Let It Snow

The Fallen Star

No matter what time it was or wherever she was, night time was when the loneliness struck.

Byeol was seated at the veranda. It was the only place where she felt so at peace. She tucked her knees under her chin and sighed. Time sure flied.

School was starting the next day and she wasn't ready for it at all. Despite all the encouragement the boys had given her, she still wasn't ready for this.

Over the past few days, things had been hectic, with the boys fussing over her as if she was a baby. She didn't like that at all. Sure, she was in a foreign place, but she was already 18!

She sighed in frustration, and was surprised to hear someone ask, "Are you okay?"

Spinning around, she noticed it was Baro. Again. Whenever she couldn't sleep, it seemed like he couldn't too.

"Are you okay?" He repeated his question.

She shook her head. "Not really."

"Worried about school?"She nodded.

At that fateful moment, it started snowing.

Byeol was breathless. "Is that... snow?"

"Sure it is."Her spirits lifted a little, and she sought permission from Baro to touch it.

He nodded and she put her hands out, catching several snowflakes in her hand. She giggled as the snowflakes melted and the drips of melted snow tickled her palms.She looked just like a little kid.

Baro stared at her lovingly, his lips unknowingly curling into a smile. Wait. Lovingly?! No, he couldn't. What was he thinking? She was a star. And he was... he was just a mere human. If anyone were to date her, he would be one of the last few in line. He shook the thought out of his mind.

"Hey, you know how Jinyoung doesn't let you do anything and insists you stay indoors in case anything happens?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?" She replied.

"You wanna go against the rules for once?"

"Can i?"

"You could walk barefoot in the snow. Since you said stars don't feel cold."

Her face lit up. "Yes! Let's go!" She jumped up, kicking off her shoes.

Baro smiled at her enthusiasm and watched as she waddled through the ankle-high snow, laughing happily.

"Oppa, want to join me?" Her eyes sparkled.

The word 'oppa' made his heart soar. She had never called him that. In fact, she never called him by his name either. He was always the one who started the conversation.

"Oppa." She called out again, breaking his train of thought.

"Sure." He smiled, trudging through the snow to join her.If only these moments could last forever.

"Hyung!" Gongchan stood at the doorway, eyes wide with surprise. "Jinyoung hyung will kill you if he finds out."

"I doubt he will. He usually doesn't wake up until noon." Baro smiled mischievously.

"Can i join?" Gongchan asked."Come on!" Byeol smiled.

Gongchan grinned and joined in too.

It wasn't long before Sandeul woke up and insisted he joined as well.

Then CNU came along after grumbling about the possibility of getting wet.

Everyone was having a blast.

Until they noticed Jinyoung staring at them from the doorway.

"Oops." Sandeul muttered under his breath.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Everyone sat still, not daring to even breathe. They waited for Jinyoung to scold them, maybe even scream, but not a word was said until Gongchan spoke up. "Sorry hyung."

Jinyoung let out a long sigh. "Whose idea was it?"

Nobody spoke."It was mine." Byeol decided to take the blame. After studying Jinyoung for the past week, she noticed that he cared for the others a lot. And even though he nagged so much, his care for them was genuine.

"What are you talking about-" Baro started but Byeol shot him a look that made him keep quiet.

"Sorry. I should have stayed indoors. And i shouldn't have dragged the others into this." She said rather remorsefully. "I won't do it again."

There was another long silence.

Jinyoung finally decided to speak. "It's okay. I just don't want you guys to catch a cold or anything, especially when school's about to start."

"Speaking of school, it's 6am now. Shouldn't we be getting ready?" Sandeul pointed out.

"Yeah we should." Jinyoung nodded. "I'll go make breakfast."

And with that, everyone dispersed.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

"Byeol, come here for a moment." Jinyoung waved her over after breakfast. Byeol nodded and went to him obediently.

"I know Baro was the one who started it." He said.

"But..." she was surprised.

"You wouldn't do such a thing by your own. Why did you cover up for Baro?"

"I was afraid you'd scold him. And i agreed to do it, so i'm partially guilty too."

He laughed. "Byeol ah, i have my reasons for nagging. I don't want you to get hurt. What am i supposed to do if you get hurt really badly?"

"Sorry."

"Stop apologising. Now you're just making me feel bad."

"But aren't you mad at me?"

"Not one bit. I know i seemed fierce at first, even trying to drag you to the police station and all, but i really believe you now. And it's really nice to have you around. You help out with the chores even when you don't need to. You're great."

Byeol smiled a little. "Now that everything's cleared up, can i ask you a question?"

"Sure you can."

"Why does Gongchan always stick to me? Not that i don't like it, i'm just curious."

"I understand. Gongchan used to have a twin sister. She looked a little like you, with the hazelnut coloured hair and all that. Gongchan loved her to bits. But she was involved in a car accident and left us early. When Gongchan saw you, you reminded him of his sister so much. So he naturally stuck close to you. I can tell you mean a lot to him."

*Then what's going to happen when i leave?* She thought to herself.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I'm back! The holidays have started over here so i'll have more time to update! *Throws confetti* Sorry for not being able to update constantly :(

Anyway, the 7th chapter is up, and i hope all of you have enjoyed it! Don't forget to subscribe and leave lots of comments below! :)

P.s., do you guys have any nice korean dramas to recommend? :p