled. Hakyeon was a good guy afterall.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

The next few days was plain torture. Her homework was torn up, her textbooks were shredded into pieces, her food tray was overturned and her gym clothes were stained with ketchup and mustard. 

Everywhere she went, she got weird looks and she hated it. She was extremely grateful for Gongchan, who always stood up for her whenever someone tried to pick on her. Most of the student body thought that she was vulnerable and weak, and always seemed to have something mean to say or do to her.

Hakyeon was like a little guardian angel, who watched over her and came to her rescue during unexpected events. He always seemed to be nearby and would lend her a helping hand whenever she needed one.It would have been impossible to pull through the week without the two of them by her side.

Friday finally came, and everything was surprisingly peaceful. Despite this, Byeol was extremely wary of everyone, and decided it was better to keep to herself. She declined even when Hakyeon and Gongchan wanted to bring her out to play. She just wasn't herself anymore.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol sat silently in her room, fiddling with her fingers. So far, she had only seen the wonderful sides of the human world. She never knew there was a dark side like this too. 

The place where she came from had to hatred or anger. It was only filled with peace and happiness. Everyone was contented with everything. 

But here on earth, no one was contented with anything at all. They all wanted something more.A soft knock on the door could be heard and the door opened. Tears started coming to Byeol's eyes and they blurred her vision. 

Baro ran forward and immediately hugged her. "Why are you crying? Do you miss me that much?" He chuckled.

Byeol nodded, silent tears streaming down her face.

"Shh, it's okay, i'm here now." He comforted her. "It's okay. I'll never leave you again."

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"Channie ah." Baro entered Gongchan's room without knocking.

"Yes hyung?" Gongchan looked up from his video game.

"Did anything happen when i was gone?"

"No. Why?"

"Byeol cried once she saw me. It's the first time i've seen her cry. She's always so cheerful."

"She must have missed you."

"Stop lying to me. What happened?"

Gongchan sighed. "Shouldn't you ask her instead of me? She should know better?"

"If she wanted to tell me, she'd have done it by now."

"Well..."

"Unless she told you not to tell me?"

"Wow hyung you're smart."

"Of course." Baro laughed. "But i suppose if she doesn't want me to know, then i shouldn't probe. Can you please just help her get through this? Since you know what she's going through."

Gongchan nodded. "If i were a girl i think i'd fall for you."

"Please don't." Baro made a disgusted face and left the room, leaving Gongchan laughing by himself.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

They were in the tent after such a long time, and lay on their backs, staring at the starry sky.

"You look much better than before." Baro smiled, looking at Byeol happily.

"The house is much noisier than before. It's nice." Byeol smiled.

"Did you miss us?"

"More than ever."

"I got something for you from jeju island." He took something out from his pocket and handed it over to Byeol. "It's a keychain."

"A keychain?" She turned it around and inspected it with interest.

"It's a famous statue in Jeju Island, called Dolharubang. Some say if you touch it's nose a make a wish, it'll come true."

"Did you make a wish when you were there?"

"Of course i did."

"What did you wish for?"

"I wished that you would be happy forever and that we'll be together forever."

Byeol laughed. "You're the best."

"Of course."

They lay there in silence for awhile.

"How have you been?" He decided to break the silence.

"Fine, i guess. Gongchan has been a great help. Hakyeon too."

"Hakyeon?"

"He's been really nice to me. Not in the kind of boyfriend-girlfriend way, but in the friend way. Get what i mean?"

"Sure."

There was silence again.

"Do you want to tell me about what happened?" Baro asked.

"Haemin happened."She felt a warm hand go around hers. 

"From now on, i'll always be by your side. I won't let anything happen to you. That's a promise."

Byeol shifted closer to him and snuggled into his embrace. "Thank you."

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Haemin watched from a corner, as Byeol and Baro walked through the school gates hand in hand. She turned to Hakyeon, who was smiling happily. 

"Why are you so happy?" She asked.

"The both of them look so happy." He grinned.

"Stop sticking around with those losers. You'll end up like them."

"Why are you calling the guy you like a loser?"

"All of them are losers. Except Baro."

Hakyeon laughed. "You sure are pitiful. Well, have fun dwelling in sadness for your entire life."

"My happiness is right before me, but why can't i grab hold of it?" She said, sounding sad.

"Because you're using the wrong method. Making her suffer isn't going to make Baro come to you. It'll just make him distance himself from you even more."

"You're right... i know what to do now." She smiled. "Thanks."

"What are you planning?" He frowned.

"Nothing much compared to my other schemes. I guess now is the time to lie low. Until Christmas."

Hakyeon frowned, but didn't question her any further.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Here's the last chapter before i fly off tonight. I'm so excited i woke up super early and couldn't go back to sleep lol. 

Please wait patiently for the next chapter! ^^