Nine

We Got a Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPISODE 5

 

The clock was past 1 am when the idols were still awake to accompany their only one daughter who is still got fever. Using warm water, Soojung kept compresses the sleeping Haeun as Kai was busy with his phone.

 

“Yoboseyo hyung” Kai decided to call his closest member, Kyungsoo

“Jongin-aahh..huaah what’s up dude? Aren’t you supposed to be with Soojung?” He’s 100% sure that Sehun was the one who was answering his call.

He massaged his temple uneasy, “Yya Sehun-ah, where’s D.O hyung? I need to talk with him now?”

“Eheheyy why so hurry?” Sehun kept teasing with Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s voice from behind. They clearly didn’t feel the tense of their beloved dancing machine’s voice. “Do you probably wanna ask about how to cook her favorite dish? Ahh I know everything about Soojung’s favorite food”

“Aheeyy midnight cooking” Chanyeol snatched the phone only to teased Kai even more.

 

Soojung glanced questionably to Kai whom desperately face palming his face. “Sehun-ah, I need to talk to D.O hyung now. My daughter is sick and we need help”

 

That’s when Sehun almost jumped in surprise and immediately gave that poor phone to D.O who was playing game with Suho. “Jongin wants to talk to you, hyung. Ppali!”

 

“Jongin-ah, what’s going on?” D.O’s voiced echoed thru’ the line.

“Hyung, Haeun is sick. Her fever is high, ottokae?” He breathed heavily.

“How come? She was fine back then”

“We took her to the playground after the photoshoot, then suddenly she got fever when we’ve arrived at home” Kai told the older one.

 

Once again Soojung glanced at her virtual husband while keep compressing Haeun’s forehead. it’s the first time she saw the coolest man she ever met, Kim Jongin so panicky. At least in her eyes, Jongin always looks calm and slightly mysterious. She was quite surprised to find out that Haeun took a significant impact on his life.

 

“Yya calm down Jonginnie, have you give her any medicine?” D.O tried to calm him.

“Not yet. I don’t know what kind of medicine we should give her. We just keep compressing her forehead with warm water”

“Aaisshh this is so frustrating! You better call hyung manager to send you guys to hospital” D.O finally gave up. Maybe he’s the one who expert about cooking and stuffs, but absolutely not to medical thing.

“Ah nde hyung” Kai breathed heavily. He was kinda dissapointed to his bestfriend but he’s true, they should take Haeun to hospital now. “I’ll call you later”

then he pressed the red button to end their conversation.

 

“Soojung-ah, maybe we should take Haeun to hospital.. now” Jongin carefully spoke.

Soojung looked hesitate at first, but she finally nodded her head. “Okay, let’s call manager oppa”

She was about to take her phone before Kai cut her off, “I’ll drive”

 

MC I : Omoo that’s namja!

MC II : I think Kai is taking the right decision to drive his family to hospital. it’s family bussiness, right?

MC I & II : Ah right

 

 

 

Seoul International Hospital

“She’s good. No need to worry” a middle-aged pediatrician told them calmly while taking off his stethoscope. “I would prescribe some medicine for her”.

He then took some files which contain Haeun medical record before seriously writing on it.

“Are you sure? What about the fever, doc?” Soojung still wasn’t satisfied with his explanation.

“It’s fine, she was just too tired” The doctor smiled, “Just give her a proper rest and make sure she eat vitamins” With the last sentence, the old man stopped writing and gave it to Kai.

“Kangsahamnida” Kai and Soojung slightly bowed to him when the doctor left them alone.

 

“She’ll be fine, Soojung-ah” Kai patted her head lovingly.

She breathed heavily, “Thank’s God she’s good. Fiuhh I don’t know what to do, oppa” She felt limp all of sudden, therefore she decided to sit at the nearest chair. She stared no where blankly, like she just passed something big and exhausted.

 

Kai joined to sit next to her. He patted her back understanding, “This is our first time to deal with child, Soojung-ah. Me too, I was so panic and I thought I’m going crazy to see Haeun’s condition” Kai recalled what they went through.

“Gwenchana Soojung-ah, jinjja gwenchana” and now Kai brought her tiny body into his mascular arms. Soojung couldn’t resist the urge of tears to come out. She sobbed softly in his arms, feeling a lil’ bit guilty for what happened to Haeun just now.

 

 

MC I : Aigoo I know how she feels, it’s mother instinct and so natural, Krystal-ssi

MC II : Yeah they growing up now. Aissh I think they one step ahead as parents.

 

Interview

Q : Why are you crying?

Krystal : I don’t know, I was so panicky and worried. It’s the first time for me to take care of a child and I had no idea when she was ill. Thought I’m gonna crazy

 

Kai : I was quite surprised to find out how it is successfully made her sad and worry. Jung Soojung, I know her as someone who is really calm and not easily cry. But that night, I thought I need to protect her somehow.

 

MC II : Awww husband and wife are made for each other

MC III : True

 

“Mommy, I wanna go home” Haeun broke the silence. The little girl suddenly stood on the bed before lingering her tiny hands around Soojung’s neck.

“Yes my dear, let’s go home” then Soojung embraced her lil’ daughter.

Kai guided his family to the car after he gave the prescribe to be taken by his manager.

“Soojung-ah, I think it’s not a good idea to take Hauen home when she’s still sick like this”

Soojung looked at him confuse, but still decided to keep silent. “.. after all, tomorrow we’ve to fly to Shanghai for SM Town” continued Kai.

“And?”

Kai scratched his head nervously. He didn’t know what to say. He didn’t know how to start. He didn’t know what she would thinking about his idea, if she would agree or get mad at him instead.

“Then what do you think oppa?” Soojung repeated her question.

“What about to stay at my parent’s house tonight?”

“WHAT?!”

 

Whoopss that’s too much, Jung. Kai shuddered in fear to see her reaction. He knew it would be awkward for her to meet his family at this state, without any preparation. She should have brought something or at least dressed up, absolutely not with that bare face and simple fashion like t-shirt and ripped jeans.

 

“I know you would react like this. But it isn’t a bad idea tho, Jung” He carefully continue to persue the shocking Soojung. “Look, Haeun is sick and we’ve to leave her for work. Do you have the heart to let her stay alone at home with the crew or the worst to put her back at the orphanage?”

 

Make sense. Thank to his brain to process a very good reason. Because now her famous icy glare dissapeared instantly. Say hi to miss – confuse Krystal Jung. She didn’t reply, still drowning into her deep thought. Oh , meet the in laws? Why now? She cried silently. Ohtokaeee?!!

 

 

She had no other choice but to agree. She braved herself to nod and finally said “Ahrasseo” weakly.

Meanwhile Kai couldn’t help himself to laugh outloud seeing her nervousness. He thought she’s very cute. “Gwenchana Soojung-ah, my mom won’t bite” he winked naughtily.

“I didn’t say your family would hate me or something, it’s just… I should greet them first or at least bring something or properly dressed or..”

“You don’t need any makeup or pretty dress” He cut her off, “You already pretty, Soojung-ah”

 

 

MC I, II & III : Awwwwww so cheesy you boy! laughing nonstop

 

Soojung lost her breath instantly and it caused her cheeks blushing like red cherry. “Tch, stop being so cheesy, oppa!” She smacked him and left him with pouty lips.

“Yya, Soojung-ah shoud I buy Hanbok for you to wear?” said the boy who was laughing so hard. He likes to see her shy.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter