Christmas Dinner

The Fallen Star

"Christmas dinner is starting soon. Where's Baro?" Sandeul looked around.

"I'm back!" Baro burst through the door.

"Where did you go?" Gongchan asked.

"I went to see my younger sister for a bit." Baro smiled, hiding a large box behind him. "Let's eat!"

The 6 of them gathered around the dining table and ate their fill. Sandeul inhaled the food in the blink of an eye and started stealing Gongchan's food, but Gongchan was too smart for him and swapped his plate with Jinyoung's, so it was Jinyoung's food that got stolen instead.

Jinyoung was not pleased when he found out, and started nagging at the both of them. CNU was just eating by himself quietly, glancing up at times to see what was happening. Baro, on the other hand, was enjoying the spectacle in front of him, laughing to himself. Byeol was amused by all of this, her eyes twinkled and lips curled upwards whenever another antic was launched.

After the messy dinner, Baro brought out a cake.

"Yah, i thought you bought a log cake?" Sandeul frowned.

It was a normal cake, coated with chocolate frosting and decorated with strawberries at the top.

"Why? It's not only Christmas, but Byeol's birthday too. We should celebrate!" Baro argued.

"What?" Byeol was confused.

"Have you ever seen how birthdays are celebrated here on earth?" Baro asked and Byeol shook her head.

"We celebrate it with a cake and presents!" Gongchan smiled.

Everyone started singing 'Happy Birthday' on Baro's cue. Byeol was pleasantly surprised. Why would they do this for her when she only knew them for a day?

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Hold up! We should take a photo together! It'll always remind us all of our first meeting." Sandeul grinned and set the camera."1, 2, 3, smile!"

Maybe, just maybe, earth wasn't so bad after all.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

The stars twinkled brightly in the night sky. Byeol walked out to the backyard and sat herself down on the veranda.

She felt lonely all of a sudden, missing everyone up in the sky.

She could imagine the stars right now, shining their brightest while watching over their humans, as soft chatter would fill the quiet sky. The Pristine Star would probably be looking out for everyone.

She wondered if anyone noticed she was gone. Miryeon definitely would. But what about the others?

She felt someone sit down beside her. Turning her head, she saw Gongchan smiling at her.

"Can't sleep?" He asked.

Byeol shook her head. "Stars don't need much sleep."

"Aren't you cold?" He asked, a little worried.

She had taken off the sweater Baro had given her and was clad in only her white silk dress."Nope. Stars don't feel cold."

"Do you miss home?"

"Of course. I'd give anything to be up there now."

"What's the difference between a fallen star and a shooting star?"

"A fallen star is a star who has fallen out the sky and onto earth. She probably has been assigned to a human. After finding out how to get home, she can decide if she wants to stay on earth instead. A shooting star isn't assigned to any human. She's free to roam the sky, but she can never visit earth."

"I had a dream about a fallen star visiting me once."

"Did she mention her name?"

"Miryeon. That's what she told me."

"She's my best friend, and closest sister. She's told me about you."

"She has?"

"She almost gave up the sky for you, because you were so cute and sweet. But that thought flashed across her mind for only a split second."

"I knew it. I always believed in you."

"Thanks." She smiled. "Thank you for believing in me."

"It's my pleasure." He smiled back.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

It was already morning in the blink of an eye. Gongchan had apparently figured out Byeol's shoulder was more comfortable than his pillow and decided to fall asleep there.

She didn't dare move incase she woke him up. She had thought of many things while the night whisked away. She thought of Miryeon, she thought of earth, and she thought of Sunwoo.

Why was he so nice to her? He'd barely met her, but already helped her to celebrate her birthday. What did that mean?She'd seen Sunwoo ever since she was born. She was born a year later than he was.

Another star, Haemi was assigned to take care of Byeol until she turned 18. Haemi was also assigned to watch over Sunwoo. As Byeol grew up, she often watched Haemi work. Haemi was always following Sunwoo around, and since Byeol had tagged along, she came to know Sunwoo too.

Haemi was the one who introduced her to the world. She learned much from her. But when Byeol turned 18, Haemi disappeared. It had been 2 years, but no one knew where Haemi went. The Pristine Star seemed to know, but would never breathe a word to anyone.

Gongchan shifted his head and yawned. "Oh, it's morning. Oh my gosh, did i keep you awake the entire night?" He gasped.

Byeol smiled sweetly. "It's okay. I was thinking of some stuff."

Baro appeared behind them, tapping the both of them on their shoulders. "Breakfast's ready. I made scrambled eggs. Better come and eat them before Sandeul gobbles them all up."

Gongchan got up and headed inside.

Baro stood at the doorway. "You coming?"

"I'm not hungry." Byeol didn't budge.

"Come on, just eat a little. Even though stars probably don't need to eat much."

"We don't eat at all."

"Just in case you faint."

"Okay." Byeol gave in and followed Baro into the house.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

B1A4 is coming to Singapore for a mini concert on 22 November but i'm going to be overseas. This is so sad omg. :( I hope they come again next time. :(

Anyway... the 4th chapter is up! Please don't forget to comment and subscribe if you haven't! :)