Confession

The Fallen Star

Baro sighed and buried his head in his hands. Byeol's words echoed in his head. 'I'll tell you when i need it.' What was that supposed to mean?

"Yah." Sandeul plopped beside Baro on the couch. "Can't sleep?"

"Why do you think i'm sitting here idly, genius?" Baro replied, fiddling with his hoodie zipper. "Why are you here?"

"I came out for milk." Sandeul paused. "Is it about Byeol?"

"Yeah."

"You do know that she's gonna leave us someday, right?"

"Of course i do."

"And you still haven't told her how you feel?"

"I'm not as courageous as you think i am."

"Well, maybe it's the time to be courageous."

"It's not so simple."

"Why not? Just go up there, and tell her!"

"Why don't you tell Jiyeon first?"

Sandeul blushed at the mention of his crush. "I'm over her."

"Liar."

"I'm not lying."

"Yeah sure."

"Okay. Maybe it's not that easy."

"It's never easy. And to be really honest, i've confessed many time, she just doesn't know it."

"You have?"Baro nodded.

"Anyway, i think you'd better confess before someone else snatches her away. Hakyeon's been pretty clingy nowadays."

"I've noticed that too."

"So... you know what to do!" Sandeul gave Baro's shoulder a pat and went back to bed, forgetting all about the milk he wanted to drink. 

Baro just continued sitting there, gradually drifting off to sleep.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Baro yawned and stretched. He paused for a moment, after finding a blanket hugging his body. *Who placed this here?* he thought to himself.

"Baro hyung, breakfast is ready!" Gongchan shouted from the kitchen. "Nutella or peanut butter?"

"Nutella." Baro replied. "Where's Byeol?"

"She left for school 15 minutes ago." Sandeul replied, munching on his sandwich.

"Why did she go so early?" Baro went to the kitchen, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Hakyeon's meeting her. He called her early in the morning, and she rushed over." Jinyoung said flatly.

Baro immediately became alert. "Jinyoung hyung, i'm skipping breakfast!" He ran upstairs to change and was out the front door in seconds.

"He sure is quick." CNU mumbled to himself.

"That's because it concerns Byeol. If it was Haemin, i doubt he would even care." Sandeul gave a pitiful laugh.

"Don't be so mean or i won't make sandwiches for you anymore." Jinyoung scolded.

"Sorry." Sandeul pouted and didn't dare utter another word.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"Hi. Did you sleep well?" Hakyeon greeted Byeol at the school gates.

"Not really. I had my fifth nightmare in a row this week." Byeol sighed.

"Nightmare? Do you want to tell me what they're about?"Byeol shook her head. "It's nothing much."

Hakyeon sighed. "You know that i really care for you, right?"

"I guess so..."

"I can't help you unless you tell me."

"Even if i told you everything, you wouldn't be able to help me. I'm sorry but you can't do anything."

"What makes you so sure?"

Byeol shrugged.

"Nevermind. But i just wanted to ask you a question."

"What question?"

"You might think this is a little too sudden, but will you be my girlfriend?"

"What?"

"I've liked you for a long time now. You probably didn't read that letter i wrote to you, did you? I confessed in that letter."

"But-"

"What do you say?"

"No." Baro's voice echoed through the hallways.

Hakyeon turned, and came face to face with Baro. 

"Why not?" He asked, eyebrows raised.

"Because she's mine." Baro said confidently.

"She's just your friend." Hakyeon snarled.

"That's where you're wrong." Baro said through gritted teeth. "She's mine."

"Don't fight..." Byeol whimpered. Seeing the two of them arguing in front of her made her feel nauseous.

"What makes you think that?" Hakyeon snarled.

"I've been with her before you even appeared." Baro folded his arms across his chest.

"Does time matter in this situation?"

"Doesn't it?"

"It doesn't."

"Well, let's ask Byeol to choose then." Baro turned to Byeol, a soft gaze lingering over her. "Is it going to be me, or Hakyeon?"

Byeol's mind went blank. She didn't know what to think. 

After seconds of deafening silence, she spoke softly. "Baro oppa."

That was all Hakyeon needed to hear. He nodded, and walked away.

Baro heaved a sigh of relief. "Come on, the hallway is so stuffy." He took her hand and led her outside.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"Why did you do that?" Byeol asked, once out of the building.

"Did i scare you?" He asked, turning around to face her.

"A little. But you haven't replied my question."

"I just wanted to protect you."

"That's all?"

"You only chose me because you know me better, right?"

"What makes you think that's why i chose you?"

"Then why did you choose me over Hakyeon?"

"Why don't you reply me first? Stop changing the topic! Is that really why you stopped me? Because you wanted to protect me? Hakyeon oppa doesn't seem the least bit dangerous to me."

"He may not seem dangerous, but what if he is? You barely know him!"

"It's not like you know him any better than i do!"

"What did you expect me to do? Stand around and wait until he steals the girl i like?"

Byeol looked at him, dumbfounded.

"Yes, i like you. I've liked you ever since you fell from the sky. I kept telling myself it's impossible between us because you're a star and i'm a human, but somehow i'm just attracted to you, like bees are attracted to honey. I just never dared to tell you the truth." Baro blurted out. "And i know you'll probably think i'm a freak now, so just pretend nothing happened, okay?" He sighed and walked away.

"But... i like you too." Byeol muttered, but Baro was too far away to hear her. "Yah! Cha Sunwoo! Stop walking away from me!" There was no response from Baro. "I like you too!" She shouted loudly.

His footsteps came to a halt and he turned around, a questioning look on his face.Byeol took out her cellphone and texted him. "Babo. Why did you walk away without waiting for my reply? I. Like. You. Too."

Baro's cell dinged and he checked his messages. Looking up from his phone, he saw Byeol smiling brightly.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"Well, it looks like someone's in a good mood." Haemin said, as Baro walked through the door to astronomy class.Baro just grinned."Did you get a good score on a test or something?" She asked.

"Nope." Baro smiled.

"Oppa." Byeol came in and sat beside Baro happily.

"I got a girlfriend." He slung his arm over Byeol's shoulder.

"Eh?" Haemin looked at them in confusement. "But i thought... Hakyeon confessed?"

"How do you know that?" Baro asked.

"Uh... Hakyeon is my good friend. He consulted me about his relationship with Byeol." Haemin laughed a little. "Anyway, congrats and last long." She gave a small smile and walked away. 

"." She whispered under her breath.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤