Getting To Know Each Other

The Fallen Star

Baro dug through his closet to find a suitable piece of clothing for Byeol. It was difficult to, seeing how she was so small, and his clothes were all so big.

Byeol didn't know how to start. "Sunwoo-ssi." She called out.

Baro spun around, one of his eyebrow's raised. "You know my real name?" He asked.

It was weird, since she'd only met him today, and he hadn't even introduced himself yet. It would be a wonder for her to know his nickname, but his real name? This was a little weird.

"Yeah... i was going to say that i don't need to wear warm clothing. Stars don't feel cold. Or hot." She fiddled with her fingers nervously.

"Oh. But even so, people will find it suspicious if you're wearing so little in winter." He handed her a sweater. "At least put this on." He had finally found a small sweater suitable for her, even though he had no idea how it had landed in his closet. "Put this on, i'll go find you some shoes." He left her in the room.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol emerged from the room a while later, and found all 5 boys turning the shoe cabinet upside down.

"Hyung! You're stepping on my hands!" Gongchan squealed.

"Sorry." Sandeul muttered sheepishly.

"I found it!" Baro laughed.

"What's your sister's shoe doing at our place anyway?" Jinyoung complained.

"No idea." Baro shrugged. "Byeol, put these on."

Byeol nodded and put them on obediently.

"Is everyone ready? Then let's go." Jinyoung wiped his hands on his jeans, and they all left the house.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Byeol seemed amazed by every single thing she saw on the street. It was all so fascinating to her. Even though she'd seen skyscrapers and all kinds of things from the sky, experiencing these things in real life felt so surreal. She exclaimed at every single thing.

The boys found that mildly amusing, and even Jinyoung seemed to believe Byeol a little more now.

Everywhere that they went, they attracted stares from everyone. It was probably because of Byeol, whose beauty seemed to be radiating from within. Who wouldn't stare at her? She was probably the prettiest person around. Even that famous girl groups couldn't be compared to her.

"Where are we going?" Byeol's sudden voice pulled them back to reality.

"We're going to get a turkey for tonight!" Gongchan chirped. "Jinyoung Hyung, can Byeol join us for Christmas dinner?"

"Sure." Jinyoung had softened a little.

"Yay!" Gongchan smiled and hugged Byeol, giving her a small shock from the sudden skinship.

"Let's go!" Gongchan held her tiny hand in his happily.Everyone smiled at his enthusiasm. Gongchan seemed to really like Byeol.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Sandeul collapsed on the sofa once they got back. "I'm exhausted." He complained.

"It was just a short walk." Baro sighed. "Is your stamina that bad?"

Sandeul nodded grumpily.

Jinyoung plopped down in the sofa next to Sandeul and slapped his . "You'll probably be wide awake once the turkey is ready."

"Speaking of turkey, do we need to stuff it or anything?" Baro asked.

"Nah, it's already stuffed for us." CNU took a book from the shelf and started to read. "Another 6 hours to go before Christmas dinner starts."

"Let's use this time to know more about Byeol!" Gongchan piped up.

"Good idea." Sandeul muttered, half-asleep.

"How old are you?" Jinyoung asked.

"18." She paused. "Well, technically stars don't age after they turn 18."

"Cool. So you'll be 18 forever!" Sandeul was wide awake now.

"I don't know anything about you guys yet." She said softly.

"How could we forget that?" Gongchan face-palmed. "I'm Gong Chansik! But everyone calls me Gongchan. I'm 18 too!"

Byeol's face lit up. "Gong Chansik?"

Gongchan nodded eagerly and Byeol smiled. 

So this was who her sister had been taking care of all this while! He did seem sweet. It was no wonder her sister almost thought of abandoning the sky.

"I'm Lee Junghwan, but just call me Sandeul. I'm 19!" Sandeul smiled.

"Cha Sunwoo, otherwise known as Baro. I'm 19 too." Baro flashed a smile.

"Shin Dongwoo, but i prefer CNU. I'm 20." CNU held out his hand for a handshake, which Byeol accepted without hesitation.

"Jung Jinyoung. I don't have a nickname." Jinyoung laughed. "I'm 20 too. Sorry for being harsh in the morning. I was just afraid you were a stalker or anything."

"It's okay." Byeol smiled. "Do you guys believe me now?"

"Of course!" Everyone chorused. Even Jinyoung, although he was still a teeny bit suspicious of her.

"What is it like in the sky?" Sandeul asked curiously.

"It's nice! At night, The Moon comes. The Moon is like a father to us stars. He always takes care of us. In the morning, The Sun comes. She's like a mother, taking good care of us. We live on the clouds, sometimes roaming about the galaxy when our human is asleep." She explained.

"Wait, what do you mean your human?" Jinyoung asked.

"Every star is assigned to a human once she turns 18. And every Christmas, she will shine down on her human the brightest. Stars can emit a bright light called starlight." She replied.

"Who's your human?" Baro asked.Byeol was silent for awhile.

"You. Cha Sunwoo." She replied.

There was an awkward silence.

"So that's why you knew my name." He muttered.

Byeol nodded. "I'm supposed to be up there, shining down on you, but i guess i can't now." She sighed.

"What about that pendant? Does every star have it?" Jinyoung decided to clear the awkwardness in the air.

"Yeah. It's a source of power for us stars. Without it, we can't emit our starlight brightly. It protects us from any injury too." She smiled.

"Do stars have birthdays?" CNU asked out of the blue.

"Of course. I was born on Christmas. My sister's born on New Year's Eve." Byeol beamed.

"You have a sister too? Are you all one big family?" Baro asked, and she nodded.

"We're considered a super huge family. But i'm closest to this special star." She smiled happily at the thought of Miryeon.

A sudden thought popped into Baro's mind and he stood up. "I'm going out for a breather." He left quickly.

"Why's he in such a hurry?" Jinyoung frowned.

"Leave him be. He's probably just gonna run around." Gongchan shrugged.

Byeol examined everyone carefully. So this is what it felt like to be among the presence of humans.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Third chapter~~~ Have you guys been enjoying it so far?

Comments and upvotes are welcome and your subscription will be much appreciated ^^