One

We Got a Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 1

Cheongdam-dong

Seoul 2014

 

“Good luck, maknae!!”

“Enjoy your day, daddy!”

“Keep praying that your wife will be as y as Miranda Kerr, hyung!”

 

Boisterous shouts from Suho, Chanyeol dan Sehun accompanying Kai when he got out of the car. He sighed heavily as he face-palmed his face, feeling embarrassed yet frustrated at their teasing who never stopped since an assignment letter addressed to him coming and the 11 of them did read it together.

 

MC 1 : Omo! It’s EXO Kai!!

MC 2 : Yeah, this is seriously daebak!

MC 3 : Hahaha I don’t know that EXO members are very naughty *laugh*

 

Shock. Panic. And hopeless.

Kai never thought that he would be involved in the newest KBS program which entitled “We Got a Baby”. Just by reading the title, he already got goose bumps and had shuddered in horror, not daring to imagine how he would spend his days ahead until the last episode. Becoming a father? Oh man...

 

Why me? Why not the hyungs? They’re indeed more mature than me, and they deserve to have a family. But me? Arrgh!! – Kai kept asking himself related to the unilateral agreement that force him to accept it. He still can not believe it.

 

Standing alone at the shelter, he took out the letter to read it once again. A small crew consisting of Program Director, scriptwriter, two cameramen, and stylist were surrounding him, standing at their own position since the camera was already rolling on. Yes, this newly reality show is kinda inspired by the previous well-known program “We Got Married”. Even the concept itself is still the same ; pairing idols to become a couple and showing their lives as a married couple. 

But they’re not just diving roles as husband and wife only, they also required to take care of a baby who adopted from the orphanage of SM foundation. It such as another form to campaign for child care programs that have been undertaken by the government, and is now done by celebrities which start from the SM maknaes, Krystal and Kai for the first season.

Such a noble action, actually.

But for both of them, it is more like a disaster.

 

“Am I really have to wait here?” Suddenly he turned to cameraman, causing the camera fulfilled by his face.

“Nde, the bus will arrive and take you to your wife” with that, the cameraman’s voice was also recorded.

“Who is she? An idol? From which group?” He kept bombarding that poor ahjussi with those questions, obviously he can not wait any longer.

 

MC 1 : Yya, seems he’s very curious to know who will be his partner, ckckck *chuckling*

MC 3 : Indeed *nods*

MC 2 : Hmm, I can’t wait to see their meeting. As you guys know, Kai and Krystal are often rumored dating by the netizen.

MC : Yeah, they’really close as friends, so that people started to assume them as a couple. So, how they react when they find out about the new status as a married couple. Whoaah it’s getting more interesting

They laughed together.

 

After waiting for almost twenty minutes, the bus finally arrived. He jumped into the bus and surprised at the weird atmosphere inside. Unexpectedly, it’s empty. There were only driver and three men who suddenly sang congratulations song for him in a dramatic way, making him covered his face as he felt embarrassed.

“What’s this?” He shyly asked, more to himself.

He then sat at the middle empty seat once the three singers stopped singing and invited Kai to sit.

Hahaha that was so funny! So silly! – He thought while holding back his cheeky smile.

 

The bus drove past main roads in Cheongdam-dong area. No sign of the bus will stop to pick up a girl who is none other than his future-virtual wife. He’s very nervous. He bit his lower lip while stomping his foot playfully like it has its own rythm. He even forgot to plug the earphone to listen his fave playlist in iPod like he used to. Inwardly, he wondered who is the girl that would stay with him for the next 10 episodes. He is practically not thinking about his future child which is the main issue of this program. He’s more thinking about his wife-to-be. Oh boys.

 

Boys will be boys.

 

Meanwhile, in front of a luxury boutique in the region of Sinsa-dong, standing a pretty girl with walnut straight hair which  flowing beautifully. Her stunning appearance that day managed to steal attention of people who passing by around her, forcing some bodyguards to secure the location from the invasion of fans.

She doesn’t wear any luxury apparels like she used to wear on stage actually. She only wore denim high waist short pants with oversized white shirt and a pair of white boots. Simply stunning, typical F(X) Krystal aka Jung Soojung’s fashion style.

 

Soojung stamped her foot while repeatedly glancing at her watch. She’s nervous, obviously. Just like the male lead, she was also surprised to learn she was assigned to play the role as virtual parents by the agency where she and four other members sheltered. During this time, she was quite happy to get a role as a young girl in several dramas that gained high ratings. That’s more than enough.

She never expected she would engaged into a reality show which showcases the life of fake marriage as it has been experienced by f(x)’s leader, Victoria in WGM season two. No, just thinking about it she already had goose bumps. Married at this young age, especially with an idol who comes from the same company, oh no, it even never ever existed in her dictionary. But she couldn’t do anything but accept it. Once the CEO asks the artists to do something, they all definitely have to do it without any arguement, including their baby maknae.

 

“Are you nervous?” The cameraman was the first who break the silence.

She nodded but forcing herself to smile. “Nde, a lil’ bit. Who’s the male lead, anyway?” she asked half-heartedly, obviously trying to hold back her curiosity.

“You’ll meet him soon” He said.

She sighed, feeling unsatisfied with the answer. “Which group he comes from? Super Junior? EXO? Shinee?” Still, she hasn’t given up.

“...” The shaking forefinger was indicating the answer of himself which means : I can’t tell you yet.

She still hasn’t given up, even immersed in deep thought. “Ah jinjja, who is he? Aish so frustrating!” She stamped her foot like a kid once more. “Siwon oppa? Suho oppa? Sehun? Ohh Minho oppa perhaps?” She guessed the whole oppas one by one, secretly wishing the cameraman willing to tell her about the male lead.

“Sorry I can’t tell you, Soojung-ah” He said apologitecally, earning sad expression from her.

 

MC 3 : Ahh I feel bad for you, Soojung-ah

MC 1 : Nde, she must be so curious to find out who will be her husband

 

Shortly afterwards, a green bus with a small banner bearing the logo of “We Got a Baby” stopped right in front of her. All people who were there shouted excitedly, impatiently waiting for their undisclosed idol to come down and meet the famous ice princess, Krystal Jung.

Soojung could feel her heart beat were beating like crazy.

She bit her lower lip once she saw the shadow of a man wearing a black cap, torn faded jeans and also a white T-shirt appeared behind the door, waiting for it to open.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter