Christmas Shopping

The Fallen Star

Byeol dried her hair with a hair dryer, oblivious to Baro standing at the door, watching her every move. It wasn't until she turned around that she saw him. She got a shock and nearly dropped the hair dryer on her feet. 

"Yah, you scared me." She frowned slightly.

Baro laughed. "Where are you off to early in the morning?"

"I'm going out with Haemin. Didn't i tell you last night?" She asked, combing her hair.

"I must have forgotten." He shrugged. 

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"Byeol nodded. 

"I'll be back in time for dinner."

"What are you two going to do anyway?"

"We're just gonna walk around and do some window-shopping." Byeol got up from her chair and walked towards the door.

"Okay, be safe." He gave her a hug and bid her goodbye.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Haemin met Byeol in front of school and they headed to town together.

"Where did you get the money to buy christmas presents? I mean, the boys can't possibly have given you money. It'll be like buying presents for themselves." Haemin asked curiously.

"I worked part time at an ice cream shop right beside school whenever the boys had to stay back for extra lessons. They have no clue at all. And i always get free ice cream whenever i go for work."

"That must be nice. So... what are you going to get first?"

"I have no idea. I guess i'll just walk around?"

"Hmm, how about just taking a photo with them?"

"That isn't a bad idea! I should get them photo frames too." Byeol grinned. "Unnie you're the best!"

"Hearing you call me unnie feels weird."

"Get used to it." Byeol giggled and went off to find suitable photo frames.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

They entered a shop selling vintage items and Byeol's gaze landed upon a vintage photo frame that was painted white. 

"Unnie, this is pretty, isn't it?" She called out to Haemin.

"It is." Haemin nodded.

"It's perfect." Byeol paused and looked at Haemin. "Aren't you going to get a present for Hakyeon?"

"Should i?"

"Why not? He's been your only true friend before we came along, right?"

"How did you know that?"

"I guessed it."

Haemin nodded and picked a black frame.

"We should decorate these too." Byeol said thoughtfully.

After paying for the frames, they entered a DIY shop.Byeol looked around and found some cute animal and star stickers. She also got normal black felt tip pens, 5 white gift boxes and velvet cloth strips.Meanwhile, Haemin just got some wrapping paper.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Stuffing the items into that drawstring bag she had brought along, Byeol turned to Haemin. 

"Is that all we need?"

Haemin nodded. 

"Thanks for today."

"I should be thanking you. Thanks for not hating me anymore."

"Welcome. I don't know why i did that."

"Thank you. Haemi unnie." Byeol smiled and walked away, leaving Haemin in utter confusion.

"What did she call me?" Haemin thought to herself.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol opened the door and saw everyone staring at her. 

"Why are you guys all staring at me?" She asked.

"You seem to be in a really good mood. Did anything happen?" Gongchan asked casually.

"No...?" Byeol gave them a weird look. "What are you guys up to?"

"Nothing." Jinyoung shook his head.

"Did Haemin hypnotise you or something?" Baro asked.

"No. Why would she do that?" Byeol sighed. "You guys are acting really strange. Where's CNU oppa?"

At this moment, CNU came bursting through the doors, panting heavily. "I'm so sorry i'm late. Did anything get revealed?"

"Revealed?" Byeol turned to look at the bags CNU was carrying and smiled to herself. "Nevermind. If you need me, i'll be in my room." 

She was about to leave, but turned around when she reached the bottom of the stairs, only to find the boys all huddled together talking in hushed whispers.

"Could we... take a picture?" Byeol asked, startling the boys who were deep in their discussion.

"A picture? Yeah, sure." Sandeul nodded and went to get his camera. He set it on the tripod in the yard as they all went out.

"1, 2, 3, smile!"

A soft click was heard as the picture was taken. The last picture they would take together.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol went down to the living room where the boys were talking and coughed loudly to get their attention. Their heads turned and 5 pairs of eyes stared at her intently. 

"I'm going to clean my room up for a bit, don't disturb me tonight, okay?" She smiled.

They nodded instantaneously.Baro got up for abit and followed Byeol upstairs. They stopped outside her door.

"Ignore our weirdness recently, okay?" Baro said softly.

"Okay." She nodded. "I have no idea what you guys are up to, but if you're all having fun then it's fine with me."

"Thanks for being so understanding."

"Welcome."

"See you later." Baro ruffled her hair and disappeared downstairs.

Byeol crept to Sandeul's room and printed 5 copies of the photograph before scooting back to her own room quickly and locking the door. Seated on the carpet, she quickly took the photo frames out of her drawstring bag and laid them out nicely. Taking the black felt pen, she wrote their respective names on the back of the frames above hers. She used all their real name. She stuck animal stickers on the frame too. CNU's was a bear, Jinyoung's was a fox, Sandeul's was a duck, Baro's was a squirrel, and Gongchan's was a dinosaur.She smiled as she placed the photos into their frames. 

"One more thing..." she murmured, placing a small ribbon on each of the frames. "All done."

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

For the next few days, the boys often went out together, leaving Byeol to herself. She decided to call Hakyeon out one day.

"Why did you call me out?" Hakyeon asked, leisurely sipping on his drink.

"I just wanted to say goodbye." Byeol smiled softly.

"Goodbye? Where are you going?"

"To someplace far away."

"And you're not coming back?"

Byeol shook her head. "I don't think so."

Hakyeon nodded. "I'll miss you."

"Me too. I just wanted to thank you for being my black-knight. For always giving me a helping hand when i needed one."

"It's my greatest pleasure. And it's okay, i've always known you'd leave one day."

"Really?"

Hakyeon gave a knowing smile. "Don't worry, i'll help you keep this secret." He winked.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Is my fanfic starting to get a little boring? If it is, please don't hesitate to tell me!