Eight

We Got a Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure wanna do this?” With hesitation Soojung asked Kai when the car which driven by them stopped at the red light. The anxiety obviously plastered on her face that intentionally left plain without any makeup while the man next to her looked relaxed, nodding his head to the rhythm of f(x)’s electric shock that he deliberately played along the way.

Today, after spending more than a half days of photoshoot, Kai and Soojung were allowed to enjoy free time to do whatever they want. Tight schedules they had before SMTown concert honestly made them both eager to spend  free time to have rest in dorm. But Kai seemed had another plan. He unconsciously took the initiative to take his virtual wife and daughter to play in the nearest theme park. He wanted to play with them instead.  

Happy. It was the first expression that radiated from Soojung and Haeun’s faces. Of course she was so excited about the idea, since it’s been a long time she didn’t set her foot on the playground. But when she imagined they would be surrounded by a sea of fans, his fans to be exact, instantly made her shudder in horror.

Hasn’t lost in her memory how nervous she was when she walked with her sister among hundreds of fans who surrounded them at the first episode of Jessica&Krystal. She seemed going to faint at that moment. So, considering so many fanatic fans who always follow Kai wherever he went made her think more than twice to go with him in public. No, Jung Soojung didn’t want to die at this young age.

“Yep!” He simply said as enjoyably drove the car.

“Ah cheongmalyo? Oppa please think about it once again” She pleaded, started to grab his arm anxiously.

Kai chuckled while looking at her in the eyes. She was indeed looks so scared though she didn’t say it, Kai had no idea why he found it cute. Maybe because Soojung whom he knew was a tough and cool person. He didn’t expect to see another side of her like this. “Yya are you scared?” He even made it obvious, ouch what a silly man!

Soojung shook her head immediately, “Of course I’m not!” and defended herself, “...but don’t you think it will be so dangerous for Haeun, huh? I mean she must be freaking out seeing those freaking fans”

Kai bursted into laughter before holding her hand with his other free hand, “Hey relax, Soojung-ah. Everything will be fine, trust me” He sincerely said, shifted his gaze to Soojung for a moment.

She knew, there was no point in arguing any further. She knew he couldn’t change his decision no matter what. Like it or not, they would still go there. Soojung breathed hard before diverting her gaze out of window, pretending to pay attention to the cars who passed by.

 

MC 1 : He should’ve said something to soothe her

MC 3 : Nde, he should’ve said “dont worry darling, I’ll be there for you” *pretending like a hero* makes everyone bursted in laughter.

MC 2 : Then you shoud train him first!

 

“Mommy, can I ride the caroussel?” Haeun suddenly asked, breaking the silence between her parents.

Instead Kai who answer her. “Yes baby, I’ll accompany you as well”

The little girl brightened happily, “Really? And may I buy a cotton candy too?” her eyes pleaded cutely, makes Kai couldn’t help himself but laughing when he stared at her through the rearview mirror.

“As you wish princess”

 “Yeaaayy thank you daddy!” Haeun squealed in delight, hugging a teddy bear given by her favorite uncle Chanyeol. “You wanna ride it too, teddy? What? You’re not scared?” Then was chirping by herself.

Soojung couldn’t help herself from smiling widely. Kim Haeun never failed to make her happy just to hear her merrily laughter.

She gasped surprised when something warm wrapped her palm. She shifted her gaze to the source of warmth and surprised when she found Kai who was holding her hand.

“Don’t worry Soojung-ah, I’ll always protect you guys” He sincerely said as he rubbed her palm.

 

MC 3 : There you go, Kai!!

MC 1 : Ahh that’s a namja! *smiled in victory*

 

Like what she had predicted, parking area of the theme park they visited had been filled by hundreds of fans who were screaming hysterically,waiting impatiently to see them.

Both of them were shuddered in horror, even Haeun began to hug Soojung from aside frightened. Soojung wrapped her arms around Haeun before carrying her when they got off the car. A group of bodyguards were immediately surround to secure them just when those fanatic fans ran hysterically at them both.

The bodyguards were forced to tightened the line in order to prevent the fans who insisted approaching the couple. They shouted like crazy, most of them were his rabid fans who incessantly screaming his name. The situation at the entrance turned into chaos instantly, forcing additional security down to help them both to the ticket entrance.

 

MC 2 : Oh God, that’s the risk of becoming idols ckckck

MC 1 : If I were there too, wouldn’t they scream out my name too?

MC 2 : Yeah you wish! *rolling her eyes annoyed*

MC 1 : Wae? Wae? Waee? *pissed off*

 

“Soojung-ah, let me carry her”

Soojung had no time to process what he was saying because Kai already pulled his daughter out of her arms and brought her tiny body into his arms. Then with the other free hand, he brought her closer to his arms. Soojung couldn’t say anything, she was practically speechless. She didn’t know how to respond even too shocked to react his sudden movement. She could only blink her eyes repeatedly and let him guided her.

 

Q : Why are you suddenly hugged her?

Kai : I was frightened. The situation was really chaos. Fans kept following us, screaming hysterically, some of them even dare to berate Soojung. Oh I  hope she didn’t hear it. Therefore I took the initiative to hold Haeun and embraced Soojung in the hope she didn’t notice what they’ve said to us.

 

Q : How was the situation? You scared?

Soojung : Chaos. The playground suddenly turned into mess once we stepped out of the car. Of course I was freaking scared, but I’m more worried about Haeun. She was still not used to it and I felt guilty towards her. It makes me think if someday I have my own kids, perhaps I wouldn’t take them to the public. No, I’m not ready for that *laughing*

 

After succeed passing through crowd of fans, the couple were finally able to get in and enjoy every rides freely. Of course some of the bodyguards, crew and even f(x)’s manager were still there to accompany them, if there are still naughty fans who followed them and ruin their first date as a family.

“Ah it’s so refreshing!” with hands up, Kai squealed happily. Tiredness he felt as a result of practising relentless as if lost instantly. “Haeun-ah, which one do you want to play first?”

“There! I wanna play that, daddy!” Haeun pointed to spacecraft rides vigorously. Her feet pounding cheerfully while her right hand shook Soojung’s arm impatiently.

Just like her daddy, Kim Haeun was really excited. Her face brightened amazed once they entered the park. Series of rides which accompanied by cheerful music made her gaping in awe. It was the first time she visited the amusement park. This time, she could only see it from television or pictures in story books that always been read by caregivers at the orphanage. She always dreamed that someday she could visit it though she knew she couldn’t go there with her parents who had died. Then f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter