Maybe, Maybe Not

The Fallen Star

The pair headed into town, where they entered a super-mart.

"We need potatoes, carrots, beef and pork." Baro announced.

"Thanks for bringing me out." Byeol smiled.

"It's my pleasure. Weren't you bored to death?"

"Of course. They didn't let me do anything!" She grumbled. "I felt so useless."

"They're just afraid you'll get injured and they would have to live their lives filled with guilt." He chuckled, grabbing a handful of potatoes and chucking them into the basket.

"But i heal instantly." She pointed out.

"You do?" He turned to her for a moment.

"I'm a star, not a human. My pendant heals me instantly when i get hurt." She reasoned.

"Have you actually tried it before?" He turned back and scanned the aisle for carrots.

"Not really. There's nothing in the sky that can hurt me." She found the carrots and placed them neatly in the basket.

"Is it all just clouds?"

"You can say that. Clouds and planets. Satellites sometimes. Other than that, there's nothing else. Oh, i found the pork!" She placed the pork into the basket.

"Don't you get bored up there?"

"Not at all. I like glancing down at earth and seeing what you guys are doing."

"You said that you were assigned to watch after me. How long has it been? Since i was born?"

"I started 2 years ago."

"But everyone has a star once they're born?"

"Yup. And i found the beef."

"Oh, i see."

"Aren't you curious about your previous star?"

"Nope. What's over is over. I don't even have the slight interest. But anyway, have we got everything?"

"I think so."

"Let's head back." He smiled.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"Did you get the remaining food?" Jinyoung asked once they returned.

Baro nodded.

"The streamers are done too." Sandeul grinned.

"How about the food?" Baro asked.

"Almost done!" Jinyoung shouted from the kitchen.

"The chairs are set!" Gongchan exclaimed happily.

CNU appeared from the stairs and grinned. "Hey. Party starts in an hour."

"Got it." Baro nodded. He glanced at Byeol's blank face. "Relax. It'll be fun!"

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

The only thing that interested Byeol was the fireworks. She knew they would be very different as what she saw from the sky, and she couldn't wait.

"Are you excited?" Gongchan snuggled up next to Byeol.

"You bet." She grinned.

"Hey hey hey, not too close to her." Sandeul pulled Gongchan further away from Byeol.

"Why?" Gongchan pouted.

"Someone will get jealous." Sandeul winked.

"Who?" Gongchan crossed his arms over his chest, clearly unimpressed.

Sandeul just smiled and refused to say another word.

"10 seconds to go!" Baro cheered.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...Happy New Year!!!"  Everyone screamed, as the fireworks lit up the sky.

Byeol felt her heart soar. She never thought something so beautiful would actually take place in front of her eyes. It was so majestic she almost forgot to breathe.

After the fireworks, everyone seemed to fall asleep almost instantly.

Sandeul's head was resting on Baro's.

Gongchan was curled up like a puppy on the floor.

CNU was seated on his chair, head bent, while Jinyoung was just sprawled on the floor.

Byeol looked at the adorable sight and closed her eyes.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

It was still dark when Byeol opened her eyes. Everyone was still fast asleep.

Byeol looked around and sighed at the rubbish strewn everywhere. "Time to pack up." She got up and started picking up the sweet wrappers, throwing them into the bin.

It took awhile, but she finally cleaned the place up. She rested her head on the kitchen counter and let out a soft sigh.

"Byeol?" Baro called out softly.

Byeol looked up. "What is it?"

"For a moment i thought you were sleeping. I want to show you something." He held out his hand for Byeol.

Byeol looked at his hand, wondering if she should take it. She nodded and placed her hand in his.

He smiled and led her up to the rooftop. "I used to study astronomy, you know?"

Byeol was speechless. There was a huge telescope right in the middle of the rooftop, hidden snug inside a transparent tent. The tent was filled with soft cuddly pillows as well as a warm rug.

Baro dusted the snow off the telescope, as well the top of the tent and invited her in.

"Let me guess, you have a secret love for star gazing?" Byeol laughed softly, taking a seat on the surprisingly warm floor.

"I guess you can say that." Baro laughed and sat down too. "My dad used to take me star gazing when i was little. I fell in love with it ever since then."

"Have you ever seen shooting stars?" She asked, trying the telescope out.

"Sure. I've already seen quite a few."

"Do the other guys come up here?"

"Not as much as i do. They haven't had the slightest interest in stars until after you dropped down from the sky."

"What do you mean?"

"Jinyoung hyung suddenly started lending my books on Astronomy to read. He's never done that before. And i recently caught Sandeul sneaking up here to peek through the telescope."

Byeol let out a soft giggle and they just sat there in a comfortable silence for a while."Umm... Can i ask you a question?" She asked.

"Of course."

"Why does Gongchan seem so attached to me?"

Baro shrugged. "I'd like to know too." He muttered.

"What did you say?"

"I said, the stars tonight are fabulous."

"Of course they are." She smiled.

"Do you think you'll stay on earth for a long time?"

Byeol weighed her options and came out with an indecisive reply. "Maybe, maybe not. But... do you want me to stay for a long time?"

"Maybe, maybe not." He imitated her, earning a playful punch from Byeol.

Silence enveloped them again, but neither of them seemed to mind. It almost seemed as if they shared a moment, as they sat in the tent, gazing at the stars together. In fact, even the stars seemed happy for them, twinkling so brightly, dancing so happily, in the night sky.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

It's November! Time sure flies, doesn't it? 

The 6th chapter is finally up! I should have updated yesterday since it was Halloween but i was too tired oops. 

Anyway~ Please remember to subscribe and leave lots and lots of comments below! 

Happy 1st of November!