Interrogation Time

The Fallen Star

Byeol woke up groggily.

She couldn't remember the events from the previous night. All she remembered was closing her eyes before Christmas. And now, here she was. In someone's bed.

*In someone's bed?!* Byeol rubbed her eyes and looked around. Where exactly was she?

She felt the crisp sheets around her. It all felt so rough to her skin. She was only used to soft, marshmallow clouds and the silk dress that she was wearing.

The door creaked open and Baro popped his head in. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Where am i?" She asked.

"In my room. We found you unconscious in the backyard yesterday so we brought you here."

"We?" Her eyes widened.

"Yeah. My friends and i." He frowned slightly.

She shook her head. "But you seem familiar..."

"You must have seen us somewhere." He replied.

*Oh, he's the human i was assigned to!* It all came back to her. *It's been a full decade, i'm the fallen star!* "I-i need to get out of here." She stepped out of bed, an unreadable expression formed on her face as her feet touched the ground.

It was hard. Nothing like the clouds up above.

"Are you okay?" He asked, full of concern.

She nodded, still fazed.

"Do you want something to eat? We have waffles." He smiled.

"It's okay. I'm not hungry." She walked several steps, and her legs almost gave way.

"I think you'd better have something to eat. Come on." He took her hand and led her to the kitchen. "Guys, she's awake!"

In a flash, all 4 pairs of eyes were on her.

She was prettier in the morning, her chocolate brown eyes showing clearly.

"Have a seat." Gongchan stood up and gave her his seat. "And have some waffles. Do you want chocolate or maple syrup?"

"Give her chocolate." Baro said and pushed her towards Gongchan's seat slightly.

She sat down and ate her breakfast, trying to ignore those creepy eyes staring at her. It was difficult to enjoy her breakfast, as much as she wanted to.

Stars didn't eat up in the sky. At the most, they drank star dew accumulated in puddles on the clouds. Food was a whole new concept to her. But nonetheless, she loved it.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Interrogation time started after breakfast.

The boys made her sit on the sofa while they sat around her, making her feel like a criminal.

"What's your name?" Jinyoung started the interrogation.

"Byeol." She said softly, trying not to grimace at her own name. Out of all the names in the world, she just had to get stuck with 'Byeol'. But then again, it was the Pristine Star that chose her name, and she couldn't go against it.

"Do you know who we are?" Jinyoung asked.

Byeol couldn't decide whether to shake or nod her head. The only person she knew was Baro.

"Maybe?" She mumbled.

"Where are you from?" CNU asked.

"The sky." She muttered, not knowing if she could reveal all her secrets.

The expressions on their faces were unreadable.

"The sky?" Sandeul asked, his face a mix of wonder and horror.

Byeol nodded. Did they believe her?

"Why are you here?" CNU frowned slightly.

"I'm a fallen star. Every decade a star will fall from the sky. It just happens. I'd like to know why too." She replied, a little louder this time.

"Are you going back to the sky any time soon?" Gongchan asked, staring at her intently.

"I don't know." She whispered, head bent.

"You're joking, right?" Sandeul started laughing. "A fallen star! No one believes in that."

Byeol felt her heart ache a little. Did it mean that all this time, the humans on earth didn't believe in their existence? "But it's the truth."

"So... basically... you're a star?" Gongchan probed.

Byeol nodded. "A star that fell out of the sky on Christmas."

The boys looked at one another. What were they going to do with her?

"Since it's Christmas, let's go out and celebrate!" Gongchan happily decided to change the topic.

"What about Byeol?" Baro asked. "Can she come along?"

"I don't see why not. We'll bring her along to the police station." Jinyoung suggested.

"Wait. You guys don't believe me?" Byeol's large doe eyes widened.

"Well since you practically fell out of the sky, it's pretty hard to believe you." Sandeul shrugged.

"But i'm telling the truth! If you don't believe i fell out of the sky, what makes you think the police will?" She reasoned. Did all fallen stars have such a hard time convincing the humans of their existence?

There was a moment of silence.

CNU cleared his throat awkwardly. "Let's just keep her first and see how things turn out."

Baro nodded immediately. "Hyung, you can't just throw her to the police, who knows where they'll send her? And what if she's telling the truth?"

Jinyoung ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. "Only for today. Since it's Christmas."

"Jinyoung hyung is the best!" Baro cheered. "Let's get you some warm clothing." He led her to his room and closed the door, leaving the others in the hall.

"Do you think this is a good idea? Letting a girl who appeared from nowhere stay with us?" Jinyoung asked softly.

"Why not? She seems to have nothing else with her. No phone, no wallet. All she has is that dress and pendant on her and nothing else." Gongchan reasoned. "Plus i used to believe in fallen stars when i was younger.I had a dream when i was younger. A pretty noona appeared in front of me and when i asked her what she was, she told me she was a fallen star. She disappeared after tucking me in bed and i never saw her again. But now that Byeol's here, i don't know if that's a dream or not..." he mumbled.

"Aren't fallen stars the same as shooting stars though?" Sandeul questioned.

"Maybe Byeol can answer that question. Let's ask her later." CNU replied, as he took a seat on the sofa.

The conversation was left hanging, as the boys waited for Baro and Byeol.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Second chapter is up! Please subscribe and comment :)