School?

The Fallen Star

Byeol gripped the crystal in her hands and made a small wish. *Miryeon unnie, if you can hear me, please help me out.*

She was terribly homesick. Everywhere she went, it seemed as if she could see Miryeon. She was getting so sick of it. She didn't really like earth too. She had to wear shoes wherever she went as well as a sweater so people wouldn't be suspicious of her.

To make matters worse, Gongchan had most recently brought up the topic of school. She wasn't sure if she was going to like school. Sure, they had star school back in the sky, but things were sure to be different down here. Today, the matter was brought up again at breakfast.

"Hyung, what will happen to Byeol when school starts?" Gongchan asked for the umpteenth time in the past two days. That's right, Byeol had been with them for two days, and she still had absolutely no idea how to get back home.

"There's still a long way to go." Sandeul chuckled, stuffing a piece of bread into his mouth.

"School's starting in 5 days' time." Gongchan rolled his eyes.

"It is?! Time sure flies." Sandeul frowned.

"Should she enroll too?" Jinyoung asked.

"Can she?" Gongchan was thrilled.

"Doesn't she need to fill in her parents' information if she enrolls? What's she going to write?" CNU pulled them back to reality.

"Well... we could say she's a distant relative! And perhaps an orphan?" Gongchan suggested.

"And whose surname is she going to take?" Baro piqued up with interest.

"Oh! Can she take Gong?" Gongchan asked, eyes sparkling with interest.

"Gong Byeol sounds weird. Shin Byeol? Jung Byeol? Lee Byeol? Cha Byeol?" CNU listed out all the possibilities.

"Lee Byeol sounds the most normal. Sandeul, can Byeol be your long distance cousin?" CNU asked.

"Yeah sure." Sandeul nodded.

"So she's going to come to school with us?" Gongchan squealed.

"Yes, she is." Jinyoung nodded his approval.

"Yay!" Gongchan cheered.

Byeol didn't know whether to be glad or to mourn. "Is school nice?" She asked.

"Do you like studying?" CNU asked.

"I'm not particularly fond of it, but i don't mind." She replied.

"Then you won't mind school either." CNU gave her a warm smile.

"Just escape the queekas." Sandeul muttered under his breath.

"Queenkas?" Her eyes widened.

"Just ignore him. You'll be fine." Jinyoung gave her an encouraging smile, the first one he ever gave her.

Byeol smiled back, feeling a little better.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

It was a cold, freezing afternoon. The boys and Byeol were seated indoors, while they finalized the papers needed for Byeol to enroll in WM Academy.

"What additional courses do you want to take up?" CNU asked, with a pen and paper in hand.

"Additional courses?" Byeol frowned slightly.

"It's sort of an additional subject that you have interest in. It can be anything. Astronomy, music, art..." Baro trailed off.

"Astronomy sounds good." Byeol replied.

"You'd probably ace that." Gongchan laughed.

"Every star back home knows all about astronomy." Byeol grinned.

"That's a good choice. Except there's a queenka there." Sandeul said absent-mindedly, earning a smack from Jinyoung.

"Hyung!" Gongchan whined. "If you mention queenkas, kingkas or whatnot again i'll strangle you!"

"Sorry, my bad." Sandeul apologised.

"What are queenkas and kingkas though?" Byeol asked.

Everyone was silent.

"Well, basically they're the people who sort of 'rule' the school. Queenkas are the female ones and kingkas are the male ones. They've got a bunch of crazy followers, and they're usually not nice. I mean, except for us, we're nice." Jinyoung explained.

"Us? You guys are kingkas?" Byeol seemed impressed.

"Yeah. I guess girls just like us because we're nice." Baro shrugged.

"The queenkas aren't as nice as us though. They can be horrible as times." Gongchan added. "But don't worry, as long as you stick to us, you'll be fine!"

"Are we all in the same classes?" Byeol asked.

"Not really. Our school is separated by levels. CNU and i are in year 4, Baro and Sandeul are in year 3 and Gongchan's in year 2. You'll be in year 2, with Gongchan. We'll pull several strings so you can be in the same class as Gongchan." Jinyoung smiled.

"Thanks." The corners of Byeol's lips lifted.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Sandeul hummed to himself happily while hanging up the streamers for the upcoming party. It was New Years' Eve, and everything had to be perfect. The start of another perfect year was going to start. Well, maybe things would be a little more interesting this year, seeing how Byeol was with them now.

"Sandeul! Where are the portable chairs?" Jinyoung hollered from the backyard.

"It's in the storeroom!" Sandeul shouted back.

Byeol stood at the staircase, looking at the boys busy themselves. She felt a little useless.

It wasn't like she couldn't do anything, they just didn't let her near anything.

She couldn't hang the streamers because they were afraid she'd fall, she couldn't cook because they were afraid she'd cut herself, she couldn't even set the chairs out in the backyard because the chairs might be too heavy for her.

Baro walked down the stairs with yet another box of streamers and looked at Byeol pitifully. He placed the box near the ladder Sandeul was stading on and went back to Byeol. "Are you bored?" He asked.

Byeol nodded. "Very."

"Want to go out for a breather?" He smiled.

"Can i?" She asked.

He nodded. "Of course. They won't mind. Plus we still need some food for later. Come on then."

Byeol's face lit up and she bounced down the stairs.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

10 subscribers! /hugs to everyone/ Thank you so much! 

The 5th chapter is up, and i hope you guys have enjoyed it. :) Please remember to subscribe if you haven't and leave comments below! :)